Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinals OTA
Old 05-22-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Davis | Alex Boone | Jonathan Goodwin | Alex Smith | Mike Iupati | Joe Staley

Randy Moss

Randy Moss
Old 05-22-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not like idea of Boone at RG. He is a OT through and through. I have never really questioned Jimbaugh on personel but I question this. He isnt built to handle the interior. Just look at him next to Davis....he looks like a damn TE compared to him.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I do not like idea of Boone at RG. He is a OT through and through. I have never really questioned Jimbaugh on personel but I question this. He isnt built to handle the interior. Just look at him next to Davis....he looks like a damn TE compared to him.
that was the first thing that popped to mind when i looked at that particular picture, as well. suppose he'll still do better than Chilo Rachal?
Old 05-22-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMyJob View Post
that was the first thing that popped to mind when i looked at that particular picture, as well. suppose he'll still do better than Chilo Rachal?
Well Synder was the starter there most of the season last year. And he provided ZERO push in the run game and could not anchor to save his life.....reasons why he wasnt re-signed, IMO. I just see Boone at RG as a younger, more athletic version of that same scenerio.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 05-22-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Boone at RG looks pretty comical. Nothing to do with him as a player as I don't really know how he's done since he got into the NFL, but he just looks so out of place haha.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers looking vrry good . I hope it is s great seqson or else Smith better be gone .
Old 05-22-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boone has a really, really good knee bend for his height. He lost a TON of weight and would now be asked to put some back on.

My opinion is that he holds down RG until Joe Looney is ready. He has been mirroring the #1 reps.

Boone will be the swing tackle, and play a ton of "Jumbo" snaps. Looney will be RG, and Kilgore will backup at Center until Goodwin is gone.

But one thing I trust is that Harbaugh will put the best players on the field. So if Boone is looking best at RG, that's where he'll be.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Here's a spotlight on Boone at RG. Can't believe how much he's transformed himself from the fat drunk that went undrafted.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/v...e-6437c09bf4b3
Old 05-22-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boone doesn't look like a G, more like a TE. Shiieeett, Davis looks more like a guard.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Boone doesn't look like a G, more like a TE. Shiieeett, Davis looks more like a guard.
I don't care what any of them look like. I care what they play like.

It's funny that we look at a 6'8" 310lb guy and say "he looks small."

If he stays at guard he says he'd like to be 325.

Last edited by phlysac : 05-22-2012 at 09:58 PM.
phlysac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Boone has a really, really good knee bend for his height. He lost a TON of weight and would now be asked to put some back on.

My opinion is that he holds down RG until Joe Looney is ready. He has been mirroring the #1 reps.

Boone will be the swing tackle, and play a ton of "Jumbo" snaps. Looney will be RG, and Kilgore will backup at Center until Goodwin is gone.

But one thing I trust is that Harbaugh will put the best players on the field. So if Boone is looking best at RG, that's where he'll be.
I dont care how good his kneee bend is, its about functional strength and his base. Point blank, there isnt alot of 6'8 OG for a reason. You will lose the leverage battle more times than not, no matter how well you can bend. 6'1 - 6'3, 300+ pound DTs will get up under his pads and put him on skates. I understand Jimbaugh's whole stance about the 5 best o-lineman will start but c'mon, physics exist for a reason. Its OTAs so I wont ***** about it any further but if he's still the starter after TC, 325 lbs or not, I think we're in trouble.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 05-24-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just an old guy with neck problems.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Michael Crabtree

Mario Manningham

Brandon Jacobs

Tarell Brown

Chris Culliver

Donte Whitner

Randy Moss and Vernon Davis

Josh Johnson | Michael Crabtree | Vernon Davis | Mario Manningham | Randy Moss
Old 05-24-2012, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see Brandon Jacobs with a jersey number in the 40s.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:18 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

Randy Moss
That'll be the last time you see Randy Moss going over the middle and catching something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Why are the skins practicing in a blimp?

Last edited by descendency : 05-24-2012 at 05:21 AM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:15 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the 49ers had just a slightly better QB IMO they would be a stone cold lock for the SB. They still are one of the NFC favorites, but when you look at their roster, SF has good to elite talent at almost every position in their starting 22, except at QB.

You put Steve Young on this team and it would be murder.

We're going to see a live case study this season whether or not a game manager can win a championship with elite talent around him.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put Steve Young on a third of the teams in the league and it'd be murder.
...I agree with the 49ers assessment though. That's a stacked roster.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
They are working on their air game.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
They are working on their air game.
because its been raining all week...
Old 05-24-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
It's a rigged air ship

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
If the 49ers had just a slightly better QB IMO they would be a stone cold lock for the SB. They still are one of the NFC favorites, but when you look at their roster, SF has good to elite talent at almost every position in their starting 22, except at QB.

You put Steve Young on this team and it would be murder.

We're going to see a live case study this season whether or not a game manager can win a championship with elite talent around him.
Meh, Alex was a quarter away from a SB, having really only two legitmate receiving targets and a bunch of pratice squad guys on the outside. All we need is to improve in the red zone and on third downs and the rest will work itself out. I have no doubt the red zone numbers will improve because Alex over last few years has been one of the best QBs in that area up until last year so he has shown ability in that part of the field. 3rd down was as much a personel and coaching problem as it was a QB problem so hopefully we're on the right track with that.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh, Alex was a quarter away from a SB, having really only two legitmate receiving targets and a bunch of pratice squad guys on the outside. All we need is to improve in the red zone and on third downs and the rest will work itself out. I have no doubt the red zone numbers will improve because Alex over last few years has been one of the best QBs in that area up until last year so he has shown ability in that part of the field. 3rd down was as much a personel and coaching problem as it was a QB problem so hopefully we're on the right track with that.
I don't know if your new targets will necessarily improve your redzone scoring. I think it will lead to more points bc you grabbed a bunch of explosive playmakers, but none of them other than maybe Moss are legitimate redzone threats in a shorter field. They're all field stretchers.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't know if your new targets will necessarily improve your redzone scoring. I think it will lead to more points bc you grabbed a bunch of explosive playmakers, but none of them other than maybe Moss are legitimate redzone threats in a shorter field. They're all field stretchers.
What Im saying is I believe the red-zone woes was more so a lockout/scheme issue. Not really a QB or personel issue. Our red-zone play-callling left alot to be desired. I can only hope that was due to the time constraits of the lock-out and not having the whole playbook installed.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What Im saying is I believe the red-zone woes was more so a lockout/scheme issue. Not really a QB or personel issue. Our red-zone play-callling left alot to be desired. I can only hope that was due to the time constraits of the lock-out and not having the whole playbook installed.
It's hard being successful in the redzone when you don't have targets on the outside. To be successful in the redzone, you need 2 things:

1. ability to run in the redzone
2. big targets who can keep guys out of the box, 1 on the outside and 1 on the inside.

The 49ers are missing that guy on the outside. So the box gets packed and it's harder to run in the redzone bc they're not afraid of the outside guys getting open down the field in a shorter redzone in 1 on 1 coverage.

When you don't that, it's hard to score, regardless of what plays you call.