Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Moore won the Raphael Award, though.
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So at his pro day today, Moore improved his bench from a worrying 12 reps to a "low-side-of-acceptable" 19 reps, but he decided to stand on his 40 yard dash at the combine (4.95.) That second decision is, to put it charitably, a poor choice on his part.

If I'm a GM, I'm reading into this "he ran his best 40 ever at the combine and doesn't want to put his real time on tape." Who's giving him advice?
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
So at his pro day today, Moore improved his bench from a worrying 12 reps to a "low-side-of-acceptable" 19 reps, but he decided to stand on his 40 yard dash at the combine (4.95.) That second decision is, to put it charitably, a poor choice on his part.

If I'm a GM, I'm reading into this "he ran his best 40 ever at the combine and doesn't want to put his real time on tape." Who's giving him advice?
Maybe his hammy is still bothering him. Maybe he just hates running 40s. Doesn't change what he accomplished on the field, or make him a different player than he was a month ago.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael View Post
Maybe his hammy is still bothering him. Maybe he just hates running 40s. Doesn't change what he accomplished on the field, or make him a different player than he was a month ago.
If his hamstring is bothering him, why did he then run the short shuttle?

If he hates running 40s, then too bad he's applying for a job that potentially pays millions of dollars, suck it up.

You seem to be way more enamored with his tape than I am. I watched him, and I'm just not that impressed. Fourth tier guy on my board.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Moore's shuttle and 3 cone times were both in top 5 of the Combine. So, of 6 events, he finished top 5 in four of them. Ansah finished top five in one. No other DE finished top 5 in more than four of the six. His 19 lifts were the same as Pierre-Paul, who was 20 pounds heavier with the same height and arm length. Damontre beat every other of Pierre-Paul's Combine number except the 40. Wasn't JPP supposed to be a workout warrior? Isn't Ansah supposed to be a workout warrior.

Get your heads out of your butts over this. For everyone flapping about "not seeing it on tape", you know what? No one puts any value at all on your "eye for talent". None, zero, zilch. So save your breath.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post

Hey, 19 is pretty patheic for a 250 lb guy from a major program, but at least it shows he has done SOME work in the weightroom. 19 sucks for the most part, but 12 is totally unacceptable.

The 40 business... yikes. Not sure I want to touch that. 4.95 is horrid for his position and weight. Is there any proof that he has/had an injury?
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Moore's shuttle and 3 cone times were both in top 5 of the Combine. So, of 6 events, he finished top 5 in four of them. Ansah finished top five in one. No other DE finished top 5 in more than four of the six. His 19 lifts were the same as Pierre-Paul, who was 20 pounds heavier with the same height and arm length. Damontre beat every other of Pierre-Paul's Combine number except the 40. Wasn't JPP supposed to be a workout warrior? Isn't Ansah supposed to be a workout warrior.

Get your heads out of your butts over this. For everyone flapping about "not seeing it on tape", you know what? No one puts any value at all on your "eye for talent". None, zero, zilch. So save your breath.
I with this guy. Moore has shown in two different conferences that he can be a top pass rusher. He's going to fall right into a team like Pitt, where he'll then put up 11 sacks as a rookie.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still think he is a good player.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bornnraisedwhodat
Rookie

bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch he comes into the league and is straight beast mode. The guy can play football.
bornnraisedwhodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

DM was up to 260 at his pro day, so I guess the interviewers told him he will play DE more than OLB. Showed good agility for a 6-5, 260 pounder. May still run his 40 at a later date according to Tony Pauline.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

19 is not weak, it's perfectly acceptable. I posted in another thread that I figured he is a young guy that went straight from playing a full college season to prepping for the combine and just overworked himself.

Not running the 40 again is puzzling. He's got to be faster than what he showed that the Combine. But if so, why not run? Just weird.

I still strongly doubt he falls past the first 25ish picks. Based on what I've seen though he's not that great coming out of a 3 point stance so I still expect 3-4 teams to have interest in him as a stand-up rusher.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Moore won the Raphael Award, though.
That's extremely apparent.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Hey, 19 is pretty patheic for a 250 lb guy from a major program, but at least it shows he has done SOME work in the weightroom. 19 sucks for the most part, but 12 is totally unacceptable.

The 40 business... yikes. Not sure I want to touch that. 4.95 is horrid for his position and weight. Is there any proof that he has/had an injury?
I really don't know what to malke of him but he's not likely to go top 20 any longer, but I did observe at the Combine that he pulled up lame in his second 40.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

He was running in the 4.7 range in training. I think most NFL scouts give him that. He and Joeckel should go 1-2 in this draft. In no particular order. Geno Smith is right there too.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to mr. Mayock, Moore tweaked his hamstring during on-field drills and that's why he didn't run the 40
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems to have a tender hammy now a days.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Seems to have a tender hammy now a days.
Miles Austin syndrome
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Still think he is a good player.
Short and sweet, I completely agree with this. Would like to see what a coach like Gus Bradley in Jacksonville could do with him.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

It seemed doubtful that his hamstring would be healed. The Combine was only 10 days ago. Props to DM for toughing it out in the tests he did. His agility times pretty impressive for a guy with a tender hamstring.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I think more of Moore than some of you, I'm not real impressed with his first step. Seemed like one of the last to react to the snap. I think that is partially youth (older players showed in tests that their reaction time is significantly faster) and it may also just be who he is as a player. I don't think him playing standing up will be a problem. He's going to benefit a lot from solid coaching wherever he goes. I wonder if he wouldn't have benefitted from staying in school another year. I understand why he didn't though.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth96 View Post
thats like being the principal of a homeschool.
No, it's like being Minister Of Education of a homeschool.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
Short and sweet, I completely agree with this. Would like to see what a coach like Gus Bradley in Jacksonville could do with him.
Gus preaches speed though. That might rule out Moore in Jax. But he is such a great character, maybe he and Gus connect at some other level.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
While I think more of Moore than some of you, I'm not real impressed with his first step. Seemed like one of the last to react to the snap. I think that is partially youth (older players showed in tests that their reaction time is significantly faster) and it may also just be who he is as a player. I don't think him playing standing up will be a problem. He's going to benefit a lot from solid coaching wherever he goes. I wonder if he wouldn't have benefitted from staying in school another year. I understand why he didn't though.
The bold is what I talked about earlier this year in this thread. He doesn't seem to explode off the edge with confidence. Seems a little sluggish to start. Like you, I think that can be fixed easily. However, he doesn't have the acceleration of players like Dion Jordan. He does have good hands and bend around OTs. Regardless of all the knocks on him, I would love to see him get drafted by the Colts in the 1st.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my biggest knock on Moore is that I'am not sure if he wants to be an nfl player, or just get paid like one. Some of his recent actions need to be questioned.
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was running in the 4.7 range in training. I think most NFL scouts give him that. He and Joeckel should go 1-2 in this draft. In no particular order. Geno Smith is right there too.
FutureScout, is that you?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote