Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 03-30-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Vickissick07

Default My attempt at a Falcons mock with a trade or two.

I am not a big fan of trades in mocks, but I think a trade down with Buffalo is a real possibility if Cleveland passes on Adrian Peterson. That would give us 3 high 2nd rounders if Buffalo really wants to move up that badly. I am also thinking that with three 2nd rounders that we might try to package 2 of them to move back into the bottom of the 1st round. That might happen or it might not. Lets just say it does for now.

Round 1 pick 12 - Adam Carriker (I like this pick because it fills a need and he is can play anywhere on the line) Option b would be Patrick Willis.

Trade up with NE for two of our 2nd rounders to number 24 and select Darrelle Revis. Can replace Webster and Rossum. Kill two birds with one stone.

Round 2 - Brandon Meriweather or Griffin (don't expect him to fall though)

Round 3 - Tony Ugoh or Doug Free OT

Round 4a - Paul Williams WR

Round 4b - Chris Henry - RB

Round 4c (comp pick) - Marcus Thomas DT

Round 5 - Bpa

Round 6 - Bpa

Round 7 (comp pick)- Bpa

I like the looks of this, but would appreciate some comments. We fill alot of holes with this draft including DE, S, CB. Also possible starter at OT.

Last edited by Vickissick07 : 03-30-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

Mr. Myogi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Round 1 pick 12 - Reggie Nelson

No Trade back into the 1st simply because the Falcons do not have any flexibility under the cap to sign two 1st rounders. So I keep all 2nds.

Round 2 - Charles Johnson

Round 2 - Aaron Sears

Round 2 - Brandon Meriweather or Griffin (I would still pick one of these for depth. To be tutored by Milloy.)

Round 3 - Tony Ugoh or Doug Free OT (I agree)

Round 4a - Michael Bush - RB (I think he falls to the 2nd day)

Round 4b - Rhema Mcknight WR

Round 4c (comp pick) - John Abbate ILB

Round 5 - Travarious Bain CB/Returner

Round 6 - Samson Satele C

Round 7 (comp pick)- Joe Anoai DT

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********
Mr. Myogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Reggie Nelson pick more than Carriker. I think there will be many good DE's in the 2nd, while I have Reggie Nelson as a great safety.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Vickissick07

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
I like the Reggie Nelson pick more than Carriker. I think there will be many good DE's in the 2nd, while I have Reggie Nelson as a great safety.
Remember last season when all of those 'great' safeties were expected to go early? Greg Blue, Pat Watkins, ect? Remember what happened?
Old 03-31-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickissick07 View Post
Remember last season when all of those 'great' safeties were expected to go early? Greg Blue, Pat Watkins, ect? Remember what happened?
Greg Blue and Pat Watkins were never considered great safties. They were average, and I can tell you Pat Watkins struggled in coverage a lot. They were probably ranked in the 5-10 range as safeties.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Watkins problem wasn't coverage...according to me...at FSU...and the Cowboys message board at the NFL level. They recalled 2 plays that he bit on a double move on a blitz, but those were early on, as the season went on they said he progressed greatly. Pat Watkins will end up #2 or 3 out of that draft class.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote