Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-05-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could totally see Littlfinger selling out the realm to the Bravosi down the line.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't underestimate Littlefinger.

Remember what Varys said about him to Lady Olenna?

"He would burn the whole realm, if he could be King of the ashes."

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
tyrion lannister playing Chinese checkers or 3D chess then.
Tywin shits all over Tyrion, kinda makes me mad that he is the most popular character when is sadly one of the most boring

Though Shae can be blamed for 99% of that
Old 06-05-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shae is the worst. Bronn is the best.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Right before they attacked Walder Frey said that he owed his new king and queen a wedding gift. Kinda makes me think that he was in on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
People do crazy things when they think their life is on the line.

I don't think Edmure was in on it but his Uncle might have been.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Edmuire definitely wasn't in on it, neither was the Blackfish. He left to take a piss during the scene, that's how he escaped the massacre. It makes perfect sense for the Frey/Bolton/Lannister alliance to marry Edmuire to Frey's daughter and keep him as a hostage for the remainder of the war. They felled the Starks and married themselves into control of the Riverlands in one fell swoop. I guess we know who Tywin's been writing letters to all season long.
Isn't it possible that Edmure was killed too and they just didn't show it?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked how some posters here admitted they themselves were completely shocked by the Red Wedding, and then criticized Robb for not seeing it coming.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I liked how some posters here admitted they themselves were completely shocked by the Red Wedding, and then criticized Robb for not seeing it coming.
I can understand that criticism even though I wouldn't have made it. Considering Rob is a character within the show and they are viewers with the perspective and biases of a tv viewer. Rob proved himself to be an able warrior but a very poor political thinker. When you consider all the mistakes he made with marrying talisa, killing karstark, wasting time going to his grandfathers funeral instead of focusing on the battle. Combined with Caetlyn freeing Jamie, the deal was sealed. I didn't fully see it coming, but I didn't like how easy it all was. At the beginning of the deal I was very sucpicious, but then the show lulled me in and surprised me in the moment. A character like Tywin, Littlefiner, Varus, etc would never have accepted a situation like that at face value.

From season 2 when I learned about Bolton's family symbol being the flayed man and learning that Ned had banned it, I wondered how the Bolton's could be trusted at all. If the essence of your house is flaying not only are you a sadistic untrustworthy house, banning it would be a huge dishonor/slap in the face. I actually thought, in the moment, that Bolton would try to take Caetlyn as his wife for some reason rather than kill her.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am kind of suprised from everything else we've heard about what happens to women in war that Cat was just killed. Wouldn't have been unplausible at all for someone to take her hostage or rape her that night.

But the ending of that episode was so awesome. I remember just sitting there in stunned silence. But after watching it happen, it shouldn't have surprised me at all. So many signs pointed to it, but I didn't pick up on them at all until afterward. Guess the same came be said for Robb.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I can understand that criticism even though I wouldn't have made it. Considering Rob is a character within the show and they are viewers with the perspective and biases of a tv viewer. Rob proved himself to be an able warrior but a very poor political thinker. When you consider all the mistakes he made with marrying talisa, killing karstark, wasting time going to his grandfathers funeral instead of focusing on the battle. Combined with Caetlyn freeing Jamie, the deal was sealed. I didn't fully see it coming, but I didn't like how easy it all was. At the beginning of the deal I was very sucpicious, but then the show lulled me in and surprised me in the moment. A character like Tywin, Littlefiner, Varus, etc would never have accepted a situation like that at face value.
Marrying Talisa was a mistake. But I think you can quickly realize the average TV viewer is no smarter than Robb when it came to this marriage. Robb was completely aware that shunning the Frey girl would be a costly mistake, its not like he was oblivious. And if you go back, I'm sure you'll see many posters saying yep, that was the wrong move. But you'll also see how quickly most TV viewers forgot about it. How after the decision was made, pretty much no one mentioned it from there on until after this most recent episode, when hindsight was their ally. You'll notice none of the posters here commenting before the episode that Robb should be wary of trusting the Freys because of what he pulled.

Quite simply, the TV viewers who have condemned Robb for this apparent obvious mistake were just as oblivious themselves. The fact is, the Red Wedding is unprecedented in Westerosi history. I'm sure someone may want to whip out a Littlefinger or Cersei quote about the figurative game of thrones and talk about how Robb could and should have never trusted anyone, but that's because they're TV viewers given a convenient lens to analyze how things are occurring. In addition, he ate the Frey's bread, in the Frey's house. Guest right is perhaps the most sacred right in Westeros. As I said before, the ignoring of it in such a manner is completely unprecedented in the entirety of the history of Westeros.

As for Karstark, Robb was left with no good choice. If he kills Karstark as he did, he'll lose the Karstark support, and TV viewers will sit there and criticize him for that. Yet TV viewers are apparently quite quick to forgot how blatantly Karstark disregarded Robb's orders, in front of him and Robb's other bannermen. Perhaps TV viewers don't care that if Karstark had lived, Robb would have surrendered all legitimacy over his bannermen, and would have been subject to their less tactical and more impulsive and rash approach to war. Karstark is the one who deserves all of the blame for how that sequence of events unfolded, it was him who forced his liege lord into such an unnecessarily damning predicament.

As for the funeral, I may be forgetting something, but I fail to see what mistake was supposedly committed there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
From season 2 when I learned about Bolton's family symbol being the flayed man and learning that Ned had banned it, I wondered how the Bolton's could be trusted at all. If the essence of your house is flaying not only are you a sadistic untrustworthy house, banning it would be a huge dishonor/slap in the face. I actually thought, in the moment, that Bolton would try to take Caetlyn as his wife for some reason rather than kill her.
Sadistic and untrustworthy are two completely different things. The Bolton's may have previously proved themselves cruel to their enemies, but that does not automatically mean they are not loyal to their allies. In addition, even if he did distrust the Bolton's, that's not really to relevant to the outcome of the Red Wedding.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-05-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think Bolton was loyal to Robb until he realized that they weren't going to win.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 06-05-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boltons line about getting rich off his wife was at least a sign that he'd side with the winners/money. Returning Jamie and then this, Bolton has assured a spot on the obvious winners side in his eyes.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last edited by Naga114 : 06-05-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Naga114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Shae is the worst. Bronn is the best.
If Shae disappeared, Tyrion would be so much more ******* awesome right now. She's the worst character on the show now that Cat is dead.

Isn't Tyrion technically Lord of Winterfell at the moment?

Last edited by nepg : 06-05-2013 at 08:30 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
If Shae disappeared, Tyrion would be so much more ******* awesome right now. She's the worst character on the show now that Cat is dead.

Isn't Tyrion technically Lord of Winterfell at the moment?
I think Brann holds that honor. Although people think he's dead and thus yes Tyrion could man Winterfell.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't it possible Tywin gave Winterfell to Frey or Bolton?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the winner

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think Roose's bastard is currently in control of Winterfell and he already had control of the Dreadfort and Harrenhal
Old 06-05-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
No wai. Tywin wants more direct control over the North.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

That might be Tywins long term plan, but I can see Bolton being expected to ride North and fight the Greyjoys with the promise of control in the North later.

At this point it looks like his long term plan is Tyrion in the North, Cersei in the South, and Jamie in the West out of Casterly Rock.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 06-06-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
That might be Tywins long term plan, but I can see Bolton being expected to ride North and fight the Greyjoys with the promise of control in the North later.

At this point it looks like his long term plan is Tyrion in the North, Sansa in the South, and Jamie in the West out of Casterly Rock.
You probably mean Cersei.

Tywin has an alliance with Highgarden and Dourn in the South, but none of the Lannisters are in charge there.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 06-05-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post

Tywin has an alliance with Highgarden and Dourn in the South, but none of the Lannisters are in charge there.
They are attempting to marry Loras to Cerci so while she isn't in charge she will be in a significant power position.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:38 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Boltons line about getting rich off his wife was at least a sign that he'd side with the winners/money. Returning Jamie and then this, Bolton has assured a spot on the obvious winners side in his eyes.
No, it's not. I don't know why people are hellbent on trying to come up with reasons why the Boltons were "obviously untrustworthy". Think back to when Walder Frey presented all of his potential wives. There wasn't a single attractive one among them. The fact is no one willingly marries a Frey. It always a part of some deal. Robb didn't want to marry one, Edmure didn't want to marry one, and Roose didn't want to marry one. Robb simply didn't marry one, Edmure simply lucked out because Walder wanted to spite Robb, and Roose simply choose the one who gave him the most money. Roose's approach wasn't much different from either Robb's or Edmure's.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-06-2013, 06:40 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post

Yea Cersei. Marrying Loras and moving there. Though it doesn't seen he thinks very highly of his kids at this point, so he might not even want them to be anything more than pawns to get allies.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:42 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
No, it's not. I don't know why people are hellbent on trying to come up with reasons why the Boltons were "obviously untrustworthy". Think back to when Walder Frey presented all of his potential wives. There wasn't a single attractive one among them. The fact is no one willingly marries a Frey. It always a part of some deal. Robb didn't want to marry one, Edmure didn't want to marry one, and Roose didn't want to marry one. Robb simply didn't marry one, Edmure simply lucked out because Walder wanted to spite Robb, and Roose simply choose the one who gave him the most money. Roose's approach wasn't much different from either Robb's or Edmure's.
I didn't say anything about him being "obviously untrustworthy," so no idea why that's in quotes. The point was in hindsight, signs were there that make it not really come out of no where.