Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
How are people calling him a straight shooter when he can't even look Chad ****ing Johnson (one of the biggest clowns in the league) in the eye as an authority figure and tell him to fall in line (or in the last episode, fire him) without pussyfooting around the issue for 10 minutes?

His wife must've been his first girlfriend because there's no way he's ever broken up with someone before. And this was a guy he hated from the start. How long is it going to take him to cut Garrard next year? 3 days?
I'll just say that was a delicate situation and obviously emotional for Chad. I think the players will turn to turn their vets for leadership and I think they are starting to rally around Tannehill. I mean look at the segment with the offensive line, Philbin doesn't have to go in there and fire those guys up. Philbin just has to pick and choose his spots to motivate. He's not going to be Mike Singletary or Rex Ryan all the time but I don't think that's necessary.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I'll just say that was a delicate situation and obviously emotional for Chad. I think the players will turn to turn their vets for leadership and I think they are starting to rally around Tannehill. I mean look at the segment with the offensive line, Philbin doesn't have to go in there and fire those guys up. Philbin just has to pick and choose his spots to motivate. He's not going to be Mike Singletary or Rex Ryan all the time but I don't think that's necessary.
You don't need to have a "rah rah" coach to be successful in the NFL. It didn't help Mike Singletary and it didn't help Ray Rhodes. As long as you know what you are doing and have the right staff and players then it shouldn't matter if you are a hard ass or not.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Edit: The way that coach started the "bad news" about David Garrard, it sounded like Garrard's kid drowned. Not the best way to phrase that to Coach Philbin, of all people.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that. The way Philbin reacted initially you could tell that's what he was thinking also, and it was a ton of relief there once he realized it was an actual injury. I also feel really bad for Chad, I mean this is the first I've heard of him getting arrested ever, and he truly genuinly wanted this opportunity to prove himself. I at least wanted him to have this 1 last season to show something. He may be an asshole to a bunch of people but I would have been happy if he could have gotten a ring last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Bush came off spectacular last night.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I thought I was the only one who noticed that. The way Philbin reacted initially you could tell that's what he was thinking also, and it was a ton of relief there once he realized it was an actual injury. I also feel really bad for Chad, I mean this is the first I've heard of him getting arrested ever, and he truly genuinly wanted this opportunity to prove himself. I at least wanted him to have this 1 last season to show something. He may be an asshole to a bunch of people but I would have been happy if he could have gotten a ring last year.
i felt bad for chad too, never thought that would happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i felt bad for chad too, never thought that would happen
Why? For beating his wife?
Old 08-22-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Why? For beating his wife?
Ha, right?
Over on the Bengals board people "sympathize" with him or some ****.
Screw that. Dude beat his wife. Regardless of situation unless you are actually threatened by her physically (she is attacking you) the need to hit a woman is almost 0. Desire to? Different story.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Moore was so dejected when he was told Tannehill was going to be starting. You could see it in his face.

Quote:
Old 08-22-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moore came off really well also. True team player.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-22-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I liked how he angrily grabbed his water bottle when he was finished talking with his quarterbacks coach.

Quote:
Old 08-22-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shes a crazy *****, i dont feel bad for her. She probably head butted him.

I more felt bad for chad because HBO made the scene so ******* intense

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
shes a crazy *****, i dont feel bad for her. She probably head butted him.

I more felt bad for chad because HBO made the scene so ******* intense
I don't like or respect you. Just so you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

and now my e-feelings are hurt :-(

the high and mighty approach is fine, im not advocating the abuse of women but none of us were there and shes known for being a psychotic *****

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.

Last edited by K Train : 08-22-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

the high and mighty approach is fine, im not advocating the abuse of women but none of us were there and shes known for being a psychotic *****
You do know Chad plead to no contest to a domestic violence charge before? I'm also aware that you know that he has taken no steps in defending himself at all for his actions. But yes, lets blame that "psychotic *****" that we have never meet. After all, it is probably her fault.

Quote:
Old 08-22-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Unless she is either currently hitting or about to, there is no excuse for attacking a woman. None.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-22-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
You do know Chad plead to no contest to a domestic violence charge before? I'm also aware that you know that he has taken no steps in defending himself at all for his actions. But yes, lets blame that "psychotic *****" that we have never meet. After all, it is probably her fault.
Come on doughie.
you know those reality shows never manipulate people to seem like more of a ***** than they are.
/sarcasm

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-22-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need more of Jake Long's wife on this show:

And Les Brown's wife

Lauren Tannehill will suffice for now

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 08-22-2012 at 03:23 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Unless she is either currently hitting or about to, there is no excuse for attacking a woman. None.
my point is how do we know she wasnt? i wouldnt expect him to come out and say "but but but but she was hitting me first!!!!"

same thing with dez, his mom is the size of tyron smith and is an insane crack head thats been a problem for him since his birth. She could have hit him for hours before he snapped and smacked her with a hat, but all we get to hear is how hes a piece of **** for ever touching a women, let alone his mother!!!

maybe, just maybe give them the benefit of the doubt, i highly doubt chad johnson walked up to her and just slammed his head into hers with no warning. I would expect him to keep his mouth shut about it as she releases statements about how disappointed she is in his actions and him not owning up

anyyyywayyyy, my original statement was i felt bad for chad, during the scene, because HBO made it very intense and we knew it was coming, he was basically walking a plank....not because i give a **** about chad or his wife

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Also something else that really chaps my ass. That little "I'm not advocating the abuse of women" line you just dropped is ******* hilarious. A high number of domestic abuse cases are never reported because the victim often fears scrutiny because the person they accuse often is a "real nice guy" and the victim is either a little kid that doesn't know what there talking about or an adult that has had personal issues in their past and they probably did something to deserve it. Because of these retarted ******* remarks from people the victims can go years of not reporting abuse just to apease little people like you.

Quote:
Old 08-22-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
my point is how do we know she wasnt? i wouldnt expect him to come out and say "but but but but she was hitting me first!!!!"

same thing with dez, his mom is the size of tyron smith and is an insane crack head thats been a problem for him since his birth. She could have hit him for hours before he snapped and smacked her with a hat, but all we get to hear is how hes a piece of **** for ever touching a women, let alone his mother!!!

maybe, just maybe give them the benefit of the doubt, i highly doubt chad johnson walked up to her and just slammed his head into hers with no warning. I would expect him to keep his mouth shut about it as she releases statements about how disappointed she is in his actions and him not owning up

anyyyywayyyy, my original statement was i felt bad for chad, during the scene, because HBO made it very intense and we knew it was coming, he was basically walking a plank....not because i give a **** about chad or his wife
I really doubt a woman would use a headbutt as means of attacking a man. They more often than not go for more sensitive areas or scratch and claw.
She is apparently around 5-7. Chad is 6-1. She is not headbutting him.

There is nothing a woman can say to ever make hitting her alright. Then again I dont ever think hitting anyone over just words is right. So either she hit him first...or he hit her. They were apparently arguing over condom receipts in his car. She had every right to be pissed.

And if you didn't give a ****, you probably shouldn't have said anything.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-22-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Also something else that really chaps my ass. That little "I'm not advocating the abuse of women" line you just dropped is ******* hilarious. A high number of domestic abuse cases are never reported because the victim often fears scrutiny because the person they accuse often is a "real nice guy" and the victim is either a little kid that doesn't know what there talking about or an adult that has had personal issues in their past and they probably did something to deserve it. Because of these retarted ******* remarks from people the victims can go years of not reporting abuse just to apease little people like you.
A-*******-men.
Ive seen it personally.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-22-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
boo ******* hoo, people like me, gtfo of here with that ****. My mother is literally a combo of chads wife and dez's mom, she was married for money multiple times and is a psycho drug addict. The perfect combo of the two and as a kid i saw her beaten multiple times. I cant think of even one time where she didnt provoke it or go back to it by putting myself and her back into a position to have it happen again. I was even on my mothers side as a kid, and i can say she provoked it every single time, thats not saying it was right but its also not taking the high and mighty approach of poor little women couldnt have possibly done anything to provoke such actions. But i dont act like i was there when whatever went down between chad and his wife or dez and his mom because i ******* hated it when people would act like oh poor k trains mom, she is such a victim blah blah blah.

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Hey exception to virtually all the rules. Im gonna use you as an example.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-22-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
We need more of Jake Long's wife on this show:

And Les Brown's wife

Lauren Tannehill will suffice for now
is that really les browns wife? I saw she was hot (way hotter than i would have expected) but damn lol

also, i think jake long could hold her in the palm of his hand and bring her places

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.

Last edited by K Train : 08-22-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Long's wife is the hottest. I think that's Browns gf not wife.

sig by BoneKrusher