Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-02-2012, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel so bad for laughing. Not really.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I feel so bad for laughing. Not really.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be extremely painful...

You're a big guy

...for you

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tom Hardy was great but Bane was more great writing than acting.
i disagree. hardy bulking up to looking like a "world's strongest man" contestant alone was impressive, and his voice was really creepy. he wasn't just "cut" big, he was hulking big, like almost a little fat. And I do think special effects help with his terrifying-ness (the voice that saturated the all the sound in the theatre was a great touch).

These batman badguys are really really well written, easy to play parts though. Joker and Catwoman and Scarecrow, etc.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to see it again in about an hour. I just hope I'm not going to be as disappointed in some aspects of the film as I was the first time.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bane: "Ohhh.. using darkness as your ally? ..You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light 'til I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding!!! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!"

I love that whole scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love everything about that scene when the batman first comes back. Amazing. And that Batman suit just looks ridiculously bad ass.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Bane: "Ohhh.. using darkness as your ally? ..You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light 'til I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding!!! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!"

I love that whole scene.
Yes, the part when he jumps off the ledge, grabs the hanging chains and walks down them... was amazing.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
i disagree. hardy bulking up to looking like a "world's strongest man" contestant alone was impressive, and his voice was really creepy. he wasn't just "cut" big, he was hulking big, like almost a little fat. And I do think special effects help with his terrifying-ness (the voice that saturated the all the sound in the theatre was a great touch).

These batman badguys are really really well written, easy to play parts though. Joker and Catwoman and Scarecrow, etc.
You're mistaken if you think just any actor can pull off what Ledger did.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The film wasn't such a letdown this time around as I already knew what was coming and therefore, I enjoyed it a lot more. I think the best thing I actually do like about the movie are the performances. Notably Bane, Blake, and Kyle.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Do you feel in control."

Boss.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just as a topic of discussion... If there was a fourth film in this franchise, what villain would you have liked to see Nolan's rendition of?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Just as a topic of discussion... If there was a fourth film in this franchise, what villain would you have liked to see Nolan's rendition of?
You'd get alot of votes for The Riddler, but I think Huge Strange would make for an interesting Nolan villain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
In his universe Black Mask could work. Also maybe Calender Man. I love the riddler but don't know if it would work.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
singe_101
Rookie

singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
spoken like a future serial killer...
If they're evil enough to ruin a football game, there's no limit to their depravity.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're mistaken if you think just any actor can pull off what Ledger did.
welll i never said that. but the joker is an easy role for an actor to really shine in. jack nicholson was awesome as joker. everyone loves the cesar romero campy joker from the old tv show. and then of course heath ledger.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Joker would have been perfect...he could have captured Blake and forced Bruce Wayne out of retirement. They may have even been able to borrow from Jason Todd's story or do some Red Hood type things with the movie.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
welll i never said that. but the joker is an easy role for an actor to really shine in. jack nicholson was awesome as joker. everyone loves the cesar romero campy joker from the old tv show. and then of course heath ledger.
He was awesome as jack Nicholson in joker make up.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In his universe Black Mask could work. Also maybe Calender Man. I love the riddler but don't know if it would work.
Thought this from the get-go. Super realistic with the ability for many different story arcs. Holiday would be in this same vein as well. Never was a catwoman fan. If The Riddler was done in a way reminiscent of the character from B:TAS, I think it could work. Jim Carrey? Not so much. If the Joker character would have lived, I'd love to see Harley Quinn's character make it to the big screen. The only other two that would be remotely interesting to me would be Hush and Zsasz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
Thought this from the get-go. Super realistic with the ability for many different story arcs. Holiday would be in this same vein as well. Never was a catwoman fan. If The Riddler was done in a way reminiscent of the character from B:TAS, I think it could work. Jim Carrey? Not so much. If the Joker character would have lived, I'd love to see Harley Quinn's character make it to the big screen. The only other two that would be remotely interesting to me would be Hush and Zsasz.
You cannot tell the Holiday story without Harvey Dent.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You cannot tell the Holiday story without Harvey Dent.
The reboot won't be Nolan's universe so you can have Dent.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The reboot won't be Nolan's universe so you can have Dent.
The question was "in this franchise" so I see his point. I suppose I was talking about if I could put a character into any of the films, Holiday would be one.

I would have had a movie one storyline with Holiday, Calendar Man, and Harvey Dent. Movie two would be about Dent's transformation into Two-Face and ultimate demise, with an appearance by Hush and the Joker. Movie 3 would be about Hush and the Joker, and maybe Zsasz.

I liked how Nolan used Scarecrow to bring up Batman's demons. I think there are many interesting characters he could have used that would have been better than Catwoman and Ra's al Ghul.

I would love to see something done with the Batman: Hush series. That would be epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I actually love the story's Paul Dini wrote for the batman game an think they'd make awesome movies.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Bane was first announced as being in this film, I was kind of upset because I was hoping one of a few other villains would be included. So of course if they created a 4th film, I would want one of these:

Black Mask- I feel he would fit into this world. He isn't unrealistic like Clay Face or the Killer Croc. The storyline of trying to destroy Wayne Enterprises would have fit in well with his back story.

Deadshot-He's another more realistic villain. I'm not sure how well he would do as a primary villain but he could be a secondary villain on his own or working with the main villain.

Hugo Strange- Some of you have mentioned him. He is kind of similar to the Scarecrow in the fact that he runs a hospital and uses a fear-inducing drug. He probably wouldn't be used in a 4th movie due to the similarities but I wouldn't mind seeing him in a future reboot.

Hush- I think you could do a really cool story with him because his back story is pretty similar to Bruce Wayne's and it could show how two similar people can take two vastly different paths.

Maxie Zeus- I don't know a ton about him. I do know that in some stories he was a mob boss, which would fit perfectly into Nolan's world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
When Bane was first announced as being in this film, I was kind of upset because I was hoping one of a few other villains would be included. So of course if they created a 4th film, I would want one of these:

Black Mask- I feel he would fit into this world. He isn't unrealistic like Clay Face or the Killer Croc. The storyline of trying to destroy Wayne Enterprises would have fit in well with his back story.

Deadshot-He's another more realistic villain. I'm not sure how well he would do as a primary villain but he could be a secondary villain on his own or working with the main villain.

Hugo Strange- Some of you have mentioned him. He is kind of similar to the Scarecrow in the fact that he runs a hospital and uses a fear-inducing drug. He probably wouldn't be used in a 4th movie due to the similarities but I wouldn't mind seeing him in a future reboot.

Hush- I think you could do a really cool story with him because his back story is pretty similar to Bruce Wayne's and it could show how two similar people can take two vastly different paths.

Maxie Zeus- I don't know a ton about him. I do know that in some stories he was a mob boss, which would fit perfectly into Nolan's world.
Awesome insight bro.