Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-29-2012, 03:56 AM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't like the Lamar Holmes pick in the 3rd round by the Falcons. It's not that he wasn't highly regarded within the draft community, but more-so that he doesn't really look that good in the few games I've seen him in. Regardless, he is a mammoth LT in a pass-orientated offense, so I have my hopes, but I also have heavy doubts.
Master Exploder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:02 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
All of them except for Nick Toon in the 4th.
pretty much my feelings only i didnt want to come across negatively a third year in a row

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:08 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Foles in the third.

Hate that pick so much.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:26 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Foles, but that's a seemingly terrible fit considering how much Reid seems to value mobility at the QB position.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:33 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I like Foles, but that's a seemingly terrible fit considering how much Reid seems to value mobility at the QB position.
I just don't see it with Foles, not even a little bit. He has a mediocre arm and he has to put a lot of air under the ball, struggles to drive the ball, needs space to throw, slower release because of his arm length, inconsistent accuracy, unathletic, fades away from pressure, drops his eye level and focuses on the pressure, skittish. I really don't see much to like outside of his size, team first mentality and intelligence. He's like a poor man's Blaine Gabbert, even his hair is slightly worse than Gabbert's.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:40 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's nothing like gabbert, i would say derek anderson with a weaker arm

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:08 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
he's nothing like gabbert, i would say derek anderson with a weaker arm
I wouldn't compare him to anyone who's started a season in the NFL, just out of principle.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:10 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Probably the highest rated player at that point. I'm a big fan of his, so I liked the pick.
Yeah, he was a highly rated player. I agree he's a pretty talented kid. There's just a couple questions I have about the pick. When is he going to start? Because he'll likely sit out the 2012 season. If that were the case, why not just draft a new WR next year? You have a couple years left on Burleson's contract to do that.

Even if he does get healthy this year, he won't see the field over CJ, Titus, and Nate right now. Maybe he can contribute on special teams?
Old 04-29-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Bequette is going to be a passing downs 5-tech for them.
I doubt it. More likely a 3 tech.

Nickel packages usually take out the big DT or NT and add a DB. In a base 3-4 that slides the DE inside and brings both OLB forward. You can call it a 4-2, since there are 4 on the line, or 2-4, since only 2 have a hand down. Either way the "DE" plays inside the OT.

Bequette is perfect for that role. Nice pick.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
ramsrule
Rookie

ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm not thrilled at all with the Cowboys picks of Kyle Wilber, Matt Johnson and Danny Coale.
disagree on Cole. Think he will be a very solid player for you guys.
ramsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
batsandgats
Rookie

batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Blake and Bolden in the 4th Round are certainly not WTF picks, they both have starter potential and are highly thought of by draftniks everywhere.

Now the Cowboys drafting Matt Johnson DB/Eastern Washington in the 4th... THAT'S a WTF pick.
Really? Matt Johnson is a 6 ft 211 pound safety that ran a 4.54 with a 38 inch vertical, his short shuttle and 3 cone drills were good as well as his broad, with over 300 career tackles and 17 interceptions. I think that Cowboys got a good deal in the 4th round. I think he can make an impact and the Cowboys scouted well.

I watched the game against Texas Tech, he didn't have a problem with FBS schools they faced.

I would be disappointed with the Saints draft but I know they didn't have a 1st or a 2nd, a positive way to look at is that Mark Ingram was basically our 1st round pick. Some of you are freaking out about late round picks, not every team is going to find a diamond in the rough, and usually when they do we don't see it until years later, so hopefully the Saints know what they are doing, even though I don't think Sean Payton was able to be involved in the process.

Last edited by batsandgats : 04-29-2012 at 12:22 PM.
batsandgats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
molenguinurtle
Rookie

molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We took a punter in the 3rd round.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having not liked the pick of Irvin for Seattle then changing my mind to being ok i'm back to not liking it. Main Reason, we passed on Michael Floyd and David Decastro. For me those are clearly better football players and they fill a need.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molenguinurtle View Post
We took a punter in the 3rd round.
/thread...

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger View Post
Ours is probably the compensation picks Mike Daniels and Jerron McMillian, only because nobody is very aware of them. Both are perfect players for what we need.
Yeah those were the only two that gave me pause. Not so bothered by McMillian after reading up on him, but still have my doubts on Daniels. They've made comments about trying to play more base 3-4 this season yet he doesn't really fit in a base 3-4 alignment. Sure he can be used in he nickel sub package but in a 3-4 you can only keep so many defensive linemen.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Have you heard of Tavon Wilson? Before yesterday I hadn't either, newest 2nd rounder for the Pats.
This pretty much summarized it.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsrule View Post
disagree on Cole. Think he will be a very solid player for you guys.
Not sure what kind of player he will be. I was mostly shocked that we took him, not necessarily doubted his skills as a player. I questioned the draft value, but he was a 5th rounder, so it wasn't terrible. The more I research things about him, the more I'm starting to come around. Same for Matt Johnson.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsandgats View Post
Really? Matt Johnson is a 6 ft 211 pound safety that ran a 4.54 with a 38 inch vertical, his short shuttle and 3 cone drills were good as well as his broad, with over 300 career tackles and 17 interceptions. I think that Cowboys got a good deal in the 4th round. I think he can make an impact and the Cowboys scouted well.

I watched the game against Texas Tech, he didn't have a problem with FBS schools they faced.

I would be disappointed with the Saints draft but I know they didn't have a 1st or a 2nd, a positive way to look at is that Mark Ingram was basically our 1st round pick. Some of you are freaking out about late round picks, not every team is going to find a diamond in the rough, and usually when they do we don't see it until years later, so hopefully the Saints know what they are doing, even though I don't think Sean Payton was able to be involved in the process.
Thanks for sharing that! Nice to see somebody knowing something about him. That pick was a shocker to me.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Bucs- Goode, Tandy, Smith and Dunsmore. All 4 of them are camp bodies and wouldn't be on legitimate playoff teams.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Not sure what kind of player he will be. I was mostly shocked that we took him, not necessarily doubted his skills as a player. I questioned the draft value, but he was a 5th rounder, so it wasn't terrible. The more I research things about him, the more I'm starting to come around. Same for Matt Johnson.
You are going to like him so much.

VT fans widely consider Coale one of their favorites ever.

And he can punt.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote