Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd swap Berry and Weddle, & Winston and Godson.

I simultaneously think that Troy is overrated, but I have to recognize the huge amount of game changing plays he makes.

Berry is getting overrated at an alarming rate. I like the guy and he had a good rookie year, but it wasn't some crazy ground breaking elite year. And then he tore his acl and miss the next year. The guy will be a good player but to put him in the elite tier already is a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had the same ten in a different order.

Had Berry at 5. Goldson was 6th for me and Weddle rounded out the Top 10.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Earl Thomas over Eric Berry. :(

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Earl Thomas over Eric Berry. :(
I still think Berry ends up better than Thomas (and I think really highly of Thomas), but he just can't be ahead of him now.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suprised about the love for Kam Chancellor.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Berry is getting overrated at an alarming rate.
Almost as bad as Golston.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Suprised about the love for Kam Chancellor.
He's a hard hitting, sure tackling, huge and athletic strong safety...and he's good in pass coverage...Why are you surprised?
Old 06-24-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris View Post
I want to see Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers on the top of list because both are really very great players.
Look at this newbie...
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Almost as bad as Golston.
That's twice now you've mentioned your distained for Goldson. What excatly is it that you don't like about his play?
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
That's twice now you've mentioned your distained for Goldson. What excatly is it that you don't like about his play?
Here's video of his overrated play...

Old 06-24-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Here's video of his overrated play...

Woah, a highlight video?! What a great way to defend your point! It isn't like they're designed to show only good plays either, so you are REALLY hammering the point home! Kudos!

Old 06-24-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Woah, a highlight video?! What a great way to defend your point! It isn't like they're designed to show only good plays either, so you are REALLY hammering the point home! Kudos!
It proves more, because there was actual content, than what you or descendency had to say about him being overrated.

It's not as if analysis has been utilized for any other players throughout this thread.

So kudos to you, as well.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That highlight video was funny. They showed the same 3 plays about 10 times each, then showed some average plays, then went back to the 3 highlights. The hit on Mike Williams was shown from 5 angles 3 seperate times.

Not saying Goldson isn't good, but posting that video as an argument is a joke.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Highlight videos aren't needed. If anyone paid attention to Goldson's play last season, it spoke for itself. He was a ballhawk for the most part and usually tackled pretty well. Sometimes he takes some bad angles on his tackles, but usually he makes the play. I don't recall him blowing many assignments either. He's not a great safety, but he's a pretty good one and his play last year resulted in a lot of game changing moments in favor for the 49ers.

I don't see how he's overrated as a lot of people don't even know who he is.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 06-25-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
He's a hard hitting, sure tackling, huge and athletic strong safety...and he's good in pass coverage...Why are you surprised?
Doesn't play for the chiefs duh
Old 06-25-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
It proves more, because there was actual content, than what you or descendency had to say about him being overrated.

It's not as if analysis has been utilized for any other players throughout this thread.

So kudos to you, as well.
I never said he was overrated, I just thought posting a highlight video as a means to argue your point was just awful.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:28 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
I never said he was overrated, I just thought posting a highlight video as a means to argue your point was just awful.
If I'd made a point, I'd agree. I just posted a video because it seems as if some have, perhaps not watched him play. I didn't argue one way or the other.

I will now, however.

It is pretty darn difficult for a player to be "overrated" when, in most cases, the players isn't rated.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Highlight videos aren't needed. If anyone paid attention to Goldson's play last season, it spoke for itself. He was a ballhawk for the most part and usually tackled pretty well. Sometimes he takes some bad angles on his tackles, but usually he makes the play. I don't recall him blowing many assignments either. He's not a great safety, but he's a pretty good one and his play last year resulted in a lot of game changing moments in favor for the 49ers.

I don't see how he's overrated as a lot of people don't even know who he is.
Only two plays I can remember all year he crapped the bed. One was the against the Browns on Cribbs TD catch when he got caught out of position and stopped to watch Brown try and tackle Cribbs instead of hustling to the ball. The other was the Cards game in AZ where he made the right read, just misjudged the ball, which lead to a Fitz TD. Other than those and a mis-tackle or two on Sproles in the Saints game, he had a solid year. FO did rank him as one of the worst safeties in terms of their over-manipulated criteria. Like I give a **** what they think.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was an article I read on Pro Football Focus regarding Goldson and his desire for a big contract that extensively went into detail regarding his year in 2011. They had him ranked as their 69th best safety in the NFL.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...ashon-goldson/

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive been very critical of polamalu, hes a head of hair some years that makes the pro bowl based on that....but it seems he puts together a brilliant season every other year.

I dont expect him to hold up much longer being he is small and plays like a torpedo, but hes clearly one of the top 3 S in the NFL on one of his bad days. He is a game changer, but he does whiff a lot being that he doesnt ever form tackle. gotta take the bad with the good i suppose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He whiffs a lot more than people realize. I still don't know what he was doing on that A.J. Green TD last year...

ET and Bam Bam are both better.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
1. Ed Reed, Baltimore Ravens (194)
2. Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers (157)
3. Earl Thomas, Seattle Seahawks (144)
4. Eric Berry, Kansas City Chiefs (121)
5. Eric Weddle, San Diego Chargers (118)
6. Adrian Wilson, Arizona Cardinals (109)
7. Kam Chancellor, Seattle Seahawks (71)
8. Jairus Byrd, Buffalo Bills (68)
9. Dashon Goldson, San Francisco 49ers (36)
10. Tyvon Branch, Oakland Raiders (28)

*Vote Total in Parentheses
I'm a little surprised by this list.

I didn't vote, which is my own fault for not logging in, but to me Earl Thomas is the best FS in football, and it's not close right now. Reed and Troy are living off of their reputations right now.

Ed is still great, and top 5 to me, bc his instincts are rare, but Troy really is a shell of himself, and Reed just isn't capable of being as physical as he used to be bc of that neck.

Thomas has the best range out of any FS in the league, he's got great instincts, great playmaking ability, and he just takes away the deep ball all by himself. Good enough in the run game.

Berry is a little overrated. Yes, I think he will be great, but he's not that good yet. He had a solid rookie year and missed all of this season. How is he rated so damn high? We have more questions than answers about Eric Berry.

Eric Weddle is way too high. He's a guy that's good at everything, great at nothing.

And there's no way Byrd and Branch are both better than Kenny and Rolle. Kenny is probably the 2nd best deep FS in the league behind Thomas as far as range is concerned. He lacks great box skills, but in the post, the only FS in the game who's better is Earl Thomas right here right now. Rolle is great in the box and his versatility covering TEs, slot WRs, blitzing and tackling makes him better than Byrd and Branch.

I'm not a huge fan of this list.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree, Ed Reed is not very good anymore. He get's the INTs but he better to make up basically for every other aspect of his play. No better than the NFL networks list so far.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's still great in the post. That's all Ed Reed is really good for anymore though. He's actually still a good blitzer too when they blitz him, but they don't do it often.

But he can't tackle anymore.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He's still great in the post. That's all Ed Reed is really good for anymore though. He's actually still a good blitzer too when they blitz him, but they don't do it often.

But he can't tackle anymore.
He doesn't blitz at all anymore. He used to be a great blitzer. He used to be great at a lot of things, that's the point. Best all time safety still playing? Of course. But not for just this upcoming year. People seem to get that about Ray Lewis, but somehow not about Reed.