Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-26-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default DeCastro at Right Tackle?

I heard Sal Pal talking about DeCastro as the RT for the NYJ. What do y'all think?
Old 04-26-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he could do it but why move him?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Exactly. You have a guy who can be the absolute best guard in the league. Why would you move him? Does not compute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you have an urgent need at RT and don't think Reiff and Glenn are worth a darn, I suppose.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like a waste of his talents. Who are the Jets guards? Can any of them kick out to RT?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Seems like a waste of his talents. Who are the Jets guards? Can any of them kick out to RT?
I know Slauson is one and that dude Ducasse who everyone thought was going to be good is another but I don't think he even starts.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I know Slauson is one and that dude Ducasse who everyone thought was going to be good is another but I don't think he even starts.
Wasn't Ducasse supposed to be a tackle?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wasn't Ducasse supposed to be a tackle?
Pretty sure he was bumped into play guard. If he was supposed to be a tackle he couldn't beat out Wayne Hunter so that isn't a good sign.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Slauson is perfectly average, so he should keep his starting job. He's coming off of shoulder surgery, but he's supposed to be ready to work out. He has the size and bulk to be a tackle, but he was a guard even back in college.

Brandon Moore is not very good at run blocking any more, but is still one of the best pass blockers in the NFL. He's the only starting guard on any team to not allow a quarterback knockdown last season. He's too old to go messing with his position. He probably only has one or two seasons left in the league, but this is the last year of his contract. He'll probably go somewhere else to finish his career after it.

Vladimir Ducasse is on the depth chart somewhere, but if he couldn't beat Wayne Hunter last season, he's no threat to do anything in the NFL.

It may be worth it for them to take DeCastro, have him go to right tackle for a season until Moore retires, then move him inside and pick up a tackle at that time. Might as well get a hold of DeCastro while they can...if they can.

Last edited by Monomach : 04-26-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Slauson is perfectly average, so he should keep his starting job. He's coming off of shoulder surgery, but he's supposed to be ready to work out. He has the size and bulk to be a tackle, but he was a guard even back in college.

Brandon Moore is not very good at run blocking any more, but is still one of the best pass blockers in the NFL. He's the only starting guard on any team to not allow a quarterback knockdown last season. He's too old to go messing with his position. He probably only has one or two seasons left in the league, but this is the last year of his contract. He'll probably go somewhere else to finish his career after it.

Vladimir Ducasse is on the depth chart somewhere, but if he couldn't beat Wayne Hunter last season, he's no threat to do anything in the NFL.

It may be worth it for them to take DeCastro, have him go to right tackle for a season until Moore retires, then move him inside and pick up a tackle at that time. Might as well get a hold of DeCastro while they can...if they can.
And almost all of this as well. Moore's not going to move, and Slauson's good enough to continue starting. They could try to kick Slauson out to RT, but that would likely be a disaster.

Ducasse is currently a RT again (was drafted as a guard, got kicked out to tackle, kicked back into guard, and how he's at tackle again - I believe that's how it went there have been a lot of position changes for him) and is supposedly going to be given a chance to start there this season which should be a disaster.

I just think if the Jets want a tackle they should take a tackle. No sense in messing with DeCastro's position, he's going to be an outstanding guard and should play there. This would be a really disappointing pick I think, and I hope if they do take him they at least leave him at guard. Not sure if Slauson or Moore gets cut/traded/moved to a different spot in that scenario, but I think it'd be foolish for any team to take DeCastro to have him play tackle.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
If you have an urgent need at RT and don't think Reiff and Glenn are worth a darn, I suppose.
I'll say Riley Reiff is and will be a better tackle than DeCastro. I dont get all this talk of moving Decastro, his strength is pulling and getting to the next level of the defense. Let's not #### with that.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could Calvin Johnson play TE? Probably, but if he could be one of the best where he already plays then why move him?

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say he is far more likely to be moved to OC like the Pouncey's were. It is simply a far more important position than OG which is why the Pouncey's were put at OC.
Teams know they can find OG's later in the draft and it requires a far less talented player so really why keep Decastro at OG should be the real question.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Whoa whoa, slow your roll fellas. Read the top post. This is Sal Palantonio saying this. I agree, he's a great guard and should remain there. My question was simply whether or not he would be as elite at RT as he would at guard.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
sgtrobo
Rookie

sgtrobo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i don't think the Steelers plan on moving him to RT.

I don't think he could possibly be as elitet of a RT as he probably will be an OG. He has dinosaur arms which will ultimately limit him at RT, while they are of no consequence as an OG.
sgtrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtrobo View Post
i don't think the Steelers plan on moving him to RT.

I don't think he could possibly be as elitet of a RT as he probably will be an OG. He has dinosaur arms which will ultimately limit him at RT, while they are of no consequence as an OG.
Probably going to be a lot like Alan Faneca, 9 time pro bowler, superb NFL career. There are going to be a lot of guys drafted ahead of him that will fall by the wayside.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
sgtrobo
Rookie

sgtrobo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yessir....couldn't be happier!
sgtrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
RT >>>> RG.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers have 4 young studs on the OL all of a sudden.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote