Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:54 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Top 5 of Each Position (Defense)

4-3

DE
1.Jared Allen
2.Julius Peppers
3.Jason Pierre Paul
4.Jason Babin
5.Trent Cole

DT
1.Ndamukong Suh
2.Kevin Williams
3.Geno Atkins
4.Richard Seymour
5.Henry Melton / Karl Klug / Jurrell Casey (tie)

OLB
1.Von Miller
2.Lance Briggs
3.Sean Weatherspoon
4.Chad Greenway
5.Daryl Smith

MLB
1.Brian Urlacher
2.D’Qwell Jackson
3.Curtis Lofton
4.London Fletcher
5.James Laurinaitis

3-4

DE
1.Haloti Ngata
2.Justin Smith
3.JJ Watt
4.Calais Campbell
5.Ray McDonald

NT
1.Vince Wilfork
2.BJ Raji
3.Sione Pouha
4.Jay Ratliff
5.Cam Thomas

OLB
1.Terrell Suggs
2.DeMarcus Ware
3.Clay Matthews
4.Tamba Hali
5.Aldon Smith

ILB
1.Patrick Willis
2.Jerod Mayo
3.Lawrence Timmons
4.Navorro Bowman
5.Sean Lee

CB
1.Darrelle Revis
2.Nnamdi Asomugah
3.Jonathon Joseph
4.Ladarius Webb
5.Joe Haden

S
1.Ed Reed
2.Adrian Wilson
3.Eric Weddle
4.Troy Polamalu
5.Kam Chancellor

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Scotty D : 05-11-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:01 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't really pay attention to the top 5 offensive players thread. Is this top 5 this season? or top 5 overall?

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:12 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
I didn't really pay attention to the top 5 offensive players thread. Is this top 5 this season? or top 5 overall?
Top 5 overall. Not really a prediction of the Top 5 players for next season but its more if you held a gun to my head and told me to list the Top 5 players right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-11-2012, 07:22 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4-3 Defensive Ends:
1. Jared Allen
2. Trent Cole
3. Julius Peppers
4. Jason Pierre-Paul
5. Charles Johnson
  • Trent Cole is extremely underrated, still. He doesn't get his due when people talk about elite defensive ends because people still put him beneath Allen, Peppers and now Jason Pierre-Paul. He's just as good, if not better. He's had 55 sacks the past 5 years (and never less than 9 in a season) and he's also one of the best run stoppers in the NFL at his spot. The only pass rushers who beat those numbers are DeMarcus Ware and Jared Allen.
  • I put Charles Johnson at #5 because IMO he's the best combination of run stopping / pass rushing out of all the 4-3 ends after the top 4. 20.5 sacks the past two seasons along with 102 tackles.

4-3 DT
1. Geno Atkins
2. Kevin Williams
3. Richard Seymour
4. Ahtyba Rubin
5. Brodrick Bunkley
  • Brodrick Bunkley is one of those guys you don't appreciate until he's gone. He's an absolute animal in run support. Look at the Eagles rush defense before Bunkley started, look at what happened when he took over as a starter and look what happened when he was traded away (the numbers reflect his presence). Then look at the numbers in Denver. He. Just. Stops. The. Run. Incredibly strong. He'll improve the Saints' running game and he'll free up Curtis Lofton to do what the Saints are paying him to do. Bunkley is really an under the radar player who deserves more respect.

4-3 OLB
1. Sean Weatherspoon
2. Daryl Smith
3. Von Miller
4. Lance Briggs
5. Chad Greenway

3-4 DE
1. Justin Smith
2. Calais Campbell
3. JJ Watt
4. Haloti Ngata
5. Ray McDonald

3-4 NT
1. Sione Pouha
2. Vince Wilfork
3. Jay Ratliff
4. Casey Hampton
5. Paul Soliai

3-4 OLB
1. Clay Matthews
2. Terrell Suggs
3. James Harrison
4. DeMarcus Ware
5. Cameron Wake
  • Clay Matthews didn't show up on the stat sheet like he did last year but make no mistake, the dude is an animal. Best athlete at 3-4 OLB in the NFL. He can do it all. He can be a terror off the edge when rushing the passer and he's the best coverage 3-4 OLB in the NFL.

MLB
1. Patrick Willis
2. London Fletcher
3. Brian Cushing
4. Navarro Bowman
5. Daryl Washington / Lawrence Timmons
  • London Fletcher is STILL criminally underrated. This guy ages like wine. He's so crafty on the field. He led the NFL in tackles and stops last year. He had the second lowest passer rating when thrown at out of any ILB. He had the second lowest completion % when thrown at out of any ILB. He's an all around player who makes plays in all facets of the game and he is a veteran leader for the Redskins defense. The man is still an absolute stud. He really looks like he could play well into his forties. Also, just to blow your mind a little bit, Fletcher hasn't missed a game in his NFL career (that's 224 games). Think about that, a linebacker that has been active for 224 consecutive games. Linebackers take so much punishment and Fletcher hasn't missed a game, now look him in the eyes and tell him you can't play because your hammy hurts.
  • Ray Lewis is still awesome but he's not the dynamic playmaker he used to be. He'll still fill the heck out of a gap, be the heart and soul of a defense and play his heart out but he's not a game changer anymore. 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 2 TFL, 7 passes defended and 1 interception last year. Maybe it's just because I have a soft spot for athleticism but I'd take young, dynamic playmakers like Daryl Washington and Lawrence Timmons over an old Ray Lewis. Daryl Washington had 5 sacks, 2 interceptions, 7 passes defended and 11 TFL loss last year. Lawrence Timmons had a down year last year b/c he moved around more but in the two years prior he had 10 sacks, 6 forced fumbles, 2 interceptions, 13 passes defended and 14 TFL.

CB:
1. Darrelle Revis
2. Nnamdi Asomugha
3. Jonathan Joseph
4. Brent Grimes
5. Brandon Flowers
  • When do we start talking about Revis as an all-time great?
  • People saying Nnamdi had a down year are out of their minds. He led the NFL in snaps per target (11.5) and he was 5th in the NFL in yards/coverage snap (.7 yards per coverage snap). Still shutdown. Victor Cruz is pretty much his kryptonite though.
  • I anticipate adding Patrick Peterson to the top 3 of this list next year.

Safety
1. Ed Reed
2. Troy Polamalu
3. Eric Weddle
4. Tyvon Branch
5. Jairus Byrd
  • I'm going with conventional wisdom on this one. Ed Reed is still dangerous as hell in deep coverage. Troy Polamalu might not be as agile in coverage but he's got a nose for the ball and he's a difference maker in run support. These two are the top two for now but they've got a heap of young safeties ready to make the leap behind them.
  • Tyvon Branch is the best man coverage safety in the NFL. Runs like a corner and he's not afraid to stick his nose in there in run support. Just a beast.
  • Jairus Byrd is a poor man's Ed Reed. He's not a strong run supporter but if you target him deep, he can make you pay. Rangy center field type FS.
  • And there are a couple younger players who I think are right on the cusp of making this list like Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, Nate Allen, Kam Chancellor and Malcolm Jenkins. They've all got the talent, all they need is a big season.

Last edited by Bixby (Thumper) : 05-15-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No offense, but Kiwi's not even the best OLB on his own team, hell Jacquain Williams is closer t o Kiwi than Kiwi is to Boley. He's a great run stuffer and is a good DE, but he's not that good as just a 4-3 OLB. Boley BTW should be in these lists, he's one of the few LBs that can really man up and shutdown the freak TEs that tore the NFL a new asshole this year. He's not a great run stuffer, but he's good there and a great pass rusher.

I'll try and post mine after work.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
No offense, but Kiwi's not even the best OLB on his own team, hell Jacquain Williams is closer t o Kiwi than Kiwi is to Boley. He's a great run stuffer and is a good DE, but he's not that good as just a 4-3 OLB. Boley BTW should be in these lists, he's one of the few LBs that can really man up and shutdown the freak TEs that tore the NFL a new asshole this year. He's not a great run stuffer, but he's good there and a great pass rusher.

I'll try and post mine after work.
I messed up with schemes and had to make a change. He got bumped off but you make good points.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-11-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boley and Bulluck were on the same team at one time.... If only KB didnt shred his knee, that would probably be the best coverage LBer units of all-time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:05 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yay, new more eagles homers, just what we need!

i like Scotty's list, I'd say Corey Webster is better than Webb, don't think Webb's top 5, but other than that, very solid list. I might post my own
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
3-4 OLB
1. Clay Matthews
2. Terrell Suggs
3. James Harrison
4. DeMarcus Ware
5. Cameron Wake
  • Clay Matthews didn't show up on the stat sheet like he did last year but make no mistake, the dude is an animal. Best athlete at 3-4 OLB in the NFL. He can do it all. He can be a terror off the edge when rushing the passer and he's the best coverage 3-4 OLB in the NFL.
I'm not saying he isn't, but it is certainly debatable as he isn't clearly the best 3-4 OLB in coverage. Both Suggs and Ware are no slouches and last year in the playoffs, Suggs man covered Dre at times during the game.

Just saying

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 05-11-2012, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
yay, new more eagles homers, just what we need!

i like Scotty's list, I'd say Corey Webster is better than Webb, don't think Webb's top 5, but other than that, very solid list. I might post my own
Webb actually reminds me a lot of Webster. He flys under the radar like Webster but he is that good. I don't have a problem with him top 5. I've also come to the point where I don't care where Webster ends up on these rankings. We know he's great and that's all I care about. It's like the Eli situation.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeney and Mathis dropped off everyone's list? I understand cause they are getting up in age and it was a rough year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

4-3

DE
1.Jared Allen
2.Jason Pierre Paul
3.Jason Babin
4. Chris Long
5.Trent Cole

DT
1.Ndamukong Suh
2.Kevin Williams
3.Geno Atkins
4.Athyba Rubin
5. Cullen Jenkins

OLB
1.Von Miller
2.Lance Briggs
3.Sean Weatherspoon
4.Chad Greenway
5.Daryl Smith

I can't even argue with the OP on 4-3 OLB, it's pretty accurate

MLB
1.D’Qwell Jackson
2.London Fletcher
3.James Laurinaitis
4. David Hawthorne
5. Brian Urlacher

Urlacher is being a little overrated in his old age but you can't keep him off a top 5 list

3-4

DE
1.Justin Smith
2. Haloti Ngata
3.JJ Watt
4.Calais Campbell
5.Ray McDonald

NT
1.Vince Wilfork
2. Sione Pouha
3. Isaac Sapoaga
4. Paul Soliai
5. Casey Hampton

OLB
1.Terrell Suggs
2.DeMarcus Ware
3. Clay Matthews III
4. Aldon Smith
5. Tamba Hali

ILB
1.Patrick Willis
2. Brian Cushing
3. David Harris
4.Navorro Bowman
5. Ray Lewis

Lewis may be slipping and close to retirement, but like Urlacher, you can't make a list without him.

CB
1.Darrelle Revis
2.Nnamdi Asomugah
3.Jonathon Joseph
4.Ladarius Webb
5.Joe Haden

Again can't argue with the OP here

S
1.Ed Reed
2.Adrian Wilson
3.Eric Weddle
4.Troy Polamalu
5.Kam Chancellor

Same here

EDIT: Justin Smith over Haloti Ngata

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 05-14-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am gonna have to think about 43 linebackers, but i got 34 linebackers and both defenses dlines

4-3

DE
1.Julius Peppers
2.Jared Allen
3.Dwight Freeney
4.Mario Williams
5.Jason Pierre Paul

DT
1.Ndamukong Suh
2.Kevin Williams
3.Richard Seymour
4.Marcel Dareus
5.Kyle Williams

3-4

DE
1.Haloti Ngata
2.Justin Smith
3.JJ Watt
4.Darnell Dockett
5.Brett Keisel

NT
1.Vince Wilfork
2.BJ Raji
3.Sione Pouha
4.Jay Ratliff
5.??????

OLB
1.Demarcus Ware
2.James Harrison
3.Clay Matthews
4.Tamba Hali
5.Lamaar Woodley

ILB
1.Patrick Willis
2.Jerod Mayo
3.Brian Cushing
4.David Harris
5.Lawrence Timmons

CB
1.Darrelle Revis
2.Nnamdi Asomugah
3.Asante Samuel
4.Joe Haden
5.Jonathan Joseph

S
1.Ed Reed
2.Eric Berry
3.Troy Polamalu
4.Malcolm Jenkins
5.Antrel Rolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Webb actually reminds me a lot of Webster. He flys under the radar like Webster but he is that good. I don't have a problem with him top 5. I've also come to the point where I don't care where Webster ends up on these rankings. We know he's great and that's all I care about. It's like the Eli situation.
By what objective measure is Corey Webster great?

Webster is good, no doubt but are you Giants fans really going to get your panties in a bunch because people aren't saying he's top 5? There is literally no argument you could make that would say he's top 5. Top 15? Absolutely. Top 10? Sure, you could argue that. But top 5? Eh..
Old 05-11-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Webster is good, no doubt but are you Giants fans really going to get your panties in a bunch because people aren't saying he's top 5? There is literally no argument you could make that would say he's top 5. Top 15? Absolutely. Top 10? Sure, you could argue that. But top 5? Eh..
Did I say Webster belongs in the top 5? Umm no I didn't. I just said no one ranks him properly when doing CB rankings. You've been around for only 10 minutes but we used to have posters leaving him out of top 10 and 15 rankings. Like I said I don't care at this point and yes I think he's great. Since the 07 playoff run he's shut down pretty much every WR on him except for Vincent Jackson and a few other taller WR's. If I had to put a rank on him I'd say he's in the 6-8 range. You're not fooling anyone JBCX.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Did I say Webster belongs in the top 5? Umm no I didn't. I just said no one ranks him properly when doing CB rankings.
This is a thread about the "top five at each position (defense)", no? If you don't think Webster belongs in the top five then why are you complaining about people not respecting him?
Old 05-11-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

what? After your homer list you're coming out with this? I said i feel he's better than Webb, that's it. And with webb in the top 5, it'd put Webster there. He's borderline top 5, I just feel he's better than webb, although webb is a superb corner.

How many accounts are you going to make?
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Quote:
what? After your homer list you're coming out with this? I said i feel he's better than Webb, that's it. And with webb in the top 5, it'd put Webster there. He's borderline top 5, I just feel he's better than webb, although webb is a superb corner.
I wasn't actually going to take issue with your homer comment but since you're bringing it up again... How am I a homer for listing Trent Cole and Nnamdi Asomugha as top five players at their positions? I had more Cowboys (Ratliff, Ware, Carr) on my lists than Eagles.

EDIT: Additionally, two others had Cole in their top 5 and three out of three lists made already (not by me) had Nnamdi in their top 5. Clearly I'm just a crazed homer though. Wtf.

Quote:
What?

Last edited by Bixby (Thumper) : 05-11-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Cole over JPP and mainly Peppers

Bunkley top 5. He's the same as webster, excellent player, top 10, but not top 5.
Quote:
Old 05-11-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I don't know if I'd put Pepp in my top 5 DEs. I have to think about it.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, let me rephrase that. He's not a top 5 edge guy. By edge guy I'm grouping 4-3 DEs along with 3-4 OLBs.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he might not show up as a top sack guy consistently, but every single time i watch him he makes a ridiculous impact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

When his motor is on. If Peppers motor was on all the time he'd be a HOFer and arguably in a GOAT conversation.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:

As a Ravens fan I have to agree with this.

Webster has put up more seasons of note when putting them in a list for top 5 overall.

Other than this year, Webb has been a nickel/dime guy.

If this is an overall list, Webb may not even belong on it

If we are making the list based on this year alone, Webb is probably top 5 but if its this year alone I need to change my list.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 05-11-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

My reputation took a huge hit bec I did this top 5 OFF . So please be kind

DE
1.Allen
2.Peppers
3.JPP
4.Cole
5.Willaims

DT
1.Suh
2.Ngata
3.K.Williams
4.Wilfork