Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-09-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Plat
Rookie

Plat hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Underclassmen QB Prospects?

Who are some of the underclassmen QB's that have the potential to make some noise in the upcoming year?
Plat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First that comes to mind is Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Plat
Rookie

Plat hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, I should probably say excluding Mr. Bridgewater since he's basically a given.
Plat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Hogan
Old 03-09-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Armchair Scout
Rookie

Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Hundley has a lot of potential in my opinion. Probably not a candidate for next year's draft, but he appears to throw a very nice ball and has excellent physical tools. In a couple years, he could be a really nice 1st round prospect.

Johnny Manziel should also be mentioned as a potential 1st overall pick when he declares.

Tajh Boyd is another guy who is maybe even a little underrated. Big arm and very tough. He has the make-up of a franchise QB in my opinion. He just needs to refine his decision making and accuracy.
Armchair Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:30 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boyd will be a Senior. I think he's asking for Juniors and Redshirt Sophomores.

Marcus Mariota
Kevin Hogan
Brett Hundley
Chuckie Keaton

Manziel is overrated.

Hundley is a better version of EJ Manuel.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:06 AM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

There were a couple years after Matt Barkley with no 5 star QB prospects coming out of high school. Wonder if that shows up in the pro draft.
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
Manziel is overrated.
Yea your right he only won the Heisman lol.

I really like Hogan. He came in and gave that offense a spark.
Mariota is a great athlete. we will see what oregons offense is like without chip kelly but the good thing is they have a legit QB to help them out.

I know this thread is for underclassmen but a senior QB I think has a lot of potential is David Fales out of San Jose st. Last year was his first year playing D1 so he still has a lot to prove. But this kid has great pocket presence and is very accurate. led the nation in pass efficiency. Doesnt have the huge arm but makes all the necessary throws.
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:03 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal3518 View Post
Yea your right he only won the Heisman lol.

I really like Hogan. He came in and gave that offense a spark.
Mariota is a great athlete. we will see what oregons offense is like without chip kelly but the good thing is they have a legit QB to help them out.

I know this thread is for underclassmen but a senior QB I think has a lot of potential is David Fales out of San Jose st. Last year was his first year playing D1 so he still has a lot to prove. But this kid has great pocket presence and is very accurate. led the nation in pass efficiency. Doesnt have the huge arm but makes all the necessary throws.
He won the Heisman and that validates how good he is. Great analysis!

Give me Mariota over Manziel.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:55 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought about starting a Tajh Boyd thread the other day. All the OP says is "make some noise in the upcoming year," and I think Tajh has put himself in good position to wind up a first round pick. I like him a lot.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 03-09-2013 at 04:04 AM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:22 AM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I thought about starting a Tajh Boyd thread the other day. All the OP says is "make some noise in the upcoming year," and I think Tajh has put himself in good position to wind up a first round pick. I like him a lot.
+1

I've been watching a lot of DeAndre Hopkins this year and It's getting me real excited for Boyd next season.

Last edited by fatso : 03-09-2013 at 05:22 AM. Reason: accidentally multi quoted
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.

Devin Gardner will be interesting
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Devin Gardner will be interesting
Aside from just being a Michigan fan, I'm really interested in his development. He was just granted an extra year by the NCAA, so he won't be coming out until 2015 unless he really blows up next year.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Aside from just being a Michigan fan, I'm really interested in his development. He was just granted an extra year by the NCAA, so he won't be coming out until 2015 unless he really blows up next year.
I like him a lot. I hope he is able to improve. The real interesting evaluation IMO is Taj Boyd. Looks fat and dumpy and his team mates often joke on him, but he is a flat out gamer. I saw him win the state championship in Norfolk, VA.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
He won the Heisman and that validates how good he is. Great analysis!

Give me Mariota over Manziel.
And you provided great detail as to why he is overrated. if you are gunna call out the kid who just won the heisman i would think you would explain.
The kid is a great athlete and makes plays. last i checked the hesiman goes to the best player that year. I will agree that some people are loving him a bit too much but he is obviously a great football player. He does make a lot risky decision but they worked out for him this year. people say they will come up with a plan to stop him. Well until they do that im still on board for manziel.
I dont think Mariota would have been able to do what he did if he was playing in the SEC. Dont get me wrong I like him a lot but he wasnt doing it on the same stage as Manziel. And Mariota had more talent around him. Just about every skilled player on oregon can score anytime they touch the ball. The only player on A&M you could say that about is Johnny Manziel.
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think someone will mortgage the farm for Manziel. whether that move pans out is another story. I can see Jerry Jones going all in if Dallas has another mediocre year. Others of note:

Teddy Bridgewater
Marcus Mariota
Tahj Boyd

sleeper, Jeff Driskel. Played with a bad offensive line and needs to be smarter with the ball but has everything physically to be a high draft pick.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not even going to list Manziel as I still don't think his skillset will translate well to the NFL. Here's my list of underclassmen to watch next year. I only watched one Ole Miss game last year and Bo Wallace was considerably raw but he has the ideal size you want for a QB if he can develop as a passer. Also curious to see how Blake Bell does as an every down QB and throwing 30+ times a game.

1. Teddy Bridgewater (Jr) - Louisville
2. Braxton Miller (Jr) - Ohio State
3. Marcus Mariota (rSo) - Oregon
4. Kevin Hogan (rSo) - Stanford
5. Brett Hundley (rSo) - UCLA
6. Blake Bell (rJr) - Oklahoma
7. Bo Wallace (Jr) - Ole Miss
8. Jeff Driskel (Jr) - Florida

edit: forgot driskel, highly recruited out of HS but hasn't really proven he's an elite qb yet, with brissett transferring he's the lock to take all the snaps for them this year, hopefully he puts it all together

Last edited by Robcards : 03-09-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hogan is the best of the bunch. The ball comes out of his hands so quick. He looks like he's 35, though. So the Brody scouting might hurt his stock.

Last edited by nepg : 03-09-2013 at 12:56 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tajh Boyd has had some explosive games for Clemson during his career and his performance against LSU in the Chick-fil-a was the most impressive passing game by a quarterback against them in at least 3 years.

He looked so good in that bowl game I thought Boyd would declare for the draft.

If Tajh doesn't regress next season, I think he's no worse than the 2nd best QB available on 2014.

About Manziel, I need to see an official height on him and get a better read on his arm.
I think if Johnny Football leaves College Station after next season, he's making a mistake.
There's no denying the kid is about as pure a playmaker at the QB position as there is and it's not all gimmicky. WHen he scrambles he sees the field in a way most QBs never do.

Manziel is very efficient and controlled as a passer despite looking helter skelter once the ball is snapped, I would just like to see he become a little more refined as a passer.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wonder how Blake Bell will do at OU. Could be interesting to watch, and I highly doubt he'll leave after just 1 year of starting though.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Not even going to list Manziel as I still don't think his skillset will translate well to the NFL. Here's my list of underclassmen to watch next year. I only watched one Ole Miss game last year and Bo Wallace was considerably raw but he has the ideal size you want for a QB if he can develop as a passer. Also curious to see how Blake Bell does as an every down QB and throwing 30+ times a game.

edit: forgot driskel, highly recruited out of HS but hasn't really proven he's an elite qb yet, with brissett transferring he's the lock to take all the snaps for them this year, hopefully he puts it all together
Driskel was the full time starter last year anyway, Brissett didn't take any snaps after week 1 or 2 I believe. He is not an NFL QB, runs like a deer, but throws like the typical run first QB....horrible...

When Braxton Miller is the #2, you know it is a weak group.

Bridgewater is real deal.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Armchair Scout
Rookie

Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post

I'm not getting the hate for Manziel. His game doesn't translate to NFL, but Blake Bell's will? I get the skepticism that Manziel will become a top prospect the way I predicted earlier in the thread, but to list him below a guy who has only thrown a few ugly passes in his college career is silly.

Manziel has some advantages working in Texas A&M's offense, but he has a super quick release, a very strong arm, and has shown more flashes of NFL caliber accuracy than anybody mentioned in this thread other than Bridgewater and maybe Tajh Boyd.

I do get that Manziel has benefitted greatly from his ability to escape from the pocket with the help of his stellar offensive tackles, but he still has to make more reads from the pocket than a guy like Marcus Mariota. Like any young QB, he needs time to develop, but he already throws a great ball and has proven to be an exceptionally effective QB at the college level.
Armchair Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Scout View Post
I'm not getting the hate for Manziel. His game doesn't translate to NFL, but Blake Bell's will? I get the skepticism that Manziel will become a top prospect the way I predicted earlier in the thread, but to list him below a guy who has only thrown a few ugly passes in his college career is silly.

Manziel has some advantages working in Texas A&M's offense, but he has a super quick release, a very strong arm, and has shown more flashes of NFL caliber accuracy than anybody mentioned in this thread other than Bridgewater and maybe Tajh Boyd.

I do get that Manziel has benefitted greatly from his ability to escape from the pocket with the help of his stellar offensive tackles, but he still has to make more reads from the pocket than a guy like Marcus Mariota. Like any young QB, he needs time to develop, but he already throws a great ball and has proven to be an exceptionally effective QB at the college level.
I didnt list him below anyone. I didnt list him at all on a list of underclassmen QBs that I am going to watch. I don't know if Bell will translate to the NFL or not, he hasnt been given the opportunity to show it or not.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Driskel was the full time starter last year anyway, Brissett didn't take any snaps after week 1 or 2 I believe. He is not an NFL QB, runs like a deer, but throws like the typical run first QB....horrible...

When Braxton Miller is the #2, you know it is a weak group.

Bridgewater is real deal.
I didn't say he did lose snaps to Brissett, just that with him gone he has no competition for the starting gig going into this year like he did last year.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal3518 View Post
And you provided great detail as to why he is overrated. if you are gunna call out the kid who just won the heisman i would think you would explain.
The kid is a great athlete and makes plays. last i checked the hesiman goes to the best player that year. I will agree that some people are loving him a bit too much but he is obviously a great football player. He does make a lot risky decision but they worked out for him this year. people say they will come up with a plan to stop him. Well until they do that im still on board for manziel.
I dont think Mariota would have been able to do what he did if he was playing in the SEC. Dont get me wrong I like him a lot but he wasnt doing it on the same stage as Manziel. And Mariota had more talent around him. Just about every skilled player on oregon can score anytime they touch the ball. The only player on A&M you could say that about is Johnny Manziel.
He's overrated because people think he's going to run as much in the NFL. He won't. He's going to need to still be effective from the pocket. He's going to get killed in the NFL. He's more elusive than Griffin is, so that may help him. People want to compare him to Russell Wilson, but Wilson has a much better arm. Manziel reminds me mostly of Jeff Garcia.

Mariota has one of the best pure arms I've seen. On par with Derek Carr. Mariota and Carr's arms are so strong, they can throw lasers flatfooted. While he may not be elusive as Manziel, he has a better chance to develop into a pure pocket passer. His running will just be a plus.

Oregon has some nice skill players in Barner, Thomas, and Lyerla, but their WR core isn't as strong as A&M's: Swope, Evans, Nwachukwu. Nwachukwu was way underutilized. Guy is a freak athlete. Not sure if you saw his Pro Day Numbers yet: 10'10" BJ, 39.5" vert, 25 reps. Manziel also has two 1st round OTs.

Barner and Thomas are overrated as well. Byron Marshall was their best pure RB.

I'd take Ben Malena, Christine Michael, and Trey Williams over those 3.

I'd say Manziel clearly has the edge in surrounding talent.