Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
Pretty sure that #2 there is clearly rape...
Yeahhhhh....

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Now that I saw the whole video clip, that party was actually kind of weak.

Once the models who were there for the photoshoot left, all that was left was a bunch of college chicks who were 5s and 6s at best. Come on Aldon, you can do better than that.

Your visionary villionz need to get some prescription contacts and recruit better looking bitches to your mansion parties.
I don't think Aldon cared. He was getting paid.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

I can make gross generalizations about Chiefs fans, if you wish.
do it brent. i was offended

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:34 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
Pretty sure that #2 there is clearly rape...
No **** sherlock. All three were examples of crimes where the actor was guilty of something (a murder, a sex offense and a robbery were the examples I used).

In example #2, yes, in some states, that would probably constitute a rape. In others, a lesser offense, but a sex offense nonetheless. 20 year old Johnny-hot-and-bothered took advantage of an underage girl. Yes, he was wrong in that scenario. Very wrong, and he's a complete scumbag. But, to my point, the 15 year old girl was wrong too. And she put herself in that position. So, not much of a rape victim when you lead a guy on, get yourself drunk and invite him over with intentions of having sex. If she was 17 in my scenario, this situation is different. Instead of it being a crime, it would simply be morally wrong. The only thing making this a crime is her age.

But I wasn't talking about the offense. I was talking about the "victims" of those crimes. There are legitimate victims and then there's people like Aldon Smith, who put themselves in the positions they find themselves. Technically, in the absolute most technical sense of the word, yes, Aldon Smith could be a victim of an attempted assault. But should we act like Aldon Smith is Mr. Innocent victim who was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, victimized by a ruthless criminal who wanted to seriously injure him?

That was my point. Context ... I was referring to a post that said, "what did Smith do besides be a victim of violence?" Clearly he's not just a victim of violence. He brought this stabbing upon himself. By having the type of people at his house that he did. And then getting into the middle of a fight with those types of people.

I wouldn't say he's a victim until I find out what happened. And that might not happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 07-09-2012 at 08:39 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, pretty sure in every state that's full blown rape. It doesn't matter if she was stupid to drink and be horny, but there comes a point where she can no longer consent to engaging in sexual encounters, much less to a 20 year old as a 15 year old. That's also statutory rape.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
No, pretty sure in every state that's full blown rape. It doesn't matter if she was stupid to drink and be horny, but there comes a point where she can no longer consent to engaging in sexual encounters, much less to a 20 year old as a 15 year old. That's also statutory rape.
Go on.........

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And if somebody is dumb enough to record it on their phone and take it to a buddies house, it's considered "The Use of Children in the Production and Distribution of Sexually Explicit Material," no matter how old you are. I knew an idiot scumbag who wound up with 5-20 for doing that (and that was a pretty sweet plea compared to the 45+ years that he was initially looking at).

Last edited by WCH : 07-09-2012 at 12:53 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol this thread is awesome.

i don't want to torpedo this rape train, but i'm pretty sure he Banger wasn't intending it to turn into a discussion about the legality of his examples. he was just saying that, even though it is legally a rape, it isn't like 15-year old chick didn't put herself in that situation.

although that 20-year old is still a no-game-having-scumbag no matter where he is for even resorting to that.

but carry on with this!
Old 07-10-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMyJob View Post
lol this thread is awesome.

i don't want to torpedo this rape train, but i'm pretty sure he Banger wasn't intending it to turn into a discussion about the legality of his examples. he was just saying that, even though it is legally a rape, it isn't like 15-year old chick didn't put herself in that situation.

although that 20-year old is still a no-game-having-scumbag no matter where he is for even resorting to that.

but carry on with this!
And she did put herself at risk... but she was still a victim.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:04 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*sigh*

i never did say that she (the girl that Banger made up to illustrate his point) wasn't a victim. i was just trying to clarify the point he was trying to make. i'm not even sure if my assumption was right, but whether or not the hoe was a victim or not is so ridiculously not related to Aldon Smith it shouldn't matter whether i said it was her fault or not.

edit// OH, so Aldon Smith put himself in the situation but was also the victim of a stabbing. i get it, but i can't remember if anyone was arguing that he wasn't a victim of a stabbing, just that they didn't sympathize with him because of his poor decision-making.

for the record, i don't care either way. it sucks that the guy got stabbed, but i've been to parties where the same thing has happened. when you throw a house party and a large number of people show up you just have to roll with the punches. it gets to a point where you lose control of the whole thing and you just have to try to have a good time.

and sometimes people get shot/stabbed.

Last edited by NotMyJob : 07-10-2012 at 01:08 AM.
NotMyJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMyJob View Post

OH, so Aldon Smith put himself in the situation but was also the victim of a stabbing. i get it, but i can't remember if anyone was arguing that he wasn't a victim of a stabbing,
Precisely my point. I believe Smith made many poor choices that lead to this result. But I believe he is still a victim of violent crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
Aldon a victim?
Quote:
That's not a victim.
Quote:
Aldon is at fault.
I counsel violent teenagers as my profession. I'm very aware of the many dynamics of violence and victimology. Victims awareness curriculum focuses on behaviors that increase the likelihood of victimization. Aldon Smith clearly exhibited behaviors that increase the likelihood of violent results. That was never my point.

Last edited by phlysac : 07-10-2012 at 10:59 AM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, no. Not every state. In New York State (It's the law I know best), this hypothetical scenario would be classified as "sexual misconduct". Not a rape. According to New York State it is just as bad as to have sex with an animal or dead human body (also sexual misconduct) than the scenario I illustrated. But that's a whole different story.

I will illustrate and crack open the law book.

Quote:
S 130.20 Sexual misconduct.
A person is guilty of sexual misconduct when:
1. He or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person without
such person`s consent; or

2. He or she engages in oral sexual conduct or anal sexual conduct
with another person without such person's consent; or
3. He or she engages in sexual conduct with an animal or a dead human
body.
Sexual misconduct is a class A misdemeanor.
She is under 17 years old, so she cannot give consent. See highlighted section. This scenario applies (Actor 20 years old, victim 15 years old).

New York State has (3) degrees of rape (rape 1st, rape 2nd and rape 3rd).

In order for it to have been Rape in the 3rd degree, by New York State law, the little shitbag would have needed to be over 21 years of age. For Rape 2nd, the girl would have needed to be under 15 years old and the scumbag over the age of 18.

Quote:
S 130.25 Rape in the third degree.
A person is guilty of rape in the third degree when:
1. He or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person who is
incapable of consent by reason of some factor other than being less than
seventeen years old;
2. Being twenty-one years old or more, he or she engages in sexual
intercourse with another person less than seventeen years old; or

3. He or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person without
such person`s consent where such lack of consent is by reason of some
factor other than incapacity to consent.
Rape in the third degree is a class E felony.
Our perp is 20 years old. Not quite old enough for rape 3rd.

Quote:
S 130.30 Rape in the second degree.
A person is guilty of rape in the second degree when:
1. being eighteen years old or more, he or she engages in sexual
intercourse with another person less than fifteen years old; or

2. he or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person who is
incapable of consent by reason of being mentally disabled or mentally
incapacitated.
It shall be an affirmative defense to the crime of rape in the second
degree as defined in subdivision one of this section that the defendant
was less than four years older than the victim at the time of the act.
Rape in the second degree is a class D felony.
Our "victim" is 15 years old. Not quite young enough.

Minga... was all that besides the point. That post was just a couple of examples of how people put themselves in bad / terrible / life-threatening situtations on their accord. And how they aren't "just victims." Sometimes victims are to blame just as much as the wrongdoers. That was the only point I was trying to make. That Aldon Smith deserves blame for what happened. Is he the only one in the wrong? Certainly not. There were people at his party who did things even worse than what he did (much worse), but it shouldn't excuse him from shouldering any of the blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I counsel violent teenagers as my profession. I'm very aware of the many dynamics of violence and victimology. Victims awareness curriculum focuses on behaviors that increase the likelihood of victimization. Aldon Smith clearly exhibited behaviors that increase the likelihood of violent results. That was never my point.
I was responding your post that said something along the lines of, "What did Aldon Smith do besides be a victim?" I simply pointed out that he did a lot more than just be a victim at a pool party. I gave examples (which I wish I never did, because it shows just how much people can't / don't read). I gave a couple examples of how people do more than just be a victim (putting themselves directly in harms way, which Aldon did) and a third example of a legitimate victim. Some people are victims and some people have it (whatever that may be) coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 07-12-2012 at 09:27 PM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. LMFAO.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the **** is this thread even about anymore?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sexual misconduct laws and what it means to be a victim. Come on vidae, keep up.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
What the **** is this thread even about anymore?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 07-12-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 07-13-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread got dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote