Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-28-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never heard of him but when i saw his physical stats i jizzed

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This year we are really changing our team to be more athletic and gritty

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is one sexy man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got up, and first reaction is... Who names their kid "Coty?"

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Markelle Martin in the 6th is just good business.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know much about Coty, but he has decent speed and measurables. Good # of passes defended.

The TE seems like Cook. He played DE so maybe he's tuff and can block. But supposedly was just moved to TE and didn't catch a pass? Kinda surprised we have to give up any pick to get a guy like that.

Martin seems like a steal now, I thought he coulda been a 3-4th.

I was hoping we might try to get Frank Alexander, but he went higher than expected. And no Mother Fugger lol. We certainly didn't load up for pass rush, hope we can get a lot better with what we got.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We is gunna trade for Osi.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

and our draft class may not be the sexiest, but is sure as hell is one of the fastest.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
and our draft class may not be the sexiest, but is sure as hell is one of the fastest.
We've been duped by speed before. Not trying to put down these guys, just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
We is gunna trade for Osi.
He's getting older, and had an injury last year (not sure what but I think he missed like half the season), but if he looks healthy, he could be a big contributor to the pass rush.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe we can pick up a couple of good UDFAs like Fugger and Sean Richardson, and then trade for Osi. That'd be neat.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Wouldn't surprised if Fugger is drafted in the 7th. And if he goes after 20, I may be a bit ticked lol.

I think the rumor is the Giants wanted a 3rd for Osi...offer a 5th and see where it goes from there.

Last edited by Bobo : 04-28-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sensabuagh is a good player, but too high. I haven't been able to follow really closely today, but are David Molk and Michael Brewster still available?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Markelle Martin in the 6th is just good business.
Absolute steal. I was thrilled
Old 04-28-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

damn there goes molk
Old 04-28-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH
Was Wright BPA? No. He wasn't a reach, but he wasn't this elite prospect that we just couldn't believe fell to us. Hell, he wasn't even the best WR available depending on who you asked (although I think I take Wright over Hill).
This part I just can't get on board with (unless you are talking about your own personal rankings, then I can see what you're saying, although it's not really relevant in the grand scheme of things). You say that Wright wasn't BPA, and yet later say that we didn't have a glaring need at WR... well, those are the two things that cause teams to pull the trigger on guys. They are either drafting who they believe to be the best player left, or they're drafting to fill a roster hole. I think most of us would agree that WR wasn't a huge, glaring need, so SOMETHING caused them to pick him - I think it's pretty clear they held him in higher regard than the other players left on board and had him as the BPA.

We as fans are all guilty of complaining about past picks being reaches just to fill needs, yet on this occasion it appears that they did not reach to fill need - they took who their board dictated. It might not have been who we thought was the best player left, but I think most signs point to him being the best player they thought was left, and I at least have gotta give em props for that.

I loved DeCastro as a player, but really, I can't get too upset about passing on a Guard. I think the Steelers have enough dynamic play makers at multiple levels and on both sides of the ball to get away with drafting a Guard in rd 1. I don't believe that we have enough difference makers to pass one up if we believe one is staring us in the face.

I do agree with you about an offensive philosophy change with our new staff though, and personally, I like it, although I do prefer hard nosed defensive football. But things are a-changin'.
I wanted to answer this last night, but wouldn't have been able to do so well.

When I go off BPA, I usually take from my board and several other different boards from guys I trust, from guys like TACKLE to Mayock. If the Titans believe Wright was the BPA, then that's fine. I had him as a late 1st. I myself can't then get behind it just because the Titans think it.

When it comes to determining value when it comes to personal rankings, I think one team taking a guy doesn't validate his value. Rather, I think it's when multiple teams keep passing on a guy and he falls out of the 1st and further. That's when we go, "Well, obviously they know something we don't."

People are arguing that Bruce Irvin was a proper value because 2-3 other teams had him as a 1st RD'er. But how many teams didn't think Irvin was a 1st RD'er? If it's more than the number of teams who thought he was a 1st, then who is right? Caddy said it great in this thread and worded what I wanted to last night. If we are to go by the selecting team's big board and place value based on it, then there's never such a thing as a reach.

And this is a really tricky argument because, even if a guy is BPA, and it could be unanimous, the guy could still flop just because things happen. And it's not a bad thing for a team to follow's it's own board, like you said. I'd rather the FO listen to it's coaches and scouts instead of Todd McShay. The Titans FO has certainly made me feel stupid before.

This reminds me of the CJ pick. We have a ton of potential at WR, but not much production, which is what we had at RB then. We talked about attributing value, but they both went about the same range in a draft where their position was deep. But what's sticking out to me is Munch saying they couldn't resist Wright's playmaking ability, because Fisher said something similar when we took CJ. Fish said we wanted a guy who could score TD's. It appears the Titans value playmakers like draftniks value pass-rushers, which is what you said about never having enough playmakers earlier.

I just can't shake the feeling of an ulterior motive in drafting Wright, even considering the philosophy change, and I have to wonder if this is the something that induced the pick. Whether it's Britt's knee, iffy plans on re-signing Britt, cutting Nate Washingto next offseason when his salary jumps to like 4 million+, or giving up on Damian Williams ever becoming more than a slot WR. We have our best WR corps in a decade, and this deep is sooo deep at the position. It's hard for me to wrap my head around them being adamant that they need this one guy added to our group. But then again, I wondered why the Packers took Jordy when they had Jennings, Driver, and Jones, and now he's their best WR, in my opinion.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Absolute steal. I was thrilled
Agreed. Hands down. He's a FS too, so this fits into Pitbull talking about a defensive philosophy of focusing on stopping the pass.

Babineaux, Griffin, Martin, Robert Johnson, and Anthony Smith (if Smith is still under contract - not sure). All are free safeties.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

So did we trade a future pick to get into the 7th and get DE Scott Solomon? 5.0 40 and didn't care to run another at his Pro Day. Not solely judging him by that of course, but I've read front office guys/scouts say they like seeing a guy try to do better at his Pro Day. Oh well, maybe I can find some film to look at.

But we coulda had that Mother Fugger :( So close.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Smith isn't under contract.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
So did we trade a future pick to get into the 7th and get DE Scott Solomon? 5.0 40 and didn't care to run another at his Pro Day. Not solely judging him by that of course, but I've read front office guys/scouts say they like seeing a guy try to do better at his Pro Day. Oh well, maybe I can find some film to look at.

Gave up a 6th in next year's draft.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Agreed. Hands down. He's a FS too, so this fits into Pitbull talking about a defensive philosophy of focusing on stopping the pass.

Babineaux, Griffin, Martin, Robert Johnson, and Anthony Smith (if Smith is still under contract - not sure). All are free safeties.
He reminds me alot of early Michael Griffin. He's not afraid to hit.

Babineaux will play SS for us, but has a history of FS so he's a clear upgrade over Hope at SS in my opinion.

I'm still anxious to see what we intend to do with Campbell
Old 04-28-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

He's one that I mentioned could be late round steals. Real good production, not overly athletic but a blue collar hard worker that could make the team
Old 04-29-2012, 02:11 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

My 2012 Titans draft grade:

1) WR Kendall Wright 5'10" 196 Baylor - Grade: A-
I had his as my second best player on the board. Based on our draft, it indicates we really didn't think O-Line needed an upgrade in personnel. After this selection, I carefully watched David DeCastro (I had watched him play, but had never actually scouted him prior to this) and was fairly unimpressed.

2) LB Zach Brown 6'1" 244 NC - Grade: B+
Brown is a hard player to grade, he has extreme ability but wasn't much of a hitter and didn't do all that well in coverage. Was it the player or scheme? This is something we'll find out soon. With this selection we should have a great LBer threesome for years to come. This drastically upgrades the speed on defense and he can hopefully matchup with the TE's in the division. I give it a B+ based on the fact that Vinny Curry, my favorite DE in the whole class was sitting there and we passed. I also prefer LaVonte David to Brown.

3) DT Mike Martin 6'1" 306 Michigan - Grade: B+
Martin is a good selection, he reminds me of a perfect mix of Jurrell Casey and Karl Klug. He's a high motor guy with Caseys stuffing ability and Klugs pass rushing ability. With that said, it would have been nice to grab a big DT and not another short one with a frame maxed out at 305.

4) DB Coty Sensabaugh 5'11" 189 Clemson -Grade: C+
Sensabaugh has elite athletic ability, but I can't help but think it was a full round higher than he should have been. I also had several CBs way high on my list. Hopefully Gray saw something in him.

5) TE/DE Taylor Thompson 6'6" 259 SMU - Grade: D-
Is he a TE or a DE? Right now, only the Titans know. He has really good numbers, at 6'6" 260 ran in the 4.5s with a 37" vertical. I think I'd prefer him at DE but I get the feeling he'll be a TE. I really disliked this pick because we moved up to get him.

6) FS Markelle Martin 6'1" 207 Oklahoma State - Grade: A+
He's always around the ball, and I had him rated way higher than most. Pretty physical safety and definitely worth the shot in the 6th. He reminds me of a rawer Michel Griffin as a prospect.

7) DE Scott Solomon 6'3" 272 Rice - Grade: B+
He was one of my late round gems at DE's, high motor high production guy. Not real athletic, but a much better prospect than Fugger.

Overall: B - We filled some holes, added a lot of speed and got some late rounders I feel can contribute.

Relatively disappointed with our free agent class. I know WR's are always a popular FA signing, but we drafted one and already have Britt, Washington, Williams, Hawkins and Mariani. Add Wright to that and that's all 6. Mariani is our RS, I could understand one or two, but 3 seems too many.

With our current roster at OL, DE and DB I would have wish we had loaded more in FA with these positions.

DJ Woods, WR, Cincinnati
Devin Aguilar, WR, Washington
Christian Scott, SAF, Texas
Alex Watkins, LB, Alabama
Nick Stephens, QB, Tarleton St
Chandler Burden, OL, Kentucky
DaJohn Harris, DT, USC
William Vlachos, OC, Alabama
Beau Brinkley, LS, Missouri
LaQuinton Evans, WR, Southern

I know we can't sign all FA's I want, but I really thought the following players would have been good FA signings.

DE Jacquis Smith missouri
CB Ryan Steed Furman
QB GJ Kinne Tulsa
DE Julian Miller WV
C Michael Brewster Ohio State
RB Jason Ford Illinois
WR Gerrell Robinson Arizona State
CB Coryell Judie Texas AM
DE Adrian Hamilton Prairie View AM
WR Dale Moss SD State
Old 04-29-2012, 03:19 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Ew, Nick Stephens. What is with our fascination with terrible ginger QBs?
Old 04-29-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking forward to next year and drafting Eric Reid or a passrusher.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Looking forward to next year and drafting Eric Reid or a passrusher.
Devin Taylor