Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-04-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Miami has obviously produced some great pros (or at least they used to) but half the players on that Miami list absolutely suck, or are barely rosterable players.

It's hard to give Miami credit for "producing" solid pros lately because even though some of them turned out to be solid pros, they it's only because of the coaching they got once in the NFL. They were raw as a turnip leaving Miami and the program did absolutely nothing to develope these players.
this is a very valid point, miami gets some of the best recruits and are under utilized or outperformed there. nfl teams love to take risk on late round miami guys cuz they have so much talent, just needs coached up
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Corey Webster is from LSU and he's a boss. Top 5 CB in the league.
I don't get how he's still under-rated. When it was just the superbowl run, that was one thing, one it had been just the superbowl run and one season of great play, that was another, but it's been ******* years of elite play and people still forget about him.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Judging by that list, LSU is best at producing WRs and DBs. Most of the pro talent from their seems to play those two positions while the busts play other positions. I think it's due to the intensity of the SEC at those positions.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
lol you're funny

Webster is awesome.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol you're funny
Name 5 better or

Old 05-04-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Flowers!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fans spend way too much time judging prospects based on which school they're from. Players are individuals. School is only a part of the puzzle. Look around the NFL. Many successful NFL players come from schools that have little to no correlation with the individual players NFL success. Take the Giants for example. How many good QBs are there from Ole Miss other than Eli? How many good WRs from UMASS other than Cruz? Good pass rushers from South Florida other than Pierre Paul? There's more to a prospect than the school he went to. A lot more.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Name 5 better or
Off the top of my head:

Darrelle Revis
Champ Bailey
Nnamdi Asomaugh (he did have a very bad year though)
Jonathan Joseph
Cortland Finnegan

excluded Woodson and Leon Hall

Websters a good CB, but he benefits from the D-Line in front of him. He isn't nearly as good as the 5 I listed, whether stats say so or not. He's probably top 10, but top 5 he is not
Old 05-04-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Off the top of my head:

Darrelle Revis
Champ Bailey
Jonathan Joseph
Cortland Finnegan

Websters a good CB, but he benefits from the D-Line in front of him. He isn't nearly as good as the 5 I listed, whether stats say so or not. He's probably top 10, but top 5 he is not
Champ Bailey is so overrated it's not even funny, he was good 3 years ago but is not a top 8 CB anymore. Cortland Finnegan is another overrated CB and a punk, dude is maybe number 10. I am guessing you are a Titans fan. O and Nnamdi had an awful year.

Top 5 CBs:
1. Revis
2. Webb
3. Joseph
4. Rogers
5. Webster

Old 05-04-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Miami > Alabama at making pros deal with it.

You'd have a great point if it wasn't so horribly inaccurate.

Also, Miami wouldn't have a football program if it weren't for an Alabama guy to begin with.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Off the top of my head:

Darrelle Revis
Champ Bailey
Jonathan Joseph
Cortland Finnegan

Champ was top 5...3 years ago at best. He's not what he used to be. Still good, but not top 5. Finnegan is not top 5 at all. And Nmandi is not top 5 until he can bounce back from the awful year he had last year. Woodson is old and washed up, he might move to safety. Hall is legit, I have Hall in my top 5 but I'm concerned about his injury.

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Jonathan Joseph
3. Joe Haden
4. Corey Webster
5. Leon Hall
Old 05-05-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Champ was top 5...3 years ago at best. He's not what he used to be. Still good, but not top 5. Finnegan is not top 5 at all. And Nmandi is not top 5 until he can bounce back from the awful year he had last year. Woodson is old and washed up, he might move to safety. Hall is legit, I have Hall in my top 5 but I'm concerned about his injury.

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Jonathan Joseph
3. Joe Haden
4. Corey Webster
5. Leon Hall
I dunno about that, I think he may need to move to safety, and he has been a glorified nickel type guy, but the man lead the league in interceptions last year.

In terms of last years production (as you are judging Nnamdi on), he was one of the better CBs in the league last year even if it was out of the slot.

Just my two cents. Not saying Webster isn't good or where he places in overall CBs

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Jonathan Joseph
3. Joe Haden
4. Corey Webster
5. Leon Hall
Haden is not top 5.....yet. Carlos Rogers and Lardarius Webb both looked better than him too.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
I dunno about that, I think he may need to move to safety, and he has been a glorified nickel type guy, but the man lead the league in interceptions last year.

In terms of last years production (as you are judging Nnamdi on), he was one of the better CBs in the league last year even if it was out of the slot.

Just my two cents. Not saying Webster isn't good or where he places in overall CBs
The nickel CB in your scheme is more of a blitzer/underneath zone cover guy than a true CB. Woodson moves around a lot and does a lot of things on defense.

As a pure cover corner, he's definitely lost a step. Interceptions are only part of the story. He's just not a top 5 cover guy anymore.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Haden is not top 5.....yet. Carlos Rogers and Lardarius Webb both looked better than him too.
Haden is lights out. I know he's young, but in 2 years he's been amazing. He shouldn't be punished for being young.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The nickel CB in your scheme is more of a blitzer/underneath zone cover guy than a true CB. Woodson moves around a lot and does a lot of things on defense.

As a pure cover corner, he's definitely lost a step. Interceptions are only part of the story. He's just not a top 5 cover guy anymore.
I just want to make sure we know I'm a Ravens fan here :P

Our Nickels do blitz and I know the Packers use a similar scheme (nickel blitzes) so I didn't know which you were referring to.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 05-05-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
I just want to make sure we know I'm a Ravens fan here :P

Our Nickels do blitz and I know the Packers use a similar scheme (nickel blitzes) so I didn't know which you were referring to.
Oh, I was referring to the Packers. Woodson is almost like a pseudo linebacker in their scheme.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh, I was referring to the Packers. Woodson is almost like a pseudo linebacker in their scheme.
I tend to agree, he is indeed an overrated Nickel guy, but if you punish Nnamdi for his production last year, you also have to give props to a guy who, in terms of production, was very good.

I only say this because I am actually wrestling with myself over my top 10 CB list (SWDC top 100 thread). In terms of last years production, he might be the best CB in the league, but I just don't know if I can put him there.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 05-05-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets not trivialize what Woodson does. He's not a shutdown cover corner, but there aren't many guys who could get 7 INTs, 17 PDs, 2 sacks, and 74 tackles as a hybrid defender. "Overrated" and "washed up" is a blatant exaggeration; and if the league were filled with guys who could do what Woodson does, then we'd see a lot more guys doing what Woodson does.

This is also incredibly unnecessary hyperbole if we're just trying to make a case for Webster being a quality CB. People know how good he is.

Last edited by WCH : 05-05-2012 at 03:25 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I don't get how he's still under-rated. When it was just the superbowl run, that was one thing, one it had been just the superbowl run and one season of great play, that was another, but it's been ******* years of elite play and people still forget about him.
Webster is a piece of defecated matter as a player, one of the dirtiest guys out there, in college at LSU a swell as in the NFL -- he cheats a lot. Remember when he pushed the Bama WR down in the EZ, both hands, to get the INT? No flag, he was at home, & after all it was SEC officiating. SEC Commiosh said it should have been flagged, but he stole the TD.

As he's aged he tends to grabs receivers, but I'll admit he's good at man coverage, hand-fighting for the jump ball, & acting (like it wasn't him when he draws the flags). Why he is overrated is beyond me. F*cking hate him.

Best LSU player in the NFL now is CB & RS Patrick Peterson for Zona, here's his 2011 accolades:

Most punt return yards by a rookie in a season: 699 (2011)
Most punt returns in a season for touchdown (tied): 4 (2011)
Longest game-winning punt return touchdown in overtime: 99 yards (2011)
NFL Player of the Month (2011)
2x NFL Player of the Week (2011)
Pro Bowl (2011)

Last edited by jojo : 05-05-2012 at 12:45 PM.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Champ Bailey is so overrated it's not even funny, he was good 3 years ago but is not a top 8 CB anymore. Cortland Finnegan is another overrated CB and a punk, dude is maybe number 10. I am guessing you are a Titans fan. O and Nnamdi had an awful year.

Top 5 CBs:
1. Revis
2. Webb
3. Joseph
4. Rogers
5. Webster
Quick hint: If you're a fan of the team a player is on and you rate a guy as the #5 player at his position, he's not in the top 5
Old 05-05-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woodson is not a top 5 cornerback, or even a top 10 cornerback. He doesnt even play as a cornerback half the time.

He's a top 5 defensive playmaker though.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Top 5 CBs:
1. Revis
2. Webb
3. Joseph
4. Rogers
5. Webster
Did you guess this all by yourself? Can't believe you could break the code of my username. Cortland Finnegan is one of the most underrated CB;s in the NFL based on the fact that everyone thinks he's overrated. He's top 5, if he has a d-line like the Giants he'd be talked about all the time.

How many titans games do you watch? I'm guessing not many, and if you say a lot I know you're lying.

Face it, Webster isn't a top 5 CB. You can argue about my list all you want, but anyway you split it Webster isn't top 5
Old 05-05-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think having Cortland Finnegan as a top 5 CB is hilarious. He's not even top 10.

But then again you also think the Titans have the best offensive line in the history of football so I'm not shocked.