Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 03-12-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can put us down for a TE in the draft... Cause all the good ones signed with teams today
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Who is going to replace Quincy black?
Old 03-12-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
You can put us down for a TE in the draft... Cause all the good ones signed with teams today
Eifert in the first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinaMan View Post
Who is going to replace Quincy black?
My guess is that either Hayward or Watson will replace him and we'll look to improve the position next year. We play a lot of nickel, anyway, so I don't see replacing Black with a draftee or free agent as as much of a priority as fixing the secondary and the pass rush.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to trade down for Eifert in the first. I think if we move down with say the Giants or Cowboys, that'd be prime position.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we trade for Revis anymore. I would be happy if we get Avril for a 5 year 40 million deal. I think the Browns set the market.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:10 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

After thinking about it I really hope we don't give up a picks and 15 million a year for Revis. I'm sorry. He's one hell of a player, but not at that price.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be extremely disappointed if the Bucs sign Avril for $8 mil a season when Kruger signed with Cleveland for the same. Avril is better as a nickel pass rusher and fills only one of the two roles Kruger would've played for us.

As for TEs... Dustin Keller, Kellen Davis Fred Davis (not a Buc-man), and a few others are still out there.

At DE, Michael Bennett, Avril, Connor Barwin still out there.

CBs-Sean Smith, DRC, Biggers, Cox, and tons more still out there.

I just pray we don't get Revis. That would be terrible to give up the king's ransom in picks AND salary for one player... NOT WORTH IT!!!

For the record, I like what Seattle has been doing, but they just mortgaged their future and I don't like what they just did... Percy Harvin for a 1, 3, and 7 ANNNNNNDDDDD $12 mil a season per???? He might've been worth the $12 mil, but he wasn't worth the $12 mil and all the picks. Horrible, horrible decision. Very un-Seahawk-like.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. I'm torn on Revis but in the end I think Revis and his camp makes Dom's decision an easy one. Will demand too much and jets will want high value in return.

I think we should turn our attention to grimes and Keenan Lewis.

I think the slow market for Michael Bennett has increased te chances of bringing both him and miller back.

I see us addressing TE in the draft.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I agree. I'm torn on Revis but in the end I think Revis and his camp makes Dom's decision an easy one. Will demand too much and jets will want high value in return.

I think we should turn our attention to grimes and Keenan Lewis.

I think the slow market for Michael Bennett has increased te chances of bringing both him and miller back.

I see us addressing TE in the draft.
I agree. I'm not big on Grimes. I don't like his injury at all, not at 29.

There's a ton of guys at DE still to like.

There's Paul Kruger Lite, Connor Barwin. Bennett, Avril, and a couple older options.

At CB, Sean Smith, Lewis, Cary Williams, DRC, and some older options again,
Old 03-13-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Bucs signed LB Jonathan Casillas to a one-year, $3 million contract.
The deal is worth "up to" $3 million, so it's probably incentive laden. Bucs GM Mark Dominik loves stealing from division rivals, and 26-year-old Casillas has flashed every-down tools in spurts the past four seasons. In 2012, he was the Saints' nickel 'backer and recorded 31 tackles in 14 games with one start.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Look for Schiano to push Dominik into picking OLB Khaseem Greene from Rutgers in the second round.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishspinners View Post
Look for Schiano to push Dominik into picking OLB Khaseem Greene from Rutgers in the second round.
Why would he do that? Even if you ignore the fact that we're reportedly in talks to ship our 2nd round selection to the Jets for Revis, we need defensive line and cornerback help in the worst way, our right tackle situation is a disaster and it's looking like we're going to need a tight end, as well.

Another OLB is the least of our concerns right now, especially since the Bucs play a ton of nickel on defense and any guy we pick up in the draft isn't likely to out-play David or Foster for the two spots in that formation.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

I think with Jonathan Casillas signing drafting a LB goes to the back burner.

If we trade for Revis our needs become TE, 2 CB , RT and Slot WR.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

I agree with LB not being a priority right now, though I felt that way even before we signed Casillas. The lack of a pass rush and the sorry state of our secondary are vastly bigger concerns right now.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:35 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

I would like to see the trade for Revis, sign Osi and Sedrick Ellis. Then draft Desmond Trufant. I know people think he's a reach at 13, but he's the second best CB in the draft IMO. Has speed and head to play CB in the league. By head he thinks he's the best and acts like it. You need that when going up against Atl's and NO's.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:00 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well apparently the Bucs and Jets are in a stare down, reported by Rich Cimini, citing Tampa refuses to give up their 1st round pick in this year's draft (Thank God!) but are willing to give up 2014's 1st rounder. Revis is due a $1 million roster bonus on Saturday so there could be a "soft" deal in place before than.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

Kevin Ogletree - WR - Buccaneers
Bucs agreed to terms with WR Kevin Ogletree, formerly of the Cowboys.
Ogletree put up the flukiest game of the 2012 season, catching eight passes for 114 yards and two touchdowns in Week 1. He went on to catch 24 passes in 14 games thereafter. Ogletree, 26 in August, will likely slot in as the No. 3 receiver as the Bucs try and unload Arrelious Benn. Ogletree could face competition from Tiquan Underwood and perhaps a middle-round draft pick.
Related: Cowboys
Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter Mar 14 - 5:12 PM
Old 03-14-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

There goes Michael Bennett

Seahawks agreed to terms with DE Michael Bennett, formerly of the Buccaneers, on a one-year, $5 million contract.
All the defensive ends. The Seahawks came out of nowhere and scooped up another talented pass rusher on the cheap in Bennett, just as they did on Wednesday with Cliff Avril. The market for defensive ends is clearly way out of whack, and is much worse than expected. Seattle can now trot out Bennett, Avril, and Bruce Irvin without skipping a beat while Chris Clemons recovers from his torn ACL. Bennett started his career with the Seahawks in 2009 before being cut the same season. He had nine sacks with the Bucs last year, and Seattle could use him at defensive tackle just as it did with Jason Jones in 2012. Veteran free agents John Abraham, Dwight Freeney, and Osi Umenyiora are going to have to settle for well-below-market deals, in all likelihood.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

It's funny Bucs fans are going crazy because of the Bennett deal. But maybe he wanted to leave, maybe when he saw what was out there he said I'm going to sign with the Hawks. The Bucs weren't going to let him play full time anyways. They want the two youngings to play with a 3rd down pass rushing Vet to come in. The Hawks are going to let him play full time with Avril
Old 03-14-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

I really want Elvis if he gets cut, but if not I'll take Osi.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
It's funny Bucs fans are going crazy because of the Bennett deal. But maybe he wanted to leave, maybe when he saw what was out there he said I'm going to sign with the Hawks. The Bucs weren't going to let him play full time anyways. They want the two youngings to play with a 3rd down pass rushing Vet to come in. The Hawks are going to let him play full time with Avril
And a one year deal was smart, can cash in if he puts up big numbers.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Guys the more I think about it the more I think Desmond Trufant is going to be a star in this league. If we trade for Revis, sign Brent Grimes and draft Trufant. I would put our back end up against anyone's in the league.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:58 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He also was signed originally out of college by the Seahawk and Pete Carroll. He knows Seattle and the organization and probably likes what he left. After Seattle cut him they were likely going to stash him on the practice squad because he was doing very well that preseason.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:03 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
And a one year deal was smart, can cash in if he puts up big numbers.
It was not smart. He joins Chris Clemons, Cliff Avril, and Bruce Irvin. Bennett will likely be the 3 tech in the nickel and MIGHT start at DE opposite Avril while Clemons is on the mend. His snap count in Tampa was very high and also a huge reason for him posting 9 sacks. He will get far fewer opportunities in Seattle.

Even as a non-starter in Tampa he could've seen 75% of the snaps (easily starter numbers) by playing one of every four series at LDE for Bowers, one of every four series for Clayborn at RDE (50% playing time) and a high percentage of snaps at 3 tech when the Bucs are in nickel and McCoy goes to 1 tech.

I think he should've gone to a team that would get him guaranteed starter snaps. That being said, he may just want a shot at a ring. Seattle is loading up.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Guys the more I think about it the more I think Desmond Trufant is going to be a star in this league. If we trade for Revis, sign Brent Grimes and draft Trufant. I would put our back end up against anyone's in the league.
I liked Trufant before the Senior Bowl, then I came away liking him a lot, after he proved his speed at the Combine, I would be really pleased with him.

Whether it be Grimes (not a fan of 29 year old CBs coming off Achilles injuries) or one of a few other CBs (I hear Biggers is being negotiated with): Brice McCain, AJ Jefferson, DJ Moore could all come in and provide depth and compete for roster spots and grizzled veterans Nnamdi, Tracy Porter, Antoine Cason, Kyle Arrington, Michael Huff, Mike Jenkins, Aqib Talib-yes, that guy, and Stanford Routt all have the ability to win starting jobs.

My preference is that they re-sign Biggers and sign a proven vet-preferably Porter or Cason, and another guy to fight for a roster spot like McCain or Moore and then select a CB in the first two rounds in the draft as well.