Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

View Poll Results: How many wins do the Bears get in 2012?
12 or more 0 0%
11 8 44.44%
10 5 27.78%
9 4 22.22%
8 1 5.56%
7 0 0%
6 0 0%
5 0 0%
4 0 0%
3 or less 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Predict the # of wins for the Bears in 2012

How many wins do the Bears get in 2012?

1 Sun, Sep 9 vsIndianapolis 1:00 PM CBS Tickets
2 Thu, Sep 13 @Green Bay 8:20 PM NFL Tickets
3 Sun, Sep 23 vsSt. Louis 1:00 PM FOX Tickets
4 Mon, Oct 1 @Dallas 8:30 PM Tickets
5 Sun, Oct 7 @Jacksonville 4:05 PM FOX Tickets
6 BYE WEEK
7 Mon, Oct 22 vsDetroit 8:30 PM Tickets
8 Sun, Oct 28 vsCarolina 1:00 PM FOX Tickets
9 Sun, Nov 4 @Tennessee 1:00 PM FOX Tickets
10 Sun, Nov 11 vsHouston 8:20 PM NBC Tickets
11 Mon, Nov 19 @San Francisco 8:30 PM Tickets
12 Sun, Nov 25 vsMinnesota 1:00 PM FOX Tickets
13 Sun, Dec 2 vsSeattle 1:00 PM FOX Tickets
14 Sun, Dec 9 @Minnesota 1:00 PM FOX Tickets
15 Sun, Dec 16 vsGreen Bay 1:00 PM FOX Tickets
16 Sun, Dec 23 @Arizona 4:15 PM FOX Tickets
17 Sun, Dec 30 @Detroit 1:00 PM FOX Tickets
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm buying the Bears this year. Hard. I wouldn't be surprised if they won the NFC.

Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall and Jeremy Bates reunited is good for all three parties. Cutler gets his #1 WR back, Marshall gets a real QB and Bates is the guy who coached them to career years back in 2008. Love that.

But then they also added Alshon Jeffery. I'm a bigger proponent of Jeffery than most. I see him as a Vincent Jackson type receiver if he stays in shape. Build up vertical speed and when the ball is in the air, it might as well be his. Great hands, great ball skills. A vertical threat like Jeffery with a guy like Marshall is dangerous. They're both huge and they compliment each other well. Add in Earl Bennett, Devin Hester and Dane Sanzenbacher and I think the Bears' receiving core is quite good. Plus I think Kellen Davis and Evan Rodriguez could be a nice little TE combo. Their passing game should be much improved.

Plus their running attack with Matt Forte and Michael Bush is impressive as well. Is there a better 1-2 punch at running back in the NFL? Arian Foster and Ben Tate is the only one that comes to mind as clearly better. Maybe Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller. But none of that matters because regardless of whether they're the best 1-2 punch or the 5th best 1-2 bunch, point is that they're really good and they compliment the passing game nicely.

Aside from the huge, gaping hole at LT, their offensive line is a bit better than advertised too. Williams-Garza-Rachal-Carimi isn't so terrible. Still bad but its not the "Oh my god, the Bears are going to just get demolished" problem it's being made out to be. I mean the Giants won a superbowl with Diehl-Boothe-Baas-Snee-McKenzie and that was pretty awful.

And that defense is always good and they added Shea McClellin, Kelvin Hayden and Geno Hayes. And I'm expecting a good year out of Stephen Paea and Chris Conte too.

Added Blake Costanzo and Eric Weems on special teams too.

Last edited by Bixby (Thumper) : 05-04-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted 11, but I wouldn't be surprised to see 12 or 13. I think the division could take both wildcards, and possibly two of the top 3 records in the NFC.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Voted 9 -- they will contend for the division if Cutler doesn't get creamed, & that means their o-line has to stay healthy & effective all 17 wks.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Voted 9 -- they will contend for the division if Cutler doesn't get creamed, & that means their o-line has to stay healthy & effective all 17 wks.
9 won't contend for the division. The division winner will have a minimum of 12 wins and a first round bye.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
9 won't contend for the division. The division winner will have a minimum of 12 wins and a first round bye.
NFCE teams tend to cancel each other out, although sometimes they get swept usually Dallas - Eagles or Skins - Giants. This yr. they get the AFCN, & the Steelers & Ravens + the much improved Bengals won't be easy.

s/b NFCE thread.................

Last edited by jojo : 05-04-2012 at 10:56 AM.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How many wins do the Bears get in 2012?

1 Sun, Sep 9 vsIndianapolis 1:00 PM CBS Tickets
2 Thu, Sep 13 @Green Bay 8:20 PM NFL Tickets
3 Sun, Sep 23 vsSt. Louis 1:00 PM FOX Tickets
4 Mon, Oct 1 @Dallas 8:30 PM Tickets
5 Sun, Oct 7 @Jacksonville 4:05 PM FOX Tickets
6 BYE WEEK
7 Mon, Oct 22 vsDetroit 8:30 PM Tickets
8 Sun, Oct 28 vsCarolina 1:00 PM FOX Tickets
9 Sun, Nov 4 @Tennessee 1:00 PM FOX Tickets
10 Sun, Nov 11 vsHouston 8:20 PM NBC Tickets
11 Mon, Nov 19 @San Francisco 8:30 PM Tickets
12 Sun, Nov 25 vsMinnesota 1:00 PM FOX Tickets
13 Sun, Dec 2 vsSeattle 1:00 PM FOX Tickets
14 Sun, Dec 9 @Minnesota 1:00 PM FOX Tickets
15 Sun, Dec 16 vsGreen Bay 1:00 PM FOX Tickets
16 Sun, Dec 23 @Arizona 4:15 PM FOX Tickets
17 Sun, Dec 30 @Detroit 1:00 PM FOX Tickets
Games in bold I see them winning. 10 wins and wild card entry.

I also see the Packers winning at least 14 and the Lions not reaching 9. The Vikings will do just enough to avoid a top 5 draft pick next year; I'm thinking 5 or 6 wins.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd feel pretty safe in predicting the Packers with around 13 wins, the Lions around 11 wins and the Bears in the 10 win area. However, when teams are this good and this close, the order they finish is really up in the air.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anywhere from 9-11, definitely a playoff team this year.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said the Bears would win 11. I really think they can this year, but only if J-Cut is healthy.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

11 or 12 as long as they keep Cutler upright. Hard to name a more complete team on paper than the Bears right now.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rabblerabble wrong thread

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:44 AM    (permalink
ashleywilliam
Rookie

ashleywilliam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think they'll get to 11 nd definitely a playoff team this year.
ashleywilliam is offline   Reply With Quote