Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-16-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've only had the point of view of Robert and he was in love with Lyanna. Of course he's going to say that she was taken against her will. Its known that Rhaegar loved her and did not murder her.

Its the same as if a Lannister would say that Ned Stark was a traitorous dog.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lyanna must have been one fine ass lady
Old 04-16-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Rhaegar died on the Trident, Lyanna died later on.
The events around that whole Rebellion are still a mystery.

I'm leaning towards Lyanna being into Rhaegar and going with him willingly, as it's well known that she wasn't crazy about marrying Robert.

But that is also just a theory at this point.

The only thing known is that Lyanna disappeared with Rhaegar and was found in a pool of blood by Ned.

Hopefully more is revealed later in the series.

Last edited by MaxV : 04-16-2013 at 03:47 PM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When was this discussed in teh show?...not being a dick, just can't remember...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
When was this discussed in teh show?...not being a dick, just can't remember...
At the beginning, when Robert visited Winterfell.

As soon as he got there he asked Ned to take him down to the Crypts, where Lyanna is buried.

Also, later when Robert and Ned were talking about Dany marrying Drogo.

Last edited by MaxV : 04-16-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
The events around that whole Rebellion are still a mystery.

I'm leaning towards Lyanna being into Rhaegar and going with him willingly, as it's well known that she wasn't crazy about marrying Robert.

But that is also just a theory at this point.

The only thing known is that Lyanna disappeared with Rhaegar and was found in a pool of blood by Ned.

Hopefully more is revealed later in the series.
Rhaegar was killed by Robert on the Trident. From there the Baratheon army moved onto King's Landing, now occupied from the Targaryens. From there, Ned led a smaller force down south to end the siege at Storm's End. By the the time the siege had been lifted and Ned had found his sister, she was dying, albeit still alive. He obviously wouldn't have reached her until weeks to months after the Battle of the Trident. Rhaegar obviously could not have killed Lyanna.

And Rosebud, just searching the GoT wiki, it appears a lot this back story was covered in the episode Lord Snow (S01E03). But a lot of it also simply littered throughout the series (for instance a lot about the siege is learned from Stannis' and Davos' stories).

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 04-16-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, Robert sure as heck thought so, and Ned didn't dispute him.

Robert - "In my dreams I kill him every night."
Ned - "It's done. The Targaryens are dead."

Again, we don't know what happened with that whole story. Maybe Lyanna was tortured. That's pretty much what is assumed by most characters.

Last edited by MaxV : 04-16-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, Robert sure as heck thought so, and Ned didn't dispute him.

Robert - "In my dreams I kill him every night."
Ned - "It's done. The Targaryens are dead."

Again, we don't know what happened with that whole story. Maybe Lyanna was tortured. That's pretty much what is assumed by most characters.
I'm not sure what about either line indicates Rhaegar must have killed her. After all, we know Robert both wanted to and did kill Rhaegar before he ever knew Lyanna was dead.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 04-16-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Also Cigaro, I'm confused by the statement "Baratheon Army moving onto King's Landing."

I thought it was Ned that arrived at King's Landing to find Jaime on the throne starring down at Mad King's corpse.

I think Robert was wounded by Rhaegar and had to stay behind.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also Cigaro, I'm confused by the statement "Baratheon Army moving onto King's Landing."

I thought it was Ned that arrived at King's Landing to find Jaime on the throne starring down at Mad King's corpse.

That much I can assure you was discussed in the show.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Perhaps, I was simply glossing over the series of events to illustrate that Rhaegar died both a while before and a ways away from Lyanna and thus couldn't have possibly killed her.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 04-16-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
That much I can assure you was discussed in the show.
All of it was discussed, just in bits and pieces. Kinda hard to follow really. I'm still confused by that story and all the events behind it.

But it is very interesting and I wish the show had some flashback moments.

I actually read somewhere that originally they hired an actor to play the Mad King (probably a flashback of Jaime whacking him), but the scene wasn't used. Too bad really.

Last edited by MaxV : 04-16-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope they go ahead and make that spin-off series based on Robert's Rebellion. I heard murmurs about it about a month ago.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont, Martin doesnt need anymore distractions, dude needs to keep writing so the show doesnt catch up to him

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I dont, Martin doesnt need anymore distractions, dude needs to keep writing so the show doesnt catch up to him
This. It took almost 6 years to go from book 4 to 5. I don't want to wait another 6 years for the next book. And I don't want him to go the way of Robert Jordan and die before he ever finishes the series.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He better write a ******* outline if it even gets close to that.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I hope they go ahead and make that spin-off series based on Robert's Rebellion. I heard murmurs about it about a month ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
It might be a side track to allow Martin more time. Kinda like what Spartacus had to do.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
He better write a ******* outline if it even gets close to that.
He's already informed the showrunners the general course of events that is supposed to occur in case he dies.

As for the show, broth is correct, it may ultimately be necessary for some sort of deviation from the main storyline in order to allow Martin enough time. That being said, simpler solutions such as splitting the third book into two seasons may also help. We've got at least three more seasons before we would hit the six book, and that is affording the last two books only a season apiece.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 04-16-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasn't the third book already supposed to be split into 2 seasons, therefore making this season part 1? Not that it really matters in this thread, but it would make it so the series is at least one season longer. I haven't read the book so I have no idea.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Wasn't the third book already supposed to be split into 2 seasons, therefore making this season part 1? Not that it really matters in this thread, but it would make it so the series is at least one season longer.
Yes, book three is being split into two seasons. One key concern, aging for the younger characters may present a problem, as obviously its going to be drawn out for far longer than the books actual timespan.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 04-16-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Yes, book three is being split into two seasons. One key concern, aging for the younger characters may present a problem, as obviously its going to be drawn out for far longer than the books actual timespan.
Sweet. The more GoT the better.

In regards to the age of the actors, it will probably only be an issue for the young characters (Bran, Rickon, Arya). Those actors might have to be replaced at some point. I wouldn't really care if Bran or Rickon were replaces, but Arya is awesome so that one would be a bit tougher.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 04-16-2013 at 05:49 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anyone would even notice if they replaced Rickon.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind a mini-series spin-off of Robert's Rebellion... Could be great. They don't necessarily have to use the same actors, Robert Jordan doesn't have to write it, and bring back Sean Bean.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

The quick aging of young actors is already noticeable.

Sensa looked a foot taller then Littlefinger when they were talking.

Arya also clearly had a growth spurt.

Bran looks the same, but then again, he doesn't have to walk.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually thought the difference in Bran was the most striking...