Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-04-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's what I've got. Note: I don't scout baseball prospects, I just read some of the scouting reports I found online as well as rumors, etc. posted on ESPN, Twitter, etc.

2012 MLB Mock Draft

1. Houston Astros – RHP Mark Appel, Stanford

2. Minnesota Twins – OF Byron Buxton, Appling County HS (GA)

3. Seattle Mariners – SS Carlos Correa, Puerto Rico Baseball Academy

4. Baltimore Orioles – RHP Kevin Gausman, Louisiana St.

5. Kansas City Royals – RHP Kyle Zimmer, San Francisco

6. Chicago Cubs – CF Albert Almora, Mater Academy HS (FL)

7. San Diego Padres – LHP Max Fried, Harvard-Westlake HS (CA)

8. Pittsburgh Pirates – C Mike Zunino, Florida

9. Miami Marlins – LHP Andrew Heaney, Oklahoma St.

10. Colorado Rockies – OF Courtney Hawkins, Carroll HS (TX)
Old 06-04-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been seeing a lot of rumors and mocks with Carlos Correa to the Cubs and I just don't understand it. The Cubs have Castro at SS and drafted Baez at SS in the first round last year. Maybe I don't understand the MLB Draft but grabbing Correa doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I've been seeing a lot of rumors and mocks with Carlos Correa to the Cubs and I just don't understand it. The Cubs have Castro at SS and drafted Baez at SS in the first round last year. Maybe I don't understand the MLB Draft but grabbing Correa doesn't seem to make sense to me.
It would be a miracle if Correa is a SS at the Major League level. He's a big, stocky kid already. He'll probably move to 3B in the future. I honestly think Correa goes number 3 to Seattle.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and Keith Law says the Pirates are going to chose David Dahl unless Almora and/or Zunino are on the board.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Baez isn't a SS, Correa isn't either. Both project to be 3B/OF types in the majors.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Position shouldn't matter in the MLB draft, you take BPA almost without hesitation. Guys can be moved around if need be, you just want to hit on the picks. Also, like Hines said, there's a solid or better chance that Correa doesn't stick at SS. He's already 6'4" 190 and won't turn 18 until late September, so he's likely going to move to 3B as he's got a strong enough arm for it.

Baez is also unlikely to stay at SS as he lacks the range for it, and will likely move to 3rd.

I've been reading that the Cubs will take Albert Almora, OF, Florida HS, though, even if Correa is available.

I'm probably going to throw together my top 20 or 30 prospects and then if I get time this evening throw together a quick mock.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks guys. Like I said, I don't know too much about how the MLB Draft works and I am by no means a scout of high school baseball players.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 06-04-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Law's final mock has us taking Dahl. I would be pleased even though are some others I like more.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Law's final mock has us taking Dahl. I would be pleased even though are some others I like more.
I've seen Gavin Cecchini linked to the Mets in a few places as well as Corey Seager, Courtney Dawkins, and Dahl. Basically, it looks like they're looking at high school hitters.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I've seen Gavin Cecchini linked to the Mets in a few places as well as Corey Seager, Courtney Dawkins, and Dahl. Basically, it looks like they're looking at high school hitters.

The Mets have had a ton of names linked to them. Mostly HS bats as you've said, but I've also seen Fried (if he's there) and Wacha a good deal.

But this is what I want more than anything (courtesy of Goldstein):

12. New York Mets ($2.55M): Lucas Giolito, RHP, Harvard-Westlake HS (CA)
Forty-eight hours ago, I would have done a mock without Giolito, but he suddenly has a number of rumored landing spots, beginning with New York, who seem to be definitely at least kicking the tires on the draft's biggest wild card. He's a tough sign here, an even tougher one later, but the Mets are rumored to be making another splash. If they get cold feet today, they could go in a number of directions, all of them high school-based, and in particular Corey Seager, Cecchini and another possible difficult sign in Lance McCullers.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Cecchini pleaseeeeeeee. He sounds like a light hitting SS with a so so glove.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-04-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

So, here is my top 50 for the 2012 MLB draft. I obviously haven't seen any of these players in person, but have quite a few of the college guys on TV, and have watched youtube videos of most. Most of my information though has come from reading scouting reports online.

1. Carlos Correa SS Puerto Rico Baseball Academy
2. Byron Buxton OF Appling County HS(GA)
3. Mike Zunino C Florida
4. Kyle Zimmer RHP San Francisco
5. Mark Appel RHP Stanford
6. Lucas Giolito RHP Harvard-Westlake HS(CA)
7. Kevin Gausman RHP LSU
8. Albert Almora OF Mater Academy(FL)
9. Max Fried LHP Harvard-Westlake HS(CA)
10. Marcus Stroman RHP Duke
11. Courtney Hawkins OF Carroll HS(TX)
12. David Dahl OF Oak Mountain HS(AL)
13. Michael Wacha RHP Texas A&M
14. Lance McCullers RHP Jesuit HS(FL)
15. Corey Seager 3B Northwest Cabarrus HS(NC)
16. Richie Shaffer 3B Clemson
17. Chris Stratton RHP Mississippi State
18. Andrew Heaney LHP Oklahoma State
19. Addison Russell SS/3B Pace HS(FL)
20. DJ Davis Stone County HS(MS)
21. Stephen Piscotty 3B Stanford
22. Deven Marrero SS Arizona State
23. Joey Gallo 3B Bishop Gorman HS(NV)
24. Walker Weickel RHP Olympia HS(FL)
25. Lewis Brinson OF Coral Springs HS(FL)
26. Stryker Trahan C Acadiana HS(LA)
27. Ty Hensley RHP Santa Fe HS(OK)
28. Zach Elfin RHP Hagerty HS(FL)
29. Hunter Virant LHP Camarillo HS(CA)
30. Matthew Smoral LHP Solon HS(OH)
31. Mitchell Brown RHP Century HS(MN)
32. Tyler Naquin OF Texas A&M
33. J.O. Berrios RHP Papa Juan XXIII HS(Puerto Rico)
34. Gavin Cecchini SS Barbe HS(LA)
35. Pierce Johnson RHP Missouri State
36. Victor Roache OF Georgia Southern
37. Tanner Rahier SS Palm Desert HS(CA)
38. Travis Jankowski OF SUNY Stony Brook
39. Nick Travieso RHP Archbishop McCarthy HS (FL)
40. Shane Watson RHP Lakewood HS(CA)
41. Carson Kelly 3B Westview HS(OR)
42. Clint Coulter C Union HS(WA)
43. Lucas Sims RHP Brookwood HS(GA)
44. Ty Buttrey RHP Providence HS(NC)
45. Duane Underwood RHP Pope HS(GA)
46. Chris Beck RHP Georgia Southern
47. Barrett Barnes OF Texas A&M
48. Kevin Plawecki C Purdue
49. Jesse Winker OF Olympia HS(CA)
50. Trey Williams 3B Valencia HS(CA)

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 06-04-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

please Dayton give me Gausman, Zimmer or Correa
Old 06-04-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I hate Harold Reynolds so much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-04-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm way too excited for this.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
please Dayton give me Gausman, Zimmer or Correa
Goldstein tweeted that there was a rumor going around that the Royals would take Chris Stratton, which would be a crazy pick.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 06-04-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yuck I can't believe we're going to take Cecchini.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-04-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember when the Tigers had first round picks. Anyways, Buxton is a dumbass.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Hines
Legend

Zunino! Zunino!
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Apparently I have the MLB Network. I had no idea.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 06-04-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

So, just a real quick top 20 mock:
1. Houston - Mark Appel
2. Minnesota - Byron Buxton
3. Seattle - Mike Zunino
4. Baltimore - Kevin Gausman
5. Kansas City - Max Fried
6. Chicago Cubs - Albert Almora
7. San Diego - Carlos Correa
8. Pittsburgh - David Dahl
9. Miami - Kyle Zimmer
10. Colorado - Courtney Hawkins
11. Oakland - Joey Gallo
12. New York Mets - Gavin Cecchini
13. Chicago White Sox - Michael Wacha
14. Cincinnati - Andrew Heaney
15. Cleveland - Chris Stratton
16. Washington - Deven Marrero
17. Toronto - Lucas Giolito
18. Los Angeles Dodgers - Ty Hensley
19. St. Louis - Richie Shaffer
20. San Francisco - Walker Weickel

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 06-04-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Cecchini only 13 XBH his senior season and he's supposed to have above average speed. That's terrible. Please DePo don't do it!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-04-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I remember when the Tigers had first round picks. Anyways, Buxton is a dumbass.
You racist.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-04-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
You racist.
Nah. Also, when your second pick last year is a 22 year old first baseman whose only skill is his bat, and he's now 23 in Low A and hitting like ****, you have draft issues.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I choose Lewis Brinson for AZ

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote