Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-29-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsrule View Post
Big Rams fan here.....not too sure about the Brockers pick. Would have like to have seen them pick the guard from Stanford that went to the Steelers. Brockers sounds more like a diamond in the rough, and a two win team needs people who can contribute right away. Normally I do not pay much attention to these types of stats (Penn State DL and Miami QB's) but how many LSU players become better than average players in the NFL? Bowe is a stud, Peterson has potential, and Addai had a few good years. I am going to do more research on this topic, but to me, at first glance, LSU players seem to underachieve in the NFL.

I like the pick of Quick. Living in NC and having friends who graduated from there, I follow App State and I think he is going to be a good one. Jenkins is a stud. Just hope he does not end up like Phillips (being a Miami Hurricane fan, I began following him since his days as a high school standout at "the Muck." Was disappointed when he chose Gators). Was hoping they would take Miller or the rb from Oregon, but Pead seems like a good pick. They needed a kicker since they released Brown and got the top rated one in the draft. Would have like to have seen them address their OL and LB needs earlier. Overall, I give them a B-. Do not know much about Givens, but I hear he has good speed and is a good route runner. Those combinations make for a successful wr IMHO.
I would argue that the Rams have absolutely no need to win now. The have a metric ass ton of picks in the earlier part of the draft for this year and next. Let Bradford ease into his prime with no big pressure. Give a bunch of young guys playing time to develop their game. Try to give Jackson yards to bolster his HoF resume or trade him to a contender. With a good draft next year, they should be stocked with enough talent to make plenty of noise in the playoffs.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

B-/C+.

Love the Richardson pick. Trevin Wade and Billy Winn were steals in the 6th/7th. James-Michael Johnson was a great pick in late round 4, eventual starting NFL linebacker. Mitchell Schwartz, solid yet unspectacular pick without great upside. Travis Benjamin was a solid pick in round 4. John Hughes was a meh pick in round 3, seems like a reach but he was a late riser who profiles as a #3 DT.

Weeden pick is key. If he pans out to be a top 15 passer in the NFL and the leader of a fantastic offense then the public opinion of this draft will soar. If he is average or worse then everyone will point and laugh at taking a 28 year old that high. If Weeden is a real good QB then he should play for ~8 years in his prime, so no worries about age at that point really.

But all in all, Richardson is going to be a perennial pro bowler so it's hard to give a team that drafted one of the 3 or 4 elite players in this draft a bad grade. Only about 6 - 8 teams probably end up with elite players in this draft, and Cleveland is likely one of those teams.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just straight-up copypasta'd mine from the Bears forum:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Round 1- Shea McClellin (theoretically a LE)
Good motor, good pad level. Undersized for a 4-3 DE, especially on the left where we'll be playing him. Got pushed around by NFL-sized tackles in college. Very weak upper body. He's never going to get through a double team, but he won't have to while we have Peppers. What happens when Peppers is gone? I give it a D because he only fits the scheme as a situational pass rusher right now, and you can't spend first round pick on those. If he can put on 15 pounds of upper body muscle and can still move smoothly, I'll change the grade.

Round 2- Alshon Jeffery, WR
Great flanker when he's in shape, not so great when he's fat. Has Mike Williams-itis. Should be a nice possession target with YAC ability across from Marshall. Though I don't understand why we're playing Marshall, the prototypical flanker, at split end, anyway...? Grade of B, but only because of the weight issues.

Round 3- Brandon Hardin, SS
Giant college corner who actually moved like a corner. Borderline linebacker size. Workout warrior. I like him a lot more than most, but I see a lot of potential for him to be an excellent coverage strong safety. Injury issues are overblown. All breaks, with none to the neck, back, or foot, so who cares? As far as I know, breaking his shoulder once doesn't make him any more likely to break it in the future. Probably would have been there a round later, so it was a mild reach. I think he'll see the field in his first season in an under-fire audition with how bad Major Wright is against the pass. C+.

Round 4- Evan Rodriguez, TE, FB, H-back, somethingorother
Somewhere between a homeless man's and a poor man's Aaron Hernandez. Has some decent measureables, which I like. Has more than one thing on his criminal record...that's something I hate. Boom or bust, which is how I roll in the fourth round, myself. B-.

Rounds 5-7
Who cares? Eliminate these from the draft and let the special teams/depth fodder/project kids sign where they want.

Overall grade: C with the potential to be a failure of Millenesque proportion. You don't fix the worst line in the league with scheme changes and elimination of 7 step drops; you fix it with better players. What's the best case scenario right now? Firing Mike Martz takes us from 32nd to 26th or 25th? It's all fun and games until your QB storms into free agency in disgust or winds up on the PUP list. I hate having to watch the perennially-successful teams scoop up the linemen. A great example is the Steelers. They had the 25th ranked O line last season. They used their first two picks on the O line and got guys that other teams with worse front offices let fall. There's a reason they're always picking at the ass-end of the draft. Even worse are the Saints. #1 line in the league last season. They lose a single guard, so they restructure multiple guys to free up cap space to get a decent replacement to ensure Drew Brees' continued safety.

Disappointing choice by the Bears, to say the least. We've finally got a franchise QB. Let's keep him on his feet and healthy before he signs with someone who will in 2014.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Rounds 5-7
Who cares? Eliminate these from the draft and let the special teams/depth fodder/project kids sign where they want.
This is a terrible/disgusting/horrific idea!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
five of your first six picks were B+ or higher but your final grade was a B?
Do I really have to average it out? Does it matter that much? Really? You're that guy?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 04-29-2012 at 06:47 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas Cowboys

Morris Claiborne, CB
Tyrone Crawford, DE
Kyle Wilbur, DE
Matt Johnson, DB
Danny Coale, WR
James Hanna, TE
Caleb McSurley, LB

This draft shows the heavy influence Rob Ryan has on the Cowboys, Claiborne at corner will probably start, then back to back DEs. A good, young defense got younger. ESPN gives them a C-, I give them a B- b/c Claiborne will be an instant impact rookie & raises the grade by a letter. Grade would be higher if they had found a pure center, now they will throw that spot open to 3 converted OGs.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking at the Browns as a C+. Too many early picks used on reaches and prospects that have glaring issues next to the needs of the team.

Richardson (1st), JMJ (4th) and Smelley (7th) I thought were all A's. JMJ can be an instant starter on the weakside, and Smelley is avery versatile player for special teams and situational offensive plays. He has great hands too. Richardson goes without saying.

Wade (7th), Winn (6th), Acho (6th) and Schwartz (2nd) all get B's from me. Acho is much needed depth for a thin LB corps. Winn could end up being a big steal if he becomes more consistent. Wade gives the secondary depth and he's a well-rounded player. Picking guys this late that I can easily see make the roster is good... and reflects poorly on the current roster...

C's were given to Miller (5th), Benjamin (4th), and Weeden (1st). They're drafted at places of need, but I have a tough time seeing what they bring to the table at this point. Miller's a very tall guard who, while talented, is going to get beat underneath simply because of his size. Benjamin is pretty much the opposite of the receiver Cleveland needed. This really solidifies Little and Massaquoi as the two starting WR's, as the rest of the team is really only suited for the slot. Weeden... I'm kind of tired of the Weeden debate. He's an upgrade over McCoy, but two-three seasons from now you'll already be looking for a successor. Is Cleveland ready to contend in the next couple seasons? It's tough to say yes. That's pretty much Weeden's window. He needs to pan out immediately and have a massive impact.

Hughes (3rd) gets a D from me. He gives great effort and is good against the run, an area Cleveland has struggled with for a long time. But he's limited athletically, doesn't show a good first step as a rusher, and I really think he's going to be nothing more than a backup player. I really have a tough time even seeing him in the rotation. Taken in the 3rd round, there were better, much better prospects available.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
agreed, i would easily compare brockers to john henderson, quick to torry holt, janoris jenkins to nnamdi asomugha, pead to brandon jacobs, johnson to champ bailey, and givens to randy moss.

Quick is nothing like Holt. Quick is more like TO. He's 6'4 220 lbs
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

49ers: B grade, overall. Hit on all their needs, seemed to get quality players. I have a feeling that in future years this grade is more likely to go up than down, given Baalke's draft history so far. After every year, there are some "WTF picks" that have inevitably turned out to be very good selections. So we'll see.

1) AJ Jenkins, WR, Illinois-- Was totally off my radar screen heading into the draft. I thought receiver was a likely direction for the Niners in the 1st round, but I guess I thought that a bigger guy was more likely-- in particular, I was definitely on the Stephen Hill bandwagon. Examining the choice more closely, though, there's a lot to like with Jenkins. Statistically speaking, he led his team in receptions with 90 last season, and he did that with a mediocre QB and no other significant receiving threats on the roster (the player with the next most receptions had 26). Given his top end speed, strong hands, and smooth route running, Jenkins should be able to come in and contribute right away. If he's able to add a little bulk to his 6 foot frame, he could be a future No. 1 target.

2) LaMichael James, RB, Oregon-- James was my personal draft crush this year. Love the pick. I think he's been somewhat unfairly pigeonholed as a 3rd down back and possible return man. I think he has a chance to be that and more. I see him in the mold of a Chris Johnson type RB-- maybe not quite that fast, but I think he's got enough vision and is slippery enough to contribute on 1st and 2nd downs. And with the way the Niners like to run the fly sweep, I look for James to get a lot of use in the slot and be an absolute terror when the Niners hand the ball off to him. Frank Gore is still the man in SF, but with him starting to show signs of age, it's nice that the Niners have a pair of younger backs in Kendall Hunter and James to help shoulder the load.

4) Joe Looney, OG, Wake Forest-- Guard was a need for the Niners entering the draft, but I never thought it was very likely that it would be a position they'd look to draft in the first two days. Frankly, I just don't think there's necessarily that much of a difference between the kind of player you can get at the end of the first versus a player who can be found on day 3. So if the Niners weren't going to trade up for a blue-chipper like DeCastro, I figured they'd wait to address the need. Looney himself sounds like a good fit who slipped a bit due to a foot injury suffered prior to the draft. Good, strong player with top intangibles who needs to work on his pass protection technique. I expect him to come in and compete with last year's 5th round choice Dan Kilgore for the starting RG spot.

5) Darius Fleming, OLB, Notre Dame-- Depth at OLB was another need for the Niners heading into the draft. They made it through last season with just 3 players at the position, and luckily did not suffer any injuries there. Fleming has the chops to provide depth, contribute some situational pass rushing, and help out on special teams. A solid, if unspectacular pick.

6a) Trenton Robinson, FS, Michigan State-- Another need pick, the Niners entered the draft with basically three viable guys to play safety. Robinson could be a key backup and has the speed to contribute on special teams.

6b) Jason Slowey, C, Western Oregon-- An interesting developmental prospect at center. Slowey appears to have the physical measurables and mean streak required to play on the interior at the pro-level, but obviously his level of competition at Western Oregon was not very high. Will no doubt spend a year on the bench as the Niners look to develop him for the future.

7) Cam Johnson, OLB, Virginia-- A classic boom or bust choice in the 7th round, Johnson has the physical tools to thrive as a pass rusher in the NFL but did not play with a consistent enough motor at Virginia. As a seventh round selection, the potential downside for the Niners is very small. An excellent gamble.

Trades: The Niners essentially traded away their third round choice in this year's draft in order to pick up: 1) an extra 6th round pick this year, 2) an extra third, an extra 5th, and an extra 6th round choice next year, and 3) help move up their choice in the 4th round in order to select Looney. That's a lot of value extracted for just one pick and you've got to think the extra selections next year should give the Niners a lot of flexibility in that draft.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

13. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame - A

While I wanted a OT in the 1st Whis & Graves stuck to their board as usual and took BPA. Floyd can be a top 10-15 WR in the league in a few years opposite of Fitz.

80. Jamell Fleming, CB, Oklahoma - A-

At 1st I hated the pick, Bobby Massie was by far BPA to me and filled our biggest need but once we selected him in the 4th I felt much happier. Fleming is a steal in his own right and should be starter opposite of PP later in the season

112. Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss - A+

Simply love Massie now after watching film vs LSU and Bama should start at RT for us from day 1 and quite frankly I think we would be better off with him at LT and moving Brown to RT. Massie excels in pass blocking and uses his length well vs speed rushers. He fell to the point that you start to wonder what's wrong with him but I haven't found it and am ecstatic we got him this late or at all.

151. Senio Kelemete, OG, Washington - A-

Another value pick for AZ and once again filling a position of need, it will be interesting to see if newly acquired OL Synder will be able to hold off Kelemete through the offseason. While his best position in LG he has the strength and ability to run block for days which leads me to believe he could start sooner than later.

177. Justin Bethel, S, Presbyterian - B+

Hadn't seen much of him going into the draft and even now I can only judge his play from a few highlights but I love his personality/character. He is a special teams ace and should start opposite of PP on FG blocks(had 9 in his career) and give us a guy to block punts while PP returns them. Long term project at safety but with the necessary traits to be a starter 1 day. Also he is only 2nd to Adrian Wilson in the muscles contest.

185. Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego State - C+

I was a huge fan of Lindley following last season, even considered him a 1st round QB, but his play fell off this season. A lot of that can be attributed to losing his 2 best WRs and having another new OC(3rd in 4 years). But his technique is obviously flawed in some way which leads to inconsistent passes, will go from a Cam Cam Cannon to a Leinart Lob in 1 play. Would grade him higher but I didn't think this was a need and OLB would of been nice here.

221. Nate Potter, OT, Boise State - B-

Was thought of as a ZBS only LT which is why I believe he fell but his frame can potentially pack on some muscle and no one is better than John Lott at achieving those goals. Could potentially be an average starter down the road and gives us O-Line depth which we have never had.

-

Overall: B+

Would be an easy A in my mind had we just selected a OLB in the last 2 picks, but Whis/Horton love Acho and Schofield and Haggans is a solid rotational OLB need to bring in another vet for depth though

Last edited by fenikz : 04-29-2012 at 07:40 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
five of your first six picks were B+ or higher but your final grade was a B?
Simpson's Paradox.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grading the player & grading the draft are different, may not have addressed a need you thought you should

Old 04-29-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Bengals

1a. CB Dre Kirkpatrick
1b. OG Kevin Zeitler
2. DT Devon Still
3a. WR Mohamad Sanu
3b. DT Brandon Thompson
4. TE Orson Charles
5a. CB Shaun Prater
5b. WR Marvin Jones
5c. S George Iloka
6. RB Dan "Boom" Herron

It is hard not to give the Bengals a A at this point got a lot of great value picks in the later rounds and filled some needs on top of that.
It's hard to not give them an A+.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs did everything I wanted them to do and they did it very well. They got Planet Theory guys with strong character and perfect scheme fits in the first three rounds.

They got the do-all backup runningback I said they needed behind Charles, Hillis, and McCluster. Much-needed with Charles & Hillis coming off of injuries.

They added two receivers, which I'd hoped they would. It really doesn't have anything to do with them re-signing anyone...the guys they had behind Breaston, Baldwin, and Bowe ******* sucked. Wylie is the immediate #4 WR on the depth chart and will fit in well and adapt quickly coming from Pat Hill's offense. Hemingway is a nice project. Physically, he's that Dwayne Bowe/Anquan Boldin type and he's got real nice athleticism. His stock and development was hindered by playing for a spread option rushing attack at Michigan (which also means he should already be a strong run blocker and probably a nice contributor in special teams while he develops).

Don't know much about Long, but I was hoping they'd at least try to sneak a 5-tech into this draft class and they did. Seems like a guy with potential to develop and maybe even push for a roster spot.

Menzie is the perfect depth player in the secondary for the Chiefs with Berry coming back and the addition of McCarthy at S. Menzie should fit in really well with the group they have.

I give the Chiefs an easy A and it might have been the best or at least most effective draft haul for the 2012 Draft.

People talk about the QB, but there was no one in this draft class that they were going to draft. There were two guys I, and I am pretty sure the Chiefs' coaches and front office, liked more than Stanzi and they went #1 & #2. That was like when people were talking about them drafting Bulaga #5.

Last edited by nepg : 04-29-2012 at 07:24 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans Draft-

(1st round) Kendall Wright- I watched 4 tapes on him and his smoothness and explosion is just phenomenal. Can stop on a dime and really dangerous in space. Obviously a very good deep threat and really can just eat a cushion up. My only worry is how he will deal with press coverage... but I think he is so quick off the line that few people are going to be able to stay with him. Our offense will be interesting with him and Kenny on the field together and I think he is just a perfect fit at WR for Jake Locker. Losing out on DeCastro still hurts though.

Grade- B or B+

(2nd round) Zach Brown-He is a linebacker with a very finesse game. not a big hitter and just not to much strength in the way he plays. That is the bad. The good is that he can blitz like no ones business. His speed and quickness translates to the field, he has good technique, he can cover he doesn't play himself out of position, and he does not whiff on very many tackles. I think he has a safety skill set in a linebackers body...which in today's NFL, might be a very good thing. The Titans have the prototype on how you want your 4-3 linebackers to look. It will be interesting to see how new Earth, Wind, and Fire LB core looks with Akeem Ayers, Zach Brown, and Colin McCarthy.

Grade- B

(3rd round) Mike Martin- I think his run stuffing is a little overrated and his pass rushing is vastly underrated. He doesn't move as well latterly as you would like for a run stopping DT. However he can penetrate and smash through a double team like no ones business. He plays very well in tunnel and flashes good instincts. He isn't the greatest in pursuit of a QB but he can take away their pocket. He has the ability to force plays which way he wants them to go. I like the way he can compliment Jurrell Casey and especially Karl Klug.

Grade-B+

(4th Round) Coty Sensabaugh- A player I already new a little bit about before hand. He is similar to Tracy Porter in ways but he is going to need a lot more experience before he reaches that level. A one year starter and a leader with a very sad back story of losing his brother and fighting for a spot on the Clemson roster. Has all the talent and speed (4.37) in the world but is going to have to be developed.

Grade- C+

(5th round)- Taylor Thompson-TE- a 6-6 260 pound freak with 4.58 speed. Converted from DE and will play TE in the NFL. The speed and athleticism is supposed to translate, along with a set of what is said to be good hands. The Titans moved up to get him, but he is going to be super raw coming into camp. Smart, tough and loyal. Mike Munchak quoted saying "he will not fail". Seems to be a very interesting developmental pick.

Grade- C or C+

(6th Round) Markelle Martin- He has a great chance to make the team. A great sound tackler that can deliver a pop and has good instincts against the run. He also has good speed and can close in a hurry. The bad is pretty much everything having to do with coverage. Andrew Luck took him to town with pump fakes, as did pretty much every other QB I saw him play against. Just gets fooled in the passing game way to easily. He does do pretty decent in man when he is shadowing, I just don't trust him at all in deep zone. He will make this team because he is instinctive in the box and has starting potential....he needs some work though. Should at least be a good special teams guy with his tackling and run instincts.

Grade- B

(7th Round) Scott Solomon- The Titans traded next years 6th to get into the 7th to take this guy. I saw the spin move, I saw the dip, I saw the rip, I saw the bull rush. Dude is strong as they come out of college at DE. He is quick and has a great motor... the typical white DE. The knock on him will be speed. He ran a 5.0 at the combine and felt good enough about it that he decided to stand on that number at his pro day. I love his personality and we are very thin at DE. I would expect he has a great chance to make this team.

Grade- B+

I wouldn't be surprised to see all of this class to make the final 53. Kendall, Zach, and Mike are locks. Coty and Taylor only have to beat out 2 **** players. Scott and Markelle are on the team because we are paper thin at DE and Safety. This is a very fast and talented class. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we should really do a thread for each team and have outsiders rate your teams draft, because so far a lot of people are overly optimistic.

It's funny, 4 days if someone had made a mock with some of the players a team took a fan would go crazy, but now since its reality it's all of a sudden their homeboy.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Do I really have to average it out? Does it matter that much? Really? You're that guy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Simpson's Paradox.
no, it just seems that you were really high on most of the picks for players that will actually make the roster yet gave the team more or less an average rating at the end

and just to be clear, i think any draft grade that you end up giving will be fundamentally stupid because you are grading a draft of players who haven't even seen each other naked in the locker room yet

Last edited by robert pancake gallery : 04-29-2012 at 09:30 PM.
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
we should really do a thread for each team and have outsiders rate your teams draft, because so far a lot of people are overly optimistic.

It's funny, 4 days if someone had made a mock with some of the players a team took a fan would go crazy, but now since its reality it's all of a sudden their homeboy.
It's the acceptance stage of the post-draft process. Everyone is optimistic about how awesome the additions to their team are!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
It's the acceptance stage of the post-draft process. Everyone is optimistic about how awesome the additions to their team are!
Yeah I think each team has one of those guys every year. I'm pretty happy with six of our eight picks and I'm indifferent on the other two.

The last two years there were some picks I hated and still hate but there have been the prospects I made a snap judgment on and came around.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no, it just seems that you were really high on most of the picks for players that will actually make the roster yet gave the team more or less an average rating at the end

and just to be clear, i think any draft grade that you end up giving will be fundamentally stupid because you are grading a draft of players who haven't even seen each other naked in the locker room yet
Then why are you even posting in this thread...
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I honestly wouldn't mind that, i love reading draft grades for all the various teams. I know there was a poster last year who did team by team draft grades. He stopped after a while i think but they were well-written and unbiased. I think it was MI_Buckeye or something like that. Those were solid posts. I don't know if he posts here anymore.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

like vidae and splat said.I give KC's draft a B.not sexy by any means but we did a solid job building depth through the draft
Old 04-30-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:

I generally rate the other NFC West team's drafts but the backlash I would get from 9ers and Seahawks fans wouldn't be worth it

Old 04-30-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the chiefs late round selections on Cyrus Gray and Junior Hemingway
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dontari Poe A+++++
Hall of Famer 2029 class!

Jeff Allen A+++
Next (insert awesome guard that's not really awesome, just kinda good, but it's a guard so uh w/e name here)

Donald Stephenson A+++
Super Bowl MVP 2014

Devon Wylie AAAAAA
omgwtfbbq Next Wes Welker achievement unlocked!

DeQuan Menzie A++
Next Rodney Harrison

Cyrus Gray A+
What a steal!

Jerome Long A
SLEEPER O WOW

Junior Hemingway O
O Grade because he straight owns!