Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-26-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Hahaha I know, Im soooo frustrated. Wish I felt as good about things as you do but Ive seen this to many times
Now you know how I feel about Romo.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Now you know how I feel about Romo.
Atleast he wins some of the time. Jerry is a loser as a GM

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That tells me that the 49ers made a mistake in taking Reid over Elam.

I'm not too thrilled about taking a SS in Round 1. A FS? Hell yes. A SS, no thanks.

My top target today will be David Amerson. Yup. Many have talked about him being a better fit at Safety in the NFL and I tend to agree. His zone instincts are amazing and he proved that he was plenty fast at the combine. Give me that kind of ballhawking in the deep secondary. I would love to see "Amerson" on the back of a Cowboys jersey.
Wheres your list?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 04-26-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand all the flack the Frederick pick has been getting, because he's exactly the type of player I want to anchor our OL. I know most of you guys are college FB fans, so you know as well as I do that this guy has been one of the meanest road-graders in the country the past couple seasons. Love what he's gonna bring to this team.

We have some flexibility today but I hope we do more to upgrade the ground game. I'd said from Day 1 this off-season that we need to address that in order to take the next step, and we're off to a good start. I have my eye on Brian Winters, let's build a nasty, tough group up front.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 04-26-2013 at 05:10 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OK, they will be "potentially" a disaster area. Guess what? OL was ALREADY a disaster area.

So tell me where Ratliff and Hatcher fall short of accomplishing in this new defense.

Who was the guy you thought we should've taken at 31?
Well, for me, Fredrick was a huge reach in round 1 to begin with, I have always thought that if either Warmack or Cooper weren't available then RT was a more serious problem than OG for the Cowboys if we are talking OL.
If talents like Warmack or Cooper were available, then I thought the Cowboys should grab one but Fredrick is a totally different story.

Kiffin's DL players are unique, they are asked to attack the QB on every play even if it means selling out the run defense and they attack between the blockers rather than taking them on directly and try to win with speed.
I have some serious doubts about Hatcher and Ratliff's ability to play that way, not saying they can't but it is something I'll need to see in a game before I'd give my blessings to their performance.

I haven't had the time to analize the late 1st, 2nd round choices that were available, but then again, maybe if I want a certain prospect, I trade down to where I can get value plus the extra pick, just don't see Fredrick accomplishing this. Of course, it is just my opinion, as always, the actual results are seen on the playing field.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I don't understand all the flack the Frederick pick has been getting, because he's exactly the type of player I want to anchor our OL. I know most of you guys are college FB fans, so you know as well as I do that this guy has been one of the meanest road-graders in the country the past couple seasons. Love what he's gonna bring to this team.

We have some flexibility today but I hope we do more to upgrade the ground game. I have my eye on Brian Winters.
Go back and read, its not the player its the value. He wasnt worthy of the 31st pick IMO and could have gotten a better player and probably/possibly gotten him or the same kind of guy at 47

Old 04-26-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wheres your list?
Round 2
David Amerson, NC State - Won me over with his ballhawking skills; can convert to FS
DJ Swearinger, South Carolina - Personal favorite throughout the year; bias for sure
Johnathan Cyprien, FIU - Best SS available
Menelik Watson, Florida - Highest rated RT
Tank Carradine, FSU - BPA
Keenan Allen, California - My #1 WR
Terron Armstead, Arkansas Pine-Bluff - I really don't want Free around
Kevin Minter, LSU - LB depth has hurt us more than our DL depth
Arthur Brown, Kansas State - See above
Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State - If we're copying what Seattle did last year then he fits like a glove
Kawann Short, Purdue - Same body type as Warren Sapp & Geno Atkins; call me a fan
Brandon Williams, Missouri Southern State - Big Big fan of him; but mostly potential
Eddie Lacy, Alabama - Can't hate the value here
Dallas Thomas, Tennessee - Been a fan all year long
Da’Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech - HUGE HUGE fan of Rogers.
Johnathan Franklin, UCLA - Honest value
Reid Fragel, Ohio State - Best RT available imo, but that's not shared in draft circles
Robert Woods, USC - Will probably be gone
Sam Montgomery, LSU - Potential replacement for Spencer
Manti Te’o, Notre Dame - If he's there we have to think twice
Jesse Williams, Alabama - fire hydrant
Justin Hunter, Tennessee - Frustrating WR

Round 3
Earl Wolff, NC State - I think I'm his biggest fan.
Tyrann Mathieu, LSU - Would be a killer nickel corner!
Bacarri Rambo, Georgia - Can see him having a long NFL career
Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina - Hopefully we steal him with our 2nd 3rd rounder
Quanterus Smith, Western Kentucky - High upside
Corey Lemonier, Auburn - Needs to be motivated, but can be a monster
Alvin Bailey, Aransas - LOVE how he graded at the combine
Brian Winters, Kent State - Cowboys seem to be locked in on him
Hugh Thornton, Illinois - PERSONAL FAVORITE
Larry Warford, Kentucky - Mixed feelings about this guy
Sanders Commings, Georgia Tech - I like him as a Safety
Phillip Thomas, Fresno State - Would start for us
John Jenkins, Georgia - Big body would be a nice depth add
Alex Okafor, Texas - Some potential there
Margus Hunt, SMU - Don't want to invest too much in him
Khaseem Greene, Rutgers - Will outplay his draft stock
Cornelius Washington, Georgia - Dangerous and raw
Sean Porter, Texas A&M - He's pretty slick
Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State - Needs to be developed
Travis Kelce, Cincinnati - These TEs are all bunched up
Zach Ertz, Stanford - These TEs are all bunched up
Gavin Escobar, San Diego State - These TEs are all bunched up
David Quessenberry, San Jose State - Depth guy
David Bakhtiari, Colorado - Depth guy
Jordan Hill, Penn State - Promising player
Old 04-26-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to D-Unit again.

Awesome! Thanks!

Ill prepare for Montee Ball ;-/

Old 04-26-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Well, for me, Fredrick was a huge reach in round 1 to begin with, I have always thought that if either Warmack or Cooper weren't available then RT was a more serious problem than OG for the Cowboys if we are talking OL.
If talents like Warmack or Cooper were available, then I thought the Cowboys should grab one but Fredrick is a totally different story.

Kiffin's DL players are unique, they are asked to attack the QB on every play even if it means selling out the run defense and they attack between the blockers rather than taking them on directly and try to win with speed.
I have some serious doubts about Hatcher and Ratliff's ability to play that way, not saying they can't but it is something I'll need to see in a game before I'd give my blessings to their performance.

I haven't had the time to analize the late 1st, 2nd round choices that were available, but then again, maybe if I want a certain prospect, I trade down to where I can get value plus the extra pick, just don't see Fredrick accomplishing this. Of course, it is just my opinion, as always, the actual results are seen on the playing field.
I'd feel better about your opinion if you could identify where Hatcher and Ratliff fall short of being able to work for Kiffin. But it looks like you don't even know. Sure, we all will know once we see it. Sounds like maybe you're exaggerating your case that they won't work.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to D-Unit again.

Awesome! Thanks!
It's just a personal list. I'll have fun tracking it throughout the draft.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol Elam and Cyprien in a few picks. Cowboys swing and miss again. But the puppets rejoice with their 3/4th round center! Yay
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
Lol Elam and Cyprien in a few picks. Cowboys swing and miss again. But the puppets rejoice with their 3/4th round center! Yay
What if they land Phillip Thomas at some point???

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention all the analyst talking about Cypriens ability to cover the entire back half despite the insistence from the puppets that he's a "box safety with no speed"

Fingers crossed for Swearinger. After that I wouldn't touch a safety until the 4th round.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
What if they land Phillip Thomas at some point???
Not a Philip Thomas fan. Plays smaller than listed, got toasted against Oregon which is the only legit team he played.

Avg vs run, avg vs pass. Inflated int numbers are the only reason he's risen on boards.

I'd take Rambo or Duke Williams instead. Just my opinion.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Short list at 47 -- Lacy, Bernard, Swearinger, Short, Woods, Allen, Winters, Warford
Old 04-26-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Cyprien was my #1 SS. I liked him better than Vacarro. If I was in the room, I would take Cyprien over Frederick. All I'm saying is their pick made sense. We needed interior OL help badly.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Cyprien was my #1 SS. I liked him better than Vacarro. If I was in the room, I would take Cyprien over Frederick. All I'm saying is their pick made sense. We needed interior OL help badly.
He's not a SS. He's interchangeable and closer to a FS. SS complete misnomer because he laid some big hits. Watch how Jax uses him.

Again, pick did not make sense to me because I believe you could of had Cyprien and Frederick. If they really had Frederick rated that high (22) on their board, why didnt they take him at 18?

Why did they take a chance he would still be there at 31?

And if you're afraid he won't make it to 47, why not trade up in the 2nd to get him.

Poor strategy from the Cowboys. Extremely poor execution.

Edit: not disputing they needed OL help. Not disputing Frederick's talent.

Disputing execution, strategy, and pointing out obvious lies from the Cowboys. If he was 22 on your board and was that important to you, why not take at 18? Why wait till 31?

They got caught with their pants down and choked.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's not a SS. He's interchangeable and closer to a FS. SS complete misnomer because he laid some big hits. Watch how Jax uses him.

Again, pick did not make sense to me because I believe you could of had Cyprien and Frederick. If they really had Frederick rated that high (22) on their board, why didnt they take him at 18?

And if you're afraid he won't make it to 47, why not trade up in the 2nd to get him.

Everyone is aware you don't like the pick. Can you find something else to complain about?
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

But where does Cyprien separate himself from the other Safeties? It's hard to tell. I went in today hoping for Swearinger more than Cyprien. His passion won me over. It's infectious.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
But where does Cyprien separate himself from the other Safeties? It's hard to tell. I went in today hoping for Swearinger more than Cyprien. His passion won me over. It's infectious.
I would be extremely pleased with Swearinger. Another interchangeable guy. I can only hope they pick him at 47.

Bracing myself for him to be on the board and we draft a tier-2 TE or something ridiculous.

Maybe a 4th round running back? I could see Jerry popping wood for Kniles Davis. We shall see.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahah @ "No".

Drewy is hilarious.

I'm loving the pick...less than thrilled about the trade back...but I'm not upset at round 1 at all.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

So far my wish list is relatively going ok...

David Amerson, NC State
DJ Swearinger, South Carolina
Johnathan Cyprien, FIU
Menelik Watson, Florida
Tank Carradine, FSU
Keenan Allen, California
Terron Armstead, Arkansas Pine-Bluff
Kevin Minter, LSU
Arthur Brown, Kansas State
Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State
Kawann Short, Purdue
Brandon Williams, Missouri Southern State
Eddie Lacy, Alabama
Dallas Thomas, Tennessee
Da’Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech
Johnathan Franklin, UCLA
Reid Fragel, Ohio State
Robert Woods, USC
Sam Montgomery, LSU
Manti Te’o, Notre Dame
Jesse Williams, Alabama
Justin Hunter, Tennessee
Old 04-26-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So far my wish list is relatively going ok...

David Amerson, NC State
DJ Swearinger, South Carolina
Johnathan Cyprien, FIU
Menelik Watson, Florida
Tank Carradine, FSU
Keenan Allen, California
Terron Armstead, Arkansas Pine-Bluff
Kevin Minter, LSU
Arthur Brown, Kansas State
Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State
Kawann Short, Purdue
Brandon Williams, Missouri Southern State
Eddie Lacy, Alabama
Dallas Thomas, Tennessee
Da’Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech
Johnathan Franklin, UCLA
Reid Fragel, Ohio State
Robert Woods, USC
Sam Montgomery, LSU
Manti Te’o, Notre Dame
Jesse Williams, Alabama
Justin Hunter, Tennessee

Bolded picks that would make me really happy.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

There goes Tank. Niners starting to flex their muscles.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
hahah @ "No".

Drewy is hilarious.

I'm loving the pick...less than thrilled about the trade back...but I'm not upset at round 1 at all.
im not im still pissed, bet no g/c goes before 47
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote