Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-08-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 NBA Draft Thread!

TOM GORES PRESENTS:
THE 2012 NBA DRAFT THREAD
(presented by Tom Gores)

So the Pistons are no good, and apparently Andre Drummond has already said he's returning for another year. This is depressing but I'll hold out hope that he changes his mind.

Discuss the 2012 NBA Draft here.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is depressing because if the Wizards dont get the #1 pick (not banking on it, I think the hornets will get it) we may not be able to get Davis who I really wanted. I would be happy with Barnes but still Davis would be best for us.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel weird about this class. It's a very strong pool, but I just don't really love any particular player. That will probably change post NCAA tourney though.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this the 'Happy Birthday STRIP' thread?
Old 01-08-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i feel like the nets are going to deal away all there picks for someone who's not good. and not like dwight howard, I mean like someone who's not that good because we wanna keep DWill
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Will hates his life soooo much right now. Scotty, I saw the Nets live the other night and that team is truly awful. I have been to a lot of NBA games and that was the worst basketball I have ever seen played.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:08 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This will be the year the draft gods repay the Kings for constantly ******* them in the lottery for the past four years.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
That is depressing because if the Wizards dont get the #1 pick (not banking on it, I think the hornets will get it) we may not be able to get Davis who I really wanted. I would be happy with Barnes but still Davis would be best for us.
I want Jeremy Lamb on the Wiz, Nick Young is probably going somewhere else and Lamb is the perfect running mate for Wall, with his efficient offensive game. Would be a great backcourt duo for a long time. Front line definitely needs work but with just drafting two lanky wings in Vesely and Singleton I'm not sure i want another project although I wouldn't mind Michael Gilchrist. Sullinger though is the best pick for the Wizards, really getting rid of Blatche for anything is the best thing this franchise can do. I see potential good role players like Singleton, Seraphin, Booker, Vesely, but Wall needs a real running mate.

My wish list would be:

1. Sullinger
2. Lamb
3. Gilchrist/Barnes

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that you're here, STRIP, is Harrison Barnes a a true SF? I'm confused as to what direction the Kings should take. We have a huge hole at SF, but you really can't go wrong with taking a Sullinger, Davis, Drummond or Perry Jones to team up with Cousins.

If we do go with another big, i really hope we can package some young talent for a true point guard. But if Barnes is a true SF i'd much rather go with him.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:34 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harrison Barnes or Perry Jones will be in Sacramento after the draft, I'm hoping its Barnes since we really need a all around great player. The Kings were rumored to really like Perry Jones last year and might have took him over Jimmer if he was on the board.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:37 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harrison Barnes really doesn't do much for me. He's a really good shooter with average to slightly above average athleticism who doesn't take it to the basket nearly enough. I think he'll be a solid pro but I don't see a top 5 pick.

Last edited by yo123 : 01-09-2012 at 01:41 AM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:49 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Does he play defense?
Old 01-09-2012, 01:53 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Decent from what I've seen. His lateral quickness isn't great though so he could struggle against quicker SF's and a lot of SG's.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Ah, i see. Well he has prototypical size to play the 3, i just can't really say i've seen enough of him to make any kind of educated judgment on what kind of player he is. I'd like someone that plays defense and hustles on the wing, but isn't completely inept on offense.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of good big men in this draft.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:02 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yep, the top is heavy with bigs, the Cavs are gonna come away with a pretty good haul again if they can get their hands on another guy down low to team up with Tristan Thompson.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:15 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I admittedly haven't watched as much college basketball as I normally do this year, but these are some under the radar guys I really like.

Darius Johnson Odom SG, Marquette- Strong as ****, built like a goddamn tank, really good athlete and good outside shooter. Can finish in the paint despite not being tall. Has a killer instinct and really plays hard.

William Buford SF, Ohio State- Lesser version of Harrison Barnes imo. Good midrange game but an average and somewhat stiff athlete. Lacks an overall game but I think he can score at the next level off the bench.

Kris Joseph SF, Syracuse- Old in NBA prospect terms, but has a good feel for the game, good athlete and has improved his jump shot a ton. Good at finishing at the basket.

Rodney Williams SF, Minnesota- Maybe a homer pick and a huge project but he's really made strides in his game this year. He's making plays for others off the dribble, fixed the hitch in his jump shot and might be the best athlete in college basketball. Never going to be a guy that you can give it to and let him create his own shot in the NBA but he can give you minutes off the bench and use his length and insane athleticism to defend and rebound.

Nate Wolters PG, South Dakota St- HUGE sleeper but he's one of the best 30 or so players in college basketball right now. All around player, does literally everything well and has incredible basketball IQ. Played with him in AAU and against him in high school and he's easily the best player I've played against. Deceptively quick, amazing ballhandler and a fantastic finisher at the rim making up for his undersized build. Great floor vision and almost always makes the right decision with the ball. Going to make someone really happy in the second round or as a UDFA.

Last edited by yo123 : 01-09-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:21 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive been a HUGE slacker when it comes to NCAABB in the last few years, so I only know the top guys by name.

That said, COME ON HOUSTON AND WIN THE LOTTERY SO YOU CAN GET A BIG!

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:27 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

The Rockets probably won't be bad enough to win the lottery, but they could be in Thomas Robinson range who would be my pick for POY this year and wouldn't be a bad consolation prize by any means. Plays the same position as your lottery pick from last year though. :/

True centers are tough to come by anyway.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:31 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I assume theyll be in the typical Houston sports spot (with a few rare exceptions like this years Astros and 06 Texans), aka not good enough to make the playoffs, but not bad enough to get a top-level impact player in the draft.

At least theres a shot of getting super lucky w/ the lottery though.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:51 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I give Houston credit for going for Gasol and trying to go all out because you're right they are in the horrible area of having no chance to contend but not bad enough to get a top 3 pick. Morey clearly knows the position they're in.

I really don't think they're terribly far away from being legitimately good though. Lowry is quietly a great PG, Kevin Martin maybe a bit overrated but is a solid go to perimeter guy and Scola is a good scorer I guess, not a big fan of him though.

Really need to load up on some good defenders and a big man though as I'm sure you've realized. Maybe an outside shooter or two as well. The west isn't nearly as good as it's been in the past so it doesn't take a whole lot to get a midrange seed and make a run.

Last edited by yo123 : 01-09-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:34 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Yea Lowry is the only player on our team that plays defense right now, and is easily the best overall Rocket. I love Martin and Scola's offensive games, but they are ridiculously horrendous on defense.

Im sure like 28 other teams could say this, but having an intimidating defensive presence in the paint would make Houston a legit playoff team. Well, that or a healthy Yao, god dammit.

On a sidenote, to stick to the subject of the thread, i LOVE Kidd-Gilchrist. If Houston cant land a big, id love to try and pick him up. I dont know where anyone stands in terms of stock though, so Ive no idea how possible/likely that would be.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with yo, I'm a fan of Buford. I think he can be a really nice role player on a winning team. I think some team who makes the playoffs an grab him and he'd be a really nice piece on their bench
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Deshaun Thomas will be a better pro than Sullinger or Buford. He really took his game to the next level this year as a sophomore. PF/SF who can shoot and score from anywhere.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was really excited for this draft class up until the Clippers got Chris Paul. But what was Terrence Jones thinking by going back to school?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote