Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 07-09-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Did you see me vote for you? Please tell me where I did that, oh wise one. You voted for me for simply pointing out that you advocating a no lynch is odd, and it is. I didn't even vote for you. That is ******* brilliant.

The extent of my suspicion against you was saying your suggesting a no lynch was odd. That, and my opposition to a no lynch gets me a vote from you. You, sir, are a genius.

Now you turn to "fun" and "a waste". I don't give a **** about that. I want to win, and a no lynch hurts our chances of doing so.
Hey bud, I voted for you before you said anything about me. Keep up.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Which is the exact same scenario I just laid out for a day one lynch, except the day one lynch costs us an extra person to get to the same state of cluelessness.
It isn't. The information revealed on day two is always greater after a lynch than a no lynch. I've played multiple games in which both happened. People think, "Oh, we're not going to kill an innocent person. This has to be the better way." And it's complete and utter BS.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Hey bud, I voted for you before you said anything about me. Keep up.
And it made no sense then! I didn't respond for 10 minutes while I was eating lunch. That is what your vote is based on. This doesn't help your argument against me.

Quote:
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im out for 2-3 hours

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It isn't. The information revealed on day two is always greater after a lynch than a no lynch. I've played multiple games in which both happened. People think, "Oh, we're not going to kill an innocent person. This has to be the better way." And it's complete and utter BS.

Literally never been the case in any game I've played.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Literally never been the case in any game I've played.
There's a reason the most experienced players (Brody, Job) always advocate a lynch. It's the much better option.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-09-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And it made no sense then! I didn't respond for 10 minutes while I was eating lunch. That is what your vote is based on. This doesn't help your argument against me.
15 minutes. I also just have not liked how you have approached this game. Now saying I am the only one you are suspicious of and then not voting for me. Either you don't want to start the lynch train on me because you don't want to be the first one looked into when I come up good or you want someone else to start a lynch train so you can hop on it and do what you do and lay low.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the desired effect of Renji's plan, but not so much the plan itself. I think it's good to get the mafia second guessing. I think that sometimes is accomplished when people ask to be watched, but that does little for us if we don't know if they are good and can be a sketchy/selfish move in itself.

Quote:
In every game I've played where no lynch was an option but not used, no new usable information came out from the lynch. That's completely true.
Are you saying we've never been able to gather anything from a Day 1 Lynch? I don't want to get into specifics of why that is wrong, but suffice to say I don't agree.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's a reason the most experienced players (Brody, Job) always advocate a lynch. It's the much better option.
I couldn't care less what the 'most experienced players' advocate. That it no way makes them right.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-09-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Are you saying we've never been able to gather anything from a Day 1 Lynch? I don't want to get into specifics of why that is wrong, but suffice to say I don't agree.
Not in a game that I played where no lynch was an option, no. Its possible, but very rare, and not worth it to me.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-09-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
15 minutes. I also just have not liked how you have approached this game. Now saying I am the only one you are suspicious of and then not voting for me. Either you don't want to start the lynch train on me because you don't want to be the first one looked into when I come up good or you want someone else to start a lynch train so you can hop on it and do what you do and lay low.
15 minutes vs 10 minutes. Who gives a ****? That is what your lynch is based on. Do you realize how incredibly stupid that is?

I didn't vote for you because I don't actually think you're evil. And if you call what I'm doing laying lower you must be really, really stupid. I am among the top posters and have been engaged in debates with two of you. How, exactly, is that laying low?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-09-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Deep I don't think you are reading all posts if you think I am voting for you because you did not answer for 15 mins. Go back and read them. I am voting for you because right now of all people I think you are most likely to be evil. Not one of your arguments has made sense to me.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updated Vote Count:

No Lynch (4) - CJ, Cigaro, JR, Forenci
Deep (1) - Gonzo

With 21 alive, 11 are needed for majority.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Cigaro evil like 95 percent of the time?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Deep I don't think you are reading all posts if you think I am voting for you because you did not answer for 15 mins. Go back and read them. I am voting for you because right now of all people I think you are most likely to be evil. Not one of your arguments has made sense to me.
What was your initial reason for voting for me? Because I didn't respond for 15 minutes.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-09-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Join with me my friend. Let us take out Deep! I say there is a 40 percent chance he is evil.

I have someone in mind that I find much more suspicious. I'm just not ready to make the play on it yet, I want to hear everyone chime in first.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

And what arguments of mine haven't made sense? I argued against the no lynch by saying it accomplishes nothing, a sentiment you have agreed with in the past.

I said I thought it was odd you were advocating a no lynch.

What did I say that didn't make sense?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-09-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, I went back and looked at the older games and here is what I found out.

The no lynch option has been used once (The Harry Potter Game). On day two, we lynched a member of the mafia.

Somebody has been lynched on the first day 9 times. 8 times, a good guy was lynched. The other time, a neutral member was lynched. When a good guy has been lynched day one, a bad guy has been lynched day two three times, a good guy has been lynched four times, and another time, no decision could be made so the game went straight to the night phase. In the game where a neutral was lynched day one, a good guy was lynched day two.

So basically, we are almost guaranteed to lynch a good guy today. Tomorrow, we have about a 1/3 chance of lynching a bad guy. It seems to me that randomly lynching doesn't give the information some of you seem to think it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
What was your initial reason for voting for me? Because I didn't respond for 15 minutes.
I didn't like your initial post and I wanted to make sure you felt a little heat and started talking. I intended in eventually changing it but nothing you have said since has convinced me to unvote for you. So you advocate a lynch, name me as the only person you are suspicious of and then you say you think I am good. Makes no sense.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I didn't like your initial post and I wanted to make sure you felt a little heat and started talking. I intended in eventually changing it but nothing you have said since has convinced me to unvote for you. So you advocate a lynch, name me as the only person you are suspicious of and then you say you think I am good. Makes no sense.
Because things stay the same from post to post. You can be unbelievably dense. You got upset because I said I thought you were a little off, and now you're claiming my suspicion of you makes me suspicious. You do this in every game.

At the moment, I think Cigaro is the most off. But right now so few people are posting it's hard to get a good feel for things.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-09-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Isn't Cigaro evil like 95 percent of the time?
I've been mafia once outside of the arena games, as far as I can recall.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-09-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Because things stay the same from post to post. You can be unbelievably dense. You got upset because I said I thought you were a little off, and now you're claiming my suspicion of you makes me suspicious. You do this in every game.

At the moment, I think Cigaro is the most off. But right now so few people are posting it's hard to get a good feel for things.
Do you really think I am upset by your incredibly weak accusation of me. It made me laugh. You said you think I am good. Why say I am suspicious then? You are playing exactly like evil Vidae right now.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

What made you start thinking I was good Deep?
Old 07-09-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What made you start thinking I was good Deep?
I don't think you would be this adamant over something if you were evil. You would be more likely to sort of fade off like Cigaro did.

And you still haven't given a reason as to why I'm evil. You say my arguments were flawed while not pointing out how they were flawed.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-09-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm here, and I'm posting from my laptop that is sitting on a tipped over oscillating fan.

Cause my laptop's fan broke.

So it's really annoying to post.

So wobbly.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote