Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-01-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
You're previous misses on the Skins excite me about your 2012 Skins write up...
was going to say, im excited for this years skins cause he completely blew it with the past years evaluations.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed your Jets writeup gpngc but the Jets did take Baylor RB Terrance Ganaway 1 pick right before Robert Griffin.....maybe he becomes something.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am almost embarrassed to say that I read that entire post. But I am glad I did. I enjoyed the opinions and thought you had valuable insight throughout. I am always amazed when people are able to follow all 32 of the teams well enough to have informed views on each.

As a Jaguars I agree with your take on Gabbert. The kid had a bad rookie year in a terrible situation and for some reason the media decided to have dog pile on him. He might never be great or even good, but the level of negative attention he has gotten is unwarranted. He is still very young, smart, has all the tools and a good work ethic. I expect that this year he might even be an average NFL QB. :)
wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Both players were similarly productive last season; Crabtree will have trouble building on his numbers because he's competing with Mario Manningham, Randy Moss, and Vernon Davis for catches, but should be a more consistent player this year after getting a chance to actually participate in training camp this year. I would say it's a toss-up so far, although Crabtree has been far more productive over the course of his career (he's got almost 80 catches on Heyward-Bey so far.)
You are telling me Crabtree's play isn't good enough to command the focus of the offense, instead he will split chances with a 3rd receiver who averages 40 catches a year and a 35 year old has-been?

On the flip side, Darrius Heyward-Bey has had arguably the best high-point season so far among the 2 receivers and he is the one who is the more raw of the receivers.

So let's revisit and adjust the question...

Does the DHB pick still deserve to be laughed out of Radio City Music Hall?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think DHB pick has worked out better than Crab.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I think DHB pick has worked out better than Crab.
Career so far:

DHB 99 rec, 1465 yards, 6 TD's

Crabs 175 rec, 2240 yards, 12 TD's

Despite being picked 3 slots before Crabs & being 7 myths older DHB has been less productive in every respect. Couple that we the fact that Crabs plays on a genuine SB contender I know who I'd have my money on for a better career

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look forward to these every year. Your 49ers writeups have usually been spot on. Glad to hear you liked this year's draft class (at least i think, maybe its too late but i couldnt follow the letter grades, just going by the explanation).
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:00 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

TEN: CJ2K-MINUS-1.1K BUT SERIOUSLY C
I understand why they made the Kendall Wright pick. Nate Washington's not a long-term priority, Kenny Britt hasn't proven he can stay healthy, and Damian Williams doesn't have No. 1 talent. But I don't think Wright does either. I think he busts. Way too many 'wide open behind everybody because RG3' plays and WR-friendly competition in the Big XII. Being compared to Steve Smith is really tough because he truly is one of the most tough, unique, and just overall awesome players of this generation. The last prospect that commonly drew that comparison was... gulp... Golden Tate. I didn't like Zach Brown at all because of the lack of instincts but he can be Aaron Curry. Worth it in the 2nd round. Mike Martin's good.
I don't remember Golden Tate ever being compared to Steve Smith, he never had even close to the same speed as Smith did/does. I think Wright will be a very good pick.
As for Brown, I ripped him early in the process when people had him going between 15-32. However, once it cooled down and he was settling into the mid 2nd, I thought he had good potential and good ability. I would've been pissed in the first, but in the 2nd I think it's a fantastic pick.
A linebacker core of Ayers, Brown and McCarthy is going to be fantastic
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:21 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I don't remember Golden Tate ever being compared to Steve Smith, he never had even close to the same speed as Smith did/does. I think Wright will be a very good pick.
As for Brown, I ripped him early in the process when people had him going between 15-32. However, once it cooled down and he was settling into the mid 2nd, I thought he had good potential and good ability. I would've been pissed in the first, but in the 2nd I think it's a fantastic pick.
A linebacker core of Ayers, Brown and McCarthy is going to be fantastic
Tate frequently drew comparisons to Smith, even more so after he somewhat surprisingly ran a very fast official 4.42 40 (I think some watches had him at sub-4.4) and jumped over 10" in the broad jump. At ND he played like Steve Smith did at CAR. Obviously the comparison wasn't great but they had somewhat similar builds, similar speed with somewhat short, stocky builds, and similar playing styles in terms of toughness and YAC while also having success getting vertical. Tate really was a special college WR - sucks that his game hasn't translated (yet?). I see some glaring similarities with Wright. We'll see.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really enjoyed the write up. I like that you acknowledged that the Colts offense isn't completely useless with Fleener/Allen/Wayne/Collie.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
superfly69
Veteran

superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.

Blahhhhhhhhhhh
superfly69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
I really enjoyed the write up. I like that you acknowledged that the Colts offense isn't completely useless with Fleener/Allen/Wayne/Collie.
And Hilton. Hilton is so obviously a steal it's sickening. Guys who are that good who fall ONLY because of size always translate. Most teams are too afraid to shy that far away from prototypes, especially before the really late rounds.

There is no reason Hilton won't continue to use his elite speed to make plays at the NFL level, unless of course he struggles due to injury, which is a risk absolutely worth taking.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan View Post
Career so far:

DHB 99 rec, 1465 yards, 6 TD's

Crabs 175 rec, 2240 yards, 12 TD's

Despite being picked 3 slots before Crabs & being 7 myths older DHB has been less productive in every respect. Couple that we the fact that Crabs plays on a genuine SB contender I know who I'd have my money on for a better career
The one who hasn't sat out every offseason so far and has been steadily progressing with the better raw talent? I loved Crabtree in college, but he just hasn't improved the way DHB has and that's why I think DHB will have a bigger season and push Kenny Britt for the title of second best WR from that draft.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2011: Chiefs: B
They were able to fill all their needs which is usually a recipe for disaster but I can't knock any of the specific players. I'm usually wary of WRs who's best trait is being tall but what Baldwin lacks in ideal quickness and suddenness he more than makes up for in hands, vertical, and straight-line speed. He'll start week one and score a bunch of TDs as a rookie. Hudson and Houston both have bust risk - Houston specifically had "Arizona Cardinals draft day bargain that sucks" - Elton Brownish - written all over him. I like Ricky Stanzi - he'll be the backup over Croyle and could end up starting some games within the next few years for whatever reason. Powe in the sixth is absolutely worth it. He should have gone higher.

2012: KC: TIC-TAC
I've consistently argued against Edgar Allan and I'm not about to stop now. The tape just doesn't show a quality football player. Could he develop into one? Sure. But I doubt it because he didn't show much PHYSICALITY. He wasn't violent enough for me. I was sure he was going to fall and didn't. The Chiefs screw me every year in mock drafts. One of the OL will stick (Allen probably). But I don't like much else. They do have a very good roster but I do not believe in Cassel at all. They'll struggle again this year. Sorry. I called it last year so Chiefs fans - here's to being wrong.

I must admit confusion. You mention only one player, a second rounder that you do no like, and you what appears to be a substandard grade. The grade is also confusing. To a large degree, this draft will be considered the Dontari Poe draft, and he is not mentioned, even in passing.

Then there is the reference to the 2011 grade. Early returns on the 2011 class are excellent: hits in the first two round, extra bases with both 3rd round picks and the 6th, and no outs yet. In particular Houston is looking like a Home Run and not like Elton Brown. Yes Baldwin started almost from day one, and Powe was a steal in the 6th, so it is not an entire disaster, but saying "I called it last year" is not with the program.

What have you got against Jeff Allen? I get that he has been playing OT, and will need to move inside. I also get that he does not look the part of a chiseled athlete. But he has the two things I like most in an OL: feet and seat. His feet are good enough to play LT, so the kick slide and the pull are not going to be a problem. He also has good knee bend, so his seat is quite solid. Since the soon to be open position is LG, that seems a natural combination. Finally, it is not like he was a big reach. Grades disagreed, but he was consistently rated 2nd-3rd round.

The only comment you have on the rest of the picks is an oblique reference that the other OT (Donald Stephenson) will not stick. This in spite of it being a widely respected pick. Nor is there a comment on my favorite selection: Devon Wiley "Coyote". The Chiefs have a need at slot, since Breaston is on his last run. Wiley is perfect as the elusive over the middle guy. Then there are value picks in Menzie, Gray and Hemingway, but not a word in reference.

So, what gives? If you dont like the Poe pick, you are not alone, but Allen is at most a small reach, and the rest of the draft is value where chosen. You didnt even mention Poe, or any day 3 pick. I dont get it.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
The one who hasn't sat out every offseason so far and has been steadily progressing with the better raw talent? I loved Crabtree in college, but he just hasn't improved the way DHB has and that's why I think DHB will have a bigger season and push Kenny Britt for the title of second best WR from that draft.
By "second best" you mean 3rd, right?
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
2011: Chiefs: B
They were able to fill all their needs which is usually a recipe for disaster but I can't knock any of the specific players. I'm usually wary of WRs who's best trait is being tall but what Baldwin lacks in ideal quickness and suddenness he more than makes up for in hands, vertical, and straight-line speed. He'll start week one and score a bunch of TDs as a rookie. Hudson and Houston both have bust risk - Houston specifically had "Arizona Cardinals draft day bargain that sucks" - Elton Brownish - written all over him. I like Ricky Stanzi - he'll be the backup over Croyle and could end up starting some games within the next few years for whatever reason. Powe in the sixth is absolutely worth it. He should have gone higher.

2012: KC: TIC-TAC
I've consistently argued against Edgar Allan and I'm not about to stop now. The tape just doesn't show a quality football player. Could he develop into one? Sure. But I doubt it because he didn't show much PHYSICALITY. He wasn't violent enough for me. I was sure he was going to fall and didn't. The Chiefs screw me every year in mock drafts. One of the OL will stick (Allen probably). But I don't like much else. They do have a very good roster but I do not believe in Cassel at all. They'll struggle again this year. Sorry. I called it last year so Chiefs fans - here's to being wrong.

I must admit confusion. You mention only one player, a second rounder that you do no like, and you what appears to be a substandard grade. The grade is also confusing. To a large degree, this draft will be considered the Dontari Poe draft, and he is not mentioned, even in passing.

Then there is the reference to the 2011 grade. Early returns on the 2011 class are excellent: hits in the first two round, extra bases with both 3rd round picks and the 6th, and no outs yet. In particular Houston is looking like a Home Run and not like Elton Brown. Yes Baldwin started almost from day one, and Powe was a steal in the 6th, so it is not an entire disaster, but saying "I called it last year" is not with the program.

What have you got against Jeff Allen? I get that he has been playing OT, and will need to move inside. I also get that he does not look the part of a chiseled athlete. But he has the two things I like most in an OL: feet and seat. His feet are good enough to play LT, so the kick slide and the pull are not going to be a problem. He also has good knee bend, so his seat is quite solid. Since the soon to be open position is LG, that seems a natural combination. Finally, it is not like he was a big reach. Grades disagreed, but he was consistently rated 2nd-3rd round.

The only comment you have on the rest of the picks is an oblique reference that the other OT (Donald Stephenson) will not stick. This in spite of it being a widely respected pick. Nor is there a comment on my favorite selection: Devon Wiley "Coyote". The Chiefs have a need at slot, since Breaston is on his last run. Wiley is perfect as the elusive over the middle guy. Then there are value picks in Menzie, Gray and Hemingway, but not a word in reference.

So, what gives? If you dont like the Poe pick, you are not alone, but Allen is at most a small reach, and the rest of the draft is value where chosen. You didnt even mention Poe, or any day 3 pick. I dont get it.

J
My 'I was right in 2011' claim was about the team taking a step back and not making the playoffs - it had nothing to do with that draft class (cue the INJURIES TO OUR BEST FIVE PLAYERS AND WE WERE STILL THISCLOSE SO YOUR PREDICTION WAS CLEARLY FLAWED!)

As for Houston, I didn't really claim that he'd bust, but I did liken the selection to 'guys the interent/Kiper love that inexplicably fall.' But I'll take the loss because I did all but connect the dots and he looks like a player. I was pretty much just wondering aloud why he fell to the 3rd.

And I praised the Jeff Allen pick, predicting he'd 'stick' meaning stick on the roster and be a player.

As for the rest of the picks, I usually don't comment on late-round guys unless I have a strong conviction about him either way. I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of your draft, but nothing stood out to me.

Gee whiz, held up to a high standard to get ALL PICKS correctly predicted for all 32 teams EVERY year. Zero pats on the back for impressive shout-outs and predictions are given.

- I knew the Chiefs fans would come at me full force, but they never mention that I nailed that Pioli's first draft was a failure AND nailed the Berry draft with an appropriate A grade (it was obvious, but my grades were spot on for two years before 2011, and hopefully for Chiefs fans, 2012).

- A Steeler fan ridiculed me for giving an 'A' to a draft in which they got a rotational DL, sub-package CB and TOP-TEN RECEIVER IN THE ENTIRE NFL. And he also left out that I called Antonio Brown (T.Y. Hilton this year).

- Was pretty damn accurate with all things Bengals minus the Dalton prediction (and it's been one season).

I mean forget it. You guys can see what I bolded. I think I had some pretty nice hits to go along with the bad misses pointed out in this thread by angry fans. Following 32 teams closely enough to even comment, let alone predict, about ALL draft classes isn't as easy as it looks. And to be able to have 2/4 DCs NAILED about a team I see maybe 3-4 times a year from start to finish isn't that bad. (And that'll go to 3/4 when Poe busts and BRUCE IRVIN TAKES OVER THE GALAXY!!!!!!!!!!!)
Old 05-11-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

As for the Crabtree-DHB stuff, it's still up in the air. This is a big year for both of them.

I've been pretty impressed with Crabtree considering his situation (passing offense/QB situation, injuries, always missing camp) because he's produced regardless.

My main concerns with him are:
A) He has no vertical game (but again, that may be his system/QB contributing)
B) His playoff performance last year was terrible

Besides those two concerns, it's obvious to me that he's a better player than DHB.

As for DHB, he was the SEVENTH overall pick. He needs to do more than approach 1000 yards ONCE to prove that he was even close to worth that pick. And I doubt he ever will because Moore and Ford have both emerged as better players. DHB was the only one who didn't get killed by injuries and therefore was able to produce. Good for him there, but he's not a legitimate No. 1 threat at this point. Also, this team passed on PERCY HARVIN too.

If DHB does continue to take steps forward and become a consistent productive player OR a true No. 1 WR, we can all point and laugh at my 'DHB bust' claim and incessant gushing over Crabtree for years to come. Yay.