Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 11-20-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.
Default 2014 Draft Thread

Top 4 seems like a perfect place to be this year considering our needs.

Top Needs - QB, DE, TE, OG

I'm torn between QB or Clowney to be honest. I am leaning towards QB if Mariota or Bridgewater are available. At the same time Glennon seems to be servicable plus this is a deep draft for QB's so Clowney might be the wiser choice with the top pick.
Are you hoping for a trade down, a QB or a DE with that pick?

Last edited by kBuc5 : 11-20-2013 at 08:16 PM.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say either Clowney or Barr, Clowney has been banged up this season and teams are making a focal point not to run anywhere near him and double/triple team him.

Although what is troubling with him to me is if he doesn't make an impact early in the game you notice teams stop doubling and triple teaming him and one player can block him because his frustration is evident.

Barr is a freaking animal, he seems like the second coming of Von Miller, hopefully minus the baggage, and he plays at 1000 mph. His explosive first step almost makes him seem like he is jumping offsides at time. Plus with his long arms I can see him batting a lot of passes at the LOS and stripping a lot of QBs.

As far as QBs go the top 2 in this class scare me, Marrieota is immensely talented but can play in a NFL system? Bridgewater played good against Florida in the BCS bowl last year but can he do that consistently in the NFL? If whoever is the coaching have any doubts, I say go for the pass rushers. I also believe that there is going to be a pretty talented group of QBs waiting in the 2nd round for us.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say either Clowney or Barr, Clowney has been banged up this season and teams are making a focal point not to run anywhere near him and double/triple team him.

Although what is troubling with him to me is if he doesn't make an impact early in the game you notice teams stop doubling and triple teaming him and one player can block him because his frustration is evident.

Barr is a freaking animal, he seems like the second coming of Von Miller, hopefully minus the baggage, and he plays at 1000 mph. His explosive first step almost makes him seem like he is jumping offsides at time. Plus with his long arms I can see him batting a lot of passes at the LOS and stripping a lot of QBs.

As far as QBs go the top 2 in this class scare me, Marrieota is immensely talented but can play in a NFL system? Bridgewater played good against Florida in the BCS bowl last year but can he do that consistently in the NFL? If whoever is the coaching have any doubts, I say go for the pass rushers. I also believe that there is going to be a pretty talented group of QBs waiting in the 2nd round for us.

Quote:
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:
Old 11-21-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Mariota is gonna suck out loud. The NFL is going to figure that kid out just as fast as it has RG3 and Kaepernick.

Our needs are headlined, right now, by DE, OT and TE. You could extend it to slot WR, OG, and a nickel CB later on, but those are secondary needs. QB, right now, we need a tutor for Glennon. I like the growth he's shown, and would like to see what he can do with a full offseason taking all the reps with a vet-QB behind him. Not sure who, but there's gotta be someone.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not ready to anoint Glennon as the franchise quarterback, but I cannot see the Bucs taking a quarterback in the first round with the way he's been playing. I think it's much more likely that they'll look for a veteran to give him some competition.

I expect our first round selection to be either Clowney, Barr or the best offensive tackle available.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, and neither should Glennon be anointed anything until he shows that he can truly dominate in all situations. I don't think he has the pressures associated with reaching that level of play. Which is good, in a way. I don't know what his ceiling is at this point, but he's significantly better than I ever saw of him at NC State. Obviously I, with a lot of people, missed something.

And the more it seems he gets comfortable with the offense, the more it seems the coaches are letting him take chances. I'd really like to see what he can do when the reins fully come off.

Unleash Napoleon Quarterback!
Old 11-23-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wouldn't be the first time that a lot of people missed something in regards to evaluating a quarterback and it certainly won't be the last.

I think the most impressive thing about Glennon's play so far is that he's doing quite well with a less than stellar supporting cast. He doesn't have a legit #2 receiver, since Mike Williams is out for the season, the Bucs are down to their third string running back (though Rainey has been quite the pleasant surprise himself) and he doesn't have a stellar tight end to act as the safety blanket that you traditionally like a young QB to have.

It's also refreshing to see a Bucs quarterback standing tall in the pocket and delivering passes in spite of the pressure. I had almost forgotten what that looks like.

I do think that he needs to work on his deep ball accuracy and, while I don't expect him to magically turn into Michael Vick, he does need to learn to limit the bone-headed decisions he makes when he decides to scramble.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My offseason and draft:

- cut nicks and Zuttah.
- sign de Michael Johnson to a 5 year deal.
- trade Clayborn to a 3-4 team for a 4th round pick.
- sign Wr Doug Baldwin

Draft:
1st : trade out of top 10. Gain extra 2nd.
- pick De kony ealy Missouri

2nd: Austin s. Jenkins TE Washington
2nd via trade down: Gabe Jackson G mission state
4th : CB Ej Gaines Missouri
4th via trade: C Travis Swanson Arkansas.
5th. DeAndre Coleman DT California
7th: Hakeem smith Safety Louisville
7th. Tyler Gaffney RB Stanford.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
My offseason and draft:

- cut nicks and Zuttah.
- sign Wr Doug Baldwin

Draft:

1. Zuttah won't get cut. Even if you don't think he's a starting caliber center (and I would agree with that assessment), he's still versatile enough to have value as a backup.

2. Trading Clayborne for a 4th round pick doesn't improve this team at all and, personally, I think Michael Johnson for Clayborne is a lateral move. Too many people are blinded by Johnson's one double digit sack season. If you want to improve the defensive line, add to it in the draft.

3. No exterior line additions? I'm tired of watching Penn get abused and we can do better than Dotson on the right side. That goes double if the Falcons get Clowney.

4. Who are we trading with to move out of the top 10? If we're only gaining a 2nd rounder, I'd assume we're not moving down far and I think this draft is deep enough in top talent that the teams sitting just outside of the top 10 aren't going to be looking to move up.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:
My offseason and draft:

- cut nicks and Zuttah.
- sign Wr Doug Baldwin

Draft:

I like the addition of Baldwin to our WR core and Nicks might be done, if he would like to stay in Tampa, which I doubt, he needs to take a pay cut. I mentioned in another thread that I do not believe we have the luxury of passing on a superior talent available at whatever pick we will be in the spring. I think even if Clowney is not available we should go with Barr, let him play LB on running downs and RDE on obvious passing downs moving Clayborn to LDE. That could be the push that moves our defense into that Carolina/49ers group that can win us games by them self.

Quote:
Old 11-24-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about de Greg hardy ? Panthers have tough decisions cap wise.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:
What about de Greg hardy ? Panthers have tough decisions cap wise.
I would welcome Hardy but wouldn't he and Clayborn be essential the same player? Even so, the more bodies down for the defensive front the better and maybe that would give us some flexibility to add one of the tackles in the first round. I would still hope we would add a speed rusher to compliment all these power rushers also.

Why does it seem like I say this every freaking offseason to no avail?

Quote:
Old 11-26-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
I would welcome Hardy but wouldn't he and Clayborn be essential the same player? Even so, the more bodies down for the defensive front the better and maybe that would give us some flexibility to add one of the tackles in the first round. I would still hope we would add a speed rusher to compliment all these power rushers also.

Why does it seem like I say this every freaking offseason to no avail?
Lol. Nothing like Clayborn. Hardy is a good blend of power and speed with better pass rush moves and ability.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

I still get irritated thinking about passing on Hardy for a punter that didn't even make the team.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
I still get irritated thinking about passing on Hardy for a punter that didn't even make the team.
Rockstar GM baby
Old 11-26-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Finally got a chance to catch a game and Glennon doesn't look half bad. They said his college numbers were reflected by a poor supporting cast but geez! He has been completing 62% with 13-4 TD to INT ratio, missing your #2 WR, your #1 and #2 RB out, and having a so so TE. Not saying he is the second coming of Peyton Manning but I think he has earned at least another year as starting QB.

More proof we should use our top pick on a position other than QB, now I'm just worried we might play our way out of getting a top pass rusher. Maybe some later round solutions could come the way of Randy Gregory from Nebraska or Michael Sam from Mizzou. Or maybe in a trade back scenario, not saying that is our best option but trying to be open minded, what about the Trent Murphy kid? Is he the second coming of JJ Watt, similar build, similar 40 times(roughly), good at batting passes at the LOS.

Quote:

Last edited by bigfreak314 : 11-26-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

What about Ealy? Legit pass rushing threat off the edge similar to JPP. What if Michael Johnson comes cheap? Ealy to me is a 2nd round guy.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

By the time the draft rolls around, Ealy should have worked himself in the discussion of mid to late first round. He's really stepped up for Mizzou's d-line since they lost Sheldon Richardson, and has been a force.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
Finally got a chance to catch a game and Glennon doesn't look half bad. They said his college numbers were reflected by a poor supporting cast but geez! He has been completing 62% with 13-4 TD to INT ratio, missing your #2 WR, your #1 and #2 RB out, and having a so so TE. Not saying he is the second coming of Peyton Manning but I think he has earned at least another year as starting QB.

More proof we should use our top pick on a position other than QB, now I'm just worried we might play our way out of getting a top pass rusher. Maybe some later round solutions could come the way of Randy Gregory from Nebraska or Michael Sam from Mizzou. Or maybe in a trade back scenario, not saying that is our best option but trying to be open minded, what about the Trent Murphy kid? Is he the second coming of JJ Watt, similar build, similar 40 times(roughly), good at batting passes at the LOS.
I did not think Glennon was the long time anwser, but with what he is working with he's done pretty good for a rookie. Think he has earned another year and has a good chance at developing into a good QB. Still wouldn't mind taking a Aaron Murray or McCarron if they are there in the mid rounds.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Im still shocked that people think he's earned just another year. To me, I only see Glennon getting better. I said before the 2013 draft, Glennon would be the only QB i'd probably take in round 1. He suffered from dropped balls.

The only scout, Greg Cossell, and then former player Rich Gannon, said he was a first rd guy because he had the IT factor. They pretty much laughed off the reports saying he was inaccurate because they turned on the tape and saw several drops, bad routes, etc.

I compare him to the strong-armed Version of Matt Ryan. I think we found ourselves a good one.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
Im still shocked that people think he's earned just another year. To me, I only see Glennon getting better. I said before the 2013 draft, Glennon would be the only QB i'd probably take in round 1. He suffered from dropped balls.

The only scout, Greg Cossell, and then former player Rich Gannon, said he was a first rd guy because he had the IT factor. They pretty much laughed off the reports saying he was inaccurate because they turned on the tape and saw several drops, bad routes, etc.

I compare him to the strong-armed Version of Matt Ryan. I think we found ourselves a good one.
I think Buc fans are just being cautious with their optimism after most of the fan base got burned in getting excited over Freeman during and after his first full year as a starter.

On the topic of Glennon, PFF had an interesting statistic in regards to the game against the Lions:

- On plays where he wasn’t hurried, Glennon had a perfect passer rating of 158.3

So I'll say it again... Draft offensive line early and often. It's the best way to improve this team.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

I'm almost at a point to call Glennon this franchise's long term answer. If he's as big a nerd as I think he is, we should see some massive steps forward next season. He's making good decisions so far, but I feel that there's still a bit of hesitation sometimes. Whether that's coming from playcalling or just simply a rook unable to pull the trigger, I think he can do more.

We'll see, but I like what I see.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Another fun stat:

- Mike Glennon has the highest passer rating in the league over the past 4 games.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
So I'll say it again... Draft offensive line early and often. It's the best way to improve this team.

Close.

Get a DE early (Clowney, Barr or now Ealy if we keep winning) and then snag a T in round 2 (Richardson, Hurst or Erving) and a G in round 4 (Yankey, Fulton or Steen) and we'd be well on our way.