Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-23-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I've been working for 8 years now, and I've done countless interviews, being the interviewee and the interviewer, and I cannot possibly imagine anyone having that kind of prejudice in the decision making process.

If they even dare mention something so stupid, they probably would never be a part of the interview team ever again.
I guess that I just have a very low opinion of how people act internally vs what they would do in public.

It *should* have no bearing on anyone's jarb. I just suspect that there will be a sizable minority where it *will* for a while.

Also, I can't imagine the crap some of you PSU people are getting from idiots. The stuff that Grizz said happened to him when he was wearing PSU flare in the mall still bothers me.

In short, people suck.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
That's one of the dumbest rationalizations I've ever heard. To any PSU grads out there, if anyone asks a question like this, seriously, get up and leave. Any moron who would ask that question is not someone you want to entrust your livelihood to on a daily basis. Not to mention they open themselves up to a multitude of legal questions just by posing it in an interview process.

With that said, I could absolutely see someone saying something along the lines of...
I see you're a graduate of Penn State. If you were in their position, what course of action would you have taken and how do you think it would have affected the outcome of the scandal?

If it's more of, hey you're a PSU grad, do you think it's right to rape little boys?...get out of there. That interviewer is dangerously stupid.
Yes, asking it in that manner is stupid and ridiculous. But I think there are reasonable ways to bring this situation up in an interview without directly asking "Hey, what is your opinion on raping children?" And I think asking about it in a respectful, appropriate way is completely valid. I've been asked in numerous interviews what I would do if someone I worked with, including subordinates and superiors, did something completely unethical. I don't see anything wrong with tailoring that question to this particular situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Yes, asking it in that manner is stupid and ridiculous. But I think there are reasonable ways to bring this situation up in an interview without directly asking "Hey, what is your opinion on raping children?" And I think asking about it in a respectful, appropriate way is completely valid. I've been asked in numerous interviews what I would do if someone I worked with, including subordinates and superiors, did something completely unethical. I don't see anything wrong with tailoring that question to this particular situation.
Agreed, hence the two scenarios above. I was replying to MassNole's assertion that someone should request your view on raping children in an interview. That's just ignorant. I COULD see a question veered towards incorporating the scandal with how you would react if it were your job to correct the issue. I believe we're saying the same thing though.

In short, it shouldn't be about raping children, but more an extrapolating the situation into a "job" situation and how you would handle it differently. I think it would be completely valid, although still in poor form for even bringing it up (just my opinion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
In short, it shouldn't be about raping children, but more an extrapolating the situation into a "job" situation and how you would handle it differently. I think it would be completely valid, although still in poor form for even bringing it up (just my opinion).

Sorry, reading that just made me think of this.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@JoeSchad: PSU Prez Rodney Erickson told John Barr school accepted sanctions rather than face as many as four years without football (death penalty)

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
@JoeSchad: PSU Prez Rodney Erickson told John Barr school accepted sanctions rather than face as many as four years without football (death penalty)
Yeah, it was "Take this punishment NOW, or face potentially bigger punishments after criminal and NCAA investigations".

PSU got off light, IMO. Smart move by the admin.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Yeah, it was "Take this punishment NOW, or face potentially bigger punishments after criminal and NCAA investigations".

PSU got off light, IMO. Smart move by the admin.
Weird, because a certain portion of the fanbase is calling for Erickson to resign for accepting these punishments. One guy I saw went as far as to call Erickson's office, and give his name and graduation year, and ask that Erickson resign.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The cult continues!! It's really kind of scary.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
So you're saying that the NCAA was nicer than Sandusky and asked if they wanted lube or dry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they got off light. Take the punishment you pu**ies. Take the punishment like men or whine like bitches.

By even playing football this season, they risk selling themselves short. If they would have sat out a year, then they would have regained the moral authority. Take the punishment with class and dignity. If they would have taken a year off, then people would have been able to rally behind them. Now, people are calling for some Ryan Braun bull**** and anybody who wants to get out of the punishment doesn't realize how much more that would hurt their university than just accepting the blame and moving on would.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure any punishment by the NCAA makes sense. However, going to Penn State and asking them to take a lite penalty instead of a harsher one seems to have it backwards.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I'm not sure any punishment by the NCAA makes sense. However, going to Penn State and asking them to take a lite penalty instead of a harsher one seems to have it backwards.
That's because the NCAA is a sham organization. They are not about justice or doing the right thing. They are about perpetuating the status quo, which is making oodles of high profit margin money on low cost labor.

The NCAA needs to be Blown up and thrown away.

You professionalize the sports and this kinda crap wouldn't happen. Dirty secrets about money wouldn't cause grown men to compromise their belief system to protect their jobs.

There is a reason that crap like this doesn't happen in the NFL. There is no need to involve people willing to break rules and/or the law to compensate players. When you start doing that, people start rationalizing away lots of bad behavior.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't understand why people think PSU got off light. This is worse than the death penalty. These sanctions will cripple the program for close to decade if not more. They are essentially going to be totally irrelevant for the the next four years and I doubt people will be lining up to play for them when the sanctions are over.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because the crime was the institution valuing football over integrity. They ended up losing money, but will still play this season. Bowl bans, scholarships, and fines were all secondary type penalties. They were the harshest possible secondary penalties, but they still missed the point.

Now, people will still see Penn State play football and fans don't see fines or lack of scholarships. Most people will just see a statue missing and a weaker team. If they would have taken a year off, then they would have gained the support and forgiveness of the nation. I think the program needed that more than they needed to trade $60 million for playing this season.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
That's because the NCAA is a sham organization.
I can't disagree with you, but. . .

The NCAA is an organization that manages college sports. I don't think they are equipped to handle (nor should they be) a matter like this.

This is clearly a matter that should have been left to the courts.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I just don't understand why people think PSU got off light. This is worse than the death penalty. These sanctions will cripple the program for close to decade if not more. They are essentially going to be totally irrelevant for the the next four years and I doubt people will be lining up to play for them when the sanctions are over.
I agree. They basically have the scholarship limitations of an FCS school, and they won't be playing in any "important" games.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well see who transfers, but it's very likely they field a very decent team this year at least. It will only go down hill from here for a few years, but if I'm a junior or senior, I think I'd rather finish and graduate than transfer, assuming I wasnt planning on going pro.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like they had 'em a good ol' ped ring going up there. More to come out...

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012...arnaby-wittels
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Sounds like they had 'em a good ol' ped ring going up there. More to come out...

Yep. Just as I figured. Bunch of sick fuckos runnin' around up there...

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...gation-booster

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...ild-porn-ring/
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post

Dear NY Daily News editors:

Paragraphs. Learn them.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Well see who transfers, but it's very likely they field a very decent team this year at least. It will only go down hill from here for a few years, but if I'm a junior or senior, I think I'd rather finish and graduate than transfer, assuming I wasnt planning on going pro.
I don't see why going pro is a factor for a junior or a senior. PSU is still on TV, and might even have more media attention. Also, if I'm a LB or a Dlineman, I would definitely stay because LJ Sr. and Vanderlin are the best at putting their players into the NFL.

On offense (QB/WR), I would probably stay because I would think that O'Brien and Hixon would be extremely knowledgeable about putting players into the NFL.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was a talented enough player to be planning on going pro, I'd want to be somewhere I could finish my college career competing for something real. Not that leaving Penn State would help their pro prospects, just that I would want the college accolades as well of I thought I was talented enough to help a competitive team win a conference, national title, or even just a big bowl.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forgive me this ignorant question;

Just how exactly does a Four-Year 'Death Penalty' hurt PSU LESS than what it accepted as a punishment?
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post

Just how exactly does a Four-Year 'Death Penalty' hurt PSU LESS than what it accepted as a punishment?
Revenue. Also, a four year death penalty would mean that, when the dust settled, their prospective recruits would have been in Junior High the last time PSU fielded a football team.

This punishment is going to hurt their program for 10 or 20 years. Four seasons of no football would have been a true "death penalty."
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post

4 year death penalty is literally 4 years without football. Or revenues from football.

Plus there is a saying "out of sight, out of mind". PSU would have lost a ton of mind share in the football world.