Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-13-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default CB Trevin Wade-Arizona-7th rounder(Browns)

Looking for some insight to what Browns fans can expect from CB Trevin Wade. Is he just a player who could make the team as a backup, or does he have starter potential?

What intrigues me is NFL.com graded him 82.5, the same grade they gave our 2nd rounder OT Mitchell Schwartz. Only players the team drafted with higher grades were Richardson (93.5), Weeden (83.7), and Billy Winn (84). Most of our drafted players were in the 40's, 50's & 60's.

Wade wasn't drafted until the 7th round so something must be missing from his game. The Browns need a player to step up and beat out Sheldon Brown at the CB position opposite Haden. Until they do that the defense will suffer.
OhioJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For future reference don't put alot of trust in NFL.com's rankings and ratings.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I take everyone's ratings/rankings with a grain of salt, honestly. Wade was ranked 18th best CB by one site, 34th by another, then NFL.com graded him 82.5. That's why I'm curious what fans who watched him regularly in college think of him.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trevin Wade was a great value in the seventh round; he hurt his draft stock by running a 4.55 or so at the Combine but had an excellent time in the cone drill and managed to rack up a ton of interceptions and passes defensed at Arizona. Most teams probably thought he didn't have the physicality or top-end speed to really stand out in the NFL but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up playing in the slot for Cleveland at some point.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

Thanks for the info. If he's more of a slot coverage guy, he'll have to compete with Buster Skrine and I think Patterson also covered the slot some last season. Would like to see one of the three unseat Sheldon Brown, simply because Brown has a hard time keeping up with WR's. He had to give alot of cushion last season to keep from getting burned.

Wonder if Wade is a good special team's player, as the Browns took a step or two backwards in that department in 2011. Oftentimes a team will select players later in the draft that can help their ST's unit.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Thanks for the info. If he's more of a slot coverage guy, he'll have to compete with Buster Skrine and I think Patterson also covered the slot some last season. Would like to see one of the three unseat Sheldon Brown, simply because Brown has a hard time keeping up with WR's. He had to give alot of cushion last season to keep from getting burned.

Wonder if Wade is a good special team's player, as the Browns took a step or two backwards in that department in 2011. Oftentimes a team will select players later in the draft that can help their ST's unit.
I know Wade was on some coverage units at Arizona but unfortunately I couldn't tell you how effective he was.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:01 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post

I won't pretend to be an expert, but everything I read was that Wade shut down a lot of top-notch WR's as a sophomore but really regressed as a junior. As a senior he apparently looked more like his old self.

I'm not sure what the circumstances were that caused such varied performances, but with is COD ability he showed off at the combine and what sounds like natural coverage skills, I have high hopes that he will be able to fill in at the slot soon.

I think the team was really pleased with Patterson and would like him to take over the corner spot opposite Haden using Skrine as a injury backup/4th CB. I'm not sure where that would leave Sheldon Brown; a backup corner or a move to FS...
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
I won't pretend to be an expert, but everything I read was that Wade shut down a lot of top-notch WR's as a sophomore but really regressed as a junior. As a senior he apparently looked more like his old self.

I'm not sure what the circumstances were that caused such varied performances, but with is COD ability he showed off at the combine and what sounds like natural coverage skills, I have high hopes that he will be able to fill in at the slot soon.

I think the team was really pleased with Patterson and would like him to take over the corner spot opposite Haden using Skrine as a injury backup/4th CB. I'm not sure where that would leave Sheldon Brown; a backup corner or a move to FS...
In the PFW Draft Guide, Nolan Nawrocki mentioned a deep left thigh bruise as affecting his performance as a junior; I also thought it was interesting that Nawrocki questioned his motivation, although I can't really comment on that.