Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Calais Campbell signs 5 year extension

Quote:
That time arrived Thursday, when Campbell agreed to a new five-year contract with the team. Terms were not announced, in keeping with club policy, and not immediately available, but Campbell’s franchise salary was scheduled to be about $10.7 million for 2012.
http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-...b-48697a43d53c

I expect it will be close to Ngata's 5/61 contract but will most likely fall short of the $40 mil guaranteed

:D

edit:
Quote:
Calais Campbell will make $55M in his 5 year deal with the Cards, with $36M due to come over the first 3 years of the contract
https://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora/status/200776203676815360

Last edited by fenikz : 05-10-2012 at 10:08 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WE'RE ALL SO HAPPY FOR YOU!.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good signing for the Cards. He was a straight-up steal for you guys in that draft.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best part about it was that the entire year I claimed that if he miraculously fell to AZ in the 2nd that the pick was a lock :D

Hooray homerism paying off
Old 05-11-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i remember him being one of the most difficult dline prospects to fit in a scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who is better on that line now, Dockett or Campbell?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
So who is better on that line now, Dockett or Campbell?
Give me Campbell any day.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Campbell most definitely, Dockett still top 10 but CC is elite

I'd rank the Cardinals by overall talent
1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Calais Campbell
-
3. Patrick Peterson
4. Daryl Washington
5. Darnell Dockett
-
6. Beanie Wells
-
7. Kerry Rhodes
8. Sam Acho
9. Daryn Colledge
10. Michael Floyd

Last edited by fenikz : 05-11-2012 at 09:50 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

campbell is not elite. love it when people throw out the term elite like it means nothing though

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
campbell is not elite. love it when people throw out the term elite like it means nothing though
Campbell is quite possible the best 3-4 DE in the league. How is that not elite? He doesn't get the attention he deserves because he plays for a ****** team with a ***** at QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

we were a .500 team with 2 ducks(?)/snitches(?) at QB
Old 05-11-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we were a .500 team with 2 ducks(?)/snitches(?) at QB
I'm not allowed to insinuate what I am really trying to say. If I do that Mr. Hallam will slap me with even more infraction points and delete my post for saying something you'll hear on TV multiple times per show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's the second-best 3-4 DE in the league behind only Justin Smith.

He's definitely elite. You're only saying that because he plays a position that isn't glamorous.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I think it goes

1. Ngata
2. Smith
2a. Campbell
Old 05-11-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post

He's definitely elite. You're only saying that because he plays a position that isn't glamorous.

Bingo. Stud.

On another note, I think Campbell's level of play is what we'll see from Coples in a couple of years.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post

right, its my favorite scheme, the only one id ever want my team to run, but im only saying that because its not glamorous . i think he's really good, ive actually liked him a lot since day one but elite i dont think so. I do think he and dockett are far and away the best tandem

sounds like hes being overrated because hes on such a terrible team. Just like adrian wilson was completely underrated for years until he became so underrated he was overrated

question though, is dan williams any good?

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.

Last edited by K Train : 05-11-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Dan Williams is solid to good when healthy, broke his arm last year & David Carter our 6th round pick stepped in and played great

and you're kidding yourself if you don't think CC is elite
Old 05-11-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calais Campbell is one of the top defensive linemen in the NFL; a 6'8", 300 pound who can stuff the run and give you seven or eight sacks a season can't be considered anything except elite.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
right, its my favorite scheme, the only one id ever want my team to run, but im only saying that because its not glamorous . i think he's really good, ive actually liked him a lot since day one but elite i dont think so. I do think he and dockett are far and away the best tandem

sounds like hes being overrated because hes on such a terrible team. Just like adrian wilson was completely underrated for years until he became so underrated he was overrated

question though, is dan williams any good?
Apparently it being your favorite scheme does nothing for your ability to evaluate guys who play it.

The guy led interior D-linemen in sacks AND batted passes. He led 3-4 DEs in defensive stops. It doesn't get much more all-around elite than that. What's he need to do to be anointed? Play QB when the D isn't on the field? Return kicks?
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smart by the Cards to give him the contract he deserves. This dude is clearly elite, dont care what some people may think.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Smart by the Cards to give him the contract he deserves. This dude is clearly elite, dont care what some people may think.
You must be a Canes fan
Old 05-11-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Old 05-11-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
You must be a Canes fan
Nope.....

I've actually watched some Cards games.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/162265

Quote:
I'm efforting to get the details on the contract signed last week by Calais Campbell. The salaries for the 5-year deal are : $2 million, $3 million, $5.5 million, $9 million and $9.5 million. That's $29 million in salaries. The deal's worth a total of $55 million, according to sources, so that leaves $26 million in other money. (That could be bonuses for signing, an option payment, a roster bonus, etc. it also could include money for attendance at off-season workouts. That's a common clause in Cardinals contracts.)

The key is how much Campbell received in bonuses, either signing bonus, reporting and/or option bonus. His salary cap figure in the first year is believed to be between $5 million and $6 million. With a salary of $2 million, I'm guessing there is a signing bonus of $15 million to $17 million. But I won't speculate any further. Maybe I can chase down the rest of the numbers today.