Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who's your Sleepers?

Discuss teams, units, or players that you think are sleepers heading into this season in this thread.

Right now, I have my eyes on 2 offenses that I think are sleepers to be very good this upcoming season.

Units

1. Pittsburgh

I think with the addition of Adams and DeCastro, the Steelers have really shored up that OL. I think Wallace, Brown, and Sanders makes a very potent and fast 3 WR set, and I know Haley plans on using Miller more in the passing game as well. That's a great group of players at the skill positions. Couple the improved OL with Ben at qb, and an improved run game under Haley, and I think this unit has a lot of potential to be deadly this season.

2. Tennessee

There are a lot of "Ifs" associated with this unit. IF CJ bounces back, IF Locker can develop, IF Britt is healthy, IF Wright has a great rookie season. But all of those Ifs aren't crazy. If they all happen, and it's not out of the question that they do, you have a potent offense. Nate Washington is slept on, Britt is a stud, Wright is a great slot, they have a very underrated TE, CJ at his best is a beast, and now you have a qb who can also add the scrambling element to the field in Locker if he develops.

It really all depends on Locker to me. I was a big Locker fan, so I expect him to be good. If he can be, coupled with all those other factors bouncing their way, watch out for Tennessee. Tennessee as a whole is being slept on a lot this season. Don't be surprised if they win the division.

3. St. Louis's defense

I also think we see a lot of improvement from St. Louis's defense this year. They were banged up like hell last year. They add Finnegan and Jenkins to the secondary, Laurentitis is underrated, and Long and Quinn are on the come up. Brockers should help the run defense. I think that group has potential.

Players

I think Malcolm Jenkins breaks out this year at FS. He's known as a very good FS, I think under Spags can be an elite FS. He's got it all, the size, speed, instincts, tackling ability, he can lay wood, I think Spag's scheme should really bring out the best in him.

I think Jimmy Smith in Baltimore establishes himself as one of the best CBs in the game. I love me some Jimmy Smith. I think he's a stud.

That's all I got for now, I'm sure more will come to mind later.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Chiefs
They're going to the Superbowl.

2. Packers Defense
With Perry and Worthy hopefully helping the pass rush, we could go back too the 2010 defense.

3. Rams Offense
Sam Bradford with a better team around him should do better.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
1. Chiefs
I love the Chiefs too, but Cassell will never ever reach the Super Bowl

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless Cassell becomes Brady's backup again, he'll never be in a Super Bowl.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buccaneers will make the Playoffs this year. I think Ryan has a bad year for Atlanta, New Orleans is in turmoil and Carolina isn't there...yet, but they will be soon.

That's all I got for now.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I like the Bucs too. Schiano will have them playing Jersey football. They'll be tough and physical.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I like the Bucs too. Schiano will have them playing Jersey football. They'll be tough and physical.
Yea man, I can't wait to see Martin and Blount behind that new O-Line with Nicks. They are going to put up some big numbers, plus VJax will help them a lot. I loved what they did this offseason both in the draft and in FA.

O I also agree with you on Tennessee, I think they are in playoff contention this year as well as Buffalo. I think in a year or 2 when Locker takes over they will put on some great battles with Houston for the division crown.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona's defense - That defense is scary on paper. I am expecting their young OLBs to wreck havoc.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Arizona's defense - That defense is scary on paper. I am expecting their young OLBs to wreck havoc.
I agree whole heartedly.

I also like the Bills. I like their draft and liked what they did last season
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah I also like Arizona's defense a lot. I love Buffalo's dline, I want to see upgrades to the LB core though. I'm also iffy on their secondary, although if Gilmore pans out, and Williams continues to grow they'll be good in the secondary too.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

I like Arizona's D also, but I hate their QB play. I think they have a mediocre season but get too many wins because of that D to be in position to draft a real QB.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah Arizona will be handcuffed by horrible qb play. What's worse is they run an offensive system that's heavily reliant on good qb play and quick decision making.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Yea I think they just gotta hope a lot of underclassmen declare and they can get a guy like Smith, Jones or maybe even Barkley. I think if Bray and Logan both declare they will beat out Barkley and be in the top 3 along with Wilson letting Barkley slip into a very lucky scenario.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
1. Chiefs
I dont know about the team winning the AFC. Houston has the inside track there. But the Chiefs defense is going to rock the league this year. Last year without Eric Berry and a decent NT they were top 10 for the second half of the season. Both those issue have been addressed, depth is much improved, and Justin Houston and Allen Bailey are no longer rookies.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

I don't care how good their D is, they still have a horrible QB. The Ravens have a better D and QB and still can't make it past the Pats. No ******* chance the Chiefs make it. Sorry, like I said I love them and wish they would, but they won't. Also, stop signing posts "J" it's dumb.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People are sleeping on the Bears. They're going to compete for the NFC North, and if/when they make the playoffs, they're a legitimate threat to go all the way.

Last edited by WCH : 06-10-2012 at 07:55 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
People are sleeping on the Bears. They're going to compete for the NFC North, and if/when they make the playoffs, they're a legitimate threat to go all the way.
I've been saying that all season long. I think if Cutler stays healthy they're a SB threat, but that's a big if with their OL. I love that they gave him some legit WRs and got Forte a backup, but they need Forte to actually play and to keep Cutler healthy. Like I said, they do that and they're easily a playoff team.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The OL is not that bad.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler's health is the key thing. Last season, they looked damn good before his injury. The year before, they may very well have gone to the Super Bowl if Cutler hadn't gotten injured in the NFCCG.

On paper, I think they're better this season. They should scare Packers, Giants, and 49ers fans.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couple of Chargers I could see putting up big years: Ryan Matthews and Robert Meachum.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

I'm still a big fan of Ryan Matthews.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Matthews went from being called a bust to being deemed for a breakout year. Just shows what a difference a year makes.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
The Bears are such a popular "sleeper" pick, that they can't be considered a sleeper.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
The Bears are such a popular "sleeper" pick, that they can't be considered a sleeper.
To be fair, I wasn't saying that they're a sleeper to improve over last season or to win 10+ games. I was saying that they're a sleeper to win the whole damned thing.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts and Brownies.

Chargers and Falcons Super Bowl.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote