Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ray lewis at 20 is still high but MUCH more reasonable than his #4 ranking last year
Old 06-22-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Tom Brady
4. Darrelle Revis
5. Drew Brees
6. Adrian Peterson
7. Haloti Ngata
8. Larry Fitzgerald
9. Demarcus Ware
10. Patrick Willis

Thats my guess.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the top 4 will be Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Johnson (in that order). I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson ends up higher, maybe even #1, but I think it's hard to not put those three QBs #1-3.

The other six guys could almost go in any order and I wouldn't have a problem with it. Part of it depends on when the votes were placed. Peterson pre-injury would probably be voted a bit higher than Peterson post-injury.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Especially when he's easily your team's best player and your 2nd best somehow made it in the top 10.
"Easily our best player" is a matter of opinion. Neither is more important or more dominant than the other. They both are consisdered the best at their respective positions. Its just that Willis plays at a position where we have other outstanding players, thus that unit not being as dependant on his presence as the front 3 is when it comes to Smith. It comes down to which position you feel is more valuable defensively. I agree with Ness though, I thought they both should have been top 12. But its a offense driven league and thats what alot of the rankings dictate so I wasnt surprised at all. I honestly didnt think I'd see any defensive players in the top 10, aside from maybe Revis.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I wouldn't have a problem with that. AD is as dominant at the RB position as CJ is at receiver. Basically it's a toss up but you can't go wrong with either.
Not really. AD is hurt right now and might not be as good as he was before, while Calvin is unquestionably the most dominant receiver and offensive weapon in the NFL.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Not really. AD is hurt right now and might not be as good as he was before, while Calvin is unquestionably the most dominant receiver and offensive weapon in the NFL.
I imagine there's still a good faction of NFL fans who'd take Larry Fitz over Calvin Johnson, all things equal. And by all things I mean Larry having Stafford throwing to him instead of John Skelton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I imagine there's still a good faction of NFL fans who'd take Larry Fitz over Calvin Johnson, all things equal. And by all things I mean Larry having Stafford throwing to him instead of John Skelton.
Yes, Calvin has never had to perform with a horrible QB.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-22-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This probably isn't how they will end up being ranked, but here's how I'd rank the top ten:

1. Tom Brady

2. Drew Brees

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. Darrelle Revis

5. Adrian Peterson

6. Larry Fitzgerald

7. DeMarcus Ware

8. Calvin Johnson

9. Haloti Ngata

10. Patrick Willis
Old 06-22-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curiously, you rank Fitz over Megatron. Do you think the players feel that way?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
mjlanglais
Rookie

mjlanglais hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

3 bmore defenders in the top 20? reed and lewis are soo overrated
mjlanglais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
This probably isn't how they will end up being ranked, but here's how I'd rank the top ten:

1. Tom Brady

2. Drew Brees

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. Darrelle Revis

5. Adrian Peterson

6. Larry Fitzgerald

7. DeMarcus Ware

8. Calvin Johnson

9. Haloti Ngata

10. Patrick Willis
I beg you to explain to me what you have against the Lions. You ranked Vick over Stafford, you're ranking Fitz and AD over Calvin...there has to be something. I think AD is the best RB in the NFL, but he isn't much of a factor in the passing game and that is vital in the NFL today. Factor in his current injury, there is zero reason for him to be over Calvin.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-22-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
No way that Peterson is above Calvin.
I wouldn't rank Peterson over Johnson, but even with his injury I think the players will.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were a betting man:

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Darrelle Revis
6. Larry Fitzgerald
7. Demarcus Ware
8. Drew Brees
9. Haloti Ngata
10. Patrick Willis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Calvin Johnson
4. Darrelle Revis
5. Larry Fitzgerald
6. Adrian Peterson
7. Demarcus Ware
8. Haloti Ngata
9. Patrick Willis
10. Drew Brees
Old 06-22-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlanglais View Post
I agree that Ray Lewis isn't top 20 anymore but his still is a very important player for his defensive calls and his leadership.

Ed Reed may be the most impactful DB in the league. The way that he impacts how a passing game can attack is huge in addition to his turnovers. Even great QBs like Brady have to change their offense to avoid Reed.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Tom Brady
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Darrelle Revis
5. Drew Brees
6. Demarcus Ware
7. Adrian Peterson
8. Patrick Willis
9. Haloti Ngata
10. Larry Fitzgerald
Old 06-24-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlanglais View Post
Correction, FOUR bmore defenders in the top 20? Reed, Rev Ray, T-Sizzle and NGATA!!!! Each one, with the likely exception of Lewis (he should probably be in the 40-60 range) are very worth of top 20 status.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The official results are in:

10. Patrick Willis
9. Haloti Ngata
8. Adrian Peterson
7. Larry Fitzgerald
6. DeMarcus Ware
5. Darrelle Revis
4. Tom Brady
3. Calvin Johnson
2. Drew Brees
1. Aaron Rodgers

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Rodgers beating Brady, but I think Brady should still be #2

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have been really happy had Megatron come in at #1, but I knew it would never happen.

Oh well. That list is fine as it is I guess.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't the list supposed to be best players for only 2012? Because isn't Adrian Peterson going to miss a substantial amount of time because of his knee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Isn't the list supposed to be best players for only 2012? Because isn't Adrian Peterson going to miss a substantial amount of time because of his knee?
Not really. He's well ahead of schedule right now, which would put him right in line to return for the start of the season.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would put Johnson at #2 and Brees at #3. Overall though, not that bad of a top ten I think.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:24 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

“Having been voted a Top 10 NFL player for the 2012 season is a cherished honor because the selection was made by my peers, and a player can have no greater accolade nor satisfaction than knowing that those he lines up against for 60 minutes every week value to the highest degree his talent, competitiveness, effort, productivity and achievement.

I’ve completed 8 NFL seasons, & while I am somewhat satisfied with personal achievements, I have come close only once to achieving the ultimate team goal.

Being a productive WR is no longer enough. I’ve grown into a position of leadership as a Cardinals team captain and have tried to expand my role as a mentor and example for our core of young players.

My sincere hope is that we can get back to the playoffs on a regular basis and become Super Bowl Champions.

Our team was 2 minutes away from that goal on February 4, 2009, and similarly, my 7th rank of NFL top players leaves room for improvement.

I will strive as always to expand my role and contributions to team success, be as productive as possible, and win a Championship…..”

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady at 4 is a ******* joke.

/homerrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote