Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 12-23-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'd rather the Packers get trapped in an avalanche and forfeit the game.
id enjoy that very much.

I actually dont care, i just want to win either way. None of the teams are going to be full strength

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The most important thing for next year is to improve the middle of the defense. I think both safeties need to be replaced, they need to draft one defensive tackle and one cornerback. Bass has been a pretty nice surprise. A lot of it will depend on what decisions Emery and co. make on which players to retain.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
So tell me honestly you guys;do you want Rodgers to start so you take our best shot? Or rather take the easier route with Flynntacular?
I have never cared about getting a teams "best shot." I want to win. I don't care if it's against Rodgers, Flynn, or my sister at QB. A win is a win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you will see an approach similar to the OL, to fix the DL this offseason. 4 new starters on the OL. Signed 1 high-priced FA, a 1-year deal on a decent player, and drafted 2 players (1 early, 1 late). I'm thinking the Bears sign one of the big $ DEs (Johnson, Hardy, Bennett- Martellus' brother). Then I'll guess they'll draft DL in the first, I could see them going Hageman, Tuitt, Jernigan, Murphy or Ealy. Then, I think they'll draft DL in rounds 3-5. I'd bring back Wootton and probably Ratliff if he's cheap and Collins, who will be cheap. Not paying Melton what he would want.

I think a move to a 3-4 could help Briggs, Bostic, and McClellin (though it's obvious, he's not very good). Wootton may benefit too if he's here.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense:

QB: Franchise Cutler, try to re-sign McCown. If a potential franchise QB somehow falls to us, take him and trade off Cutler for the best pick available.

RB: Cut Bush, grab a power back in the later rounds.

FB: Just re-signed Fiametta, but he only played like 20% of the snaps anyway, so whatever.

WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Wilson, and Bennett are under contract. Don't care after that. Marshall is going to ask for an extension this offseason. I don't think anyone has a problem with that.

TE: Re-sign Rosario for close to the minimum. Get Tony Scheffler to compete with him for the #2 spot; he had really good chemistry with Cutler in Denver.

OL: Re-signing Slauson has to be a priority. He was our best lineman this season. Jordan Mills kind of sucks, but didn't suck sometimes...so he should get another shot. If we can replace Garza cheaply, it should be done. Bushrod was predictably bad, but we're married to him with his guaranteed money. As ever, need more depth, too.

Defense:

DE: Cut Peppers, re-sign Wootton and move him back to DE to compete for a starting spot/#3 spot. Get a starting DE (or two) somewhere. McClellin needs to get tried out at SLB or moved back to 4th DE. Should not be a starter or the first guy up when an injury comes. Sucks against the run and at rushing the passer. Still looks like he needs to be on a 3-4 defense.

DT: Try to re-sign Melton. Sign Collins and Ratliff to really cheap contracts. If a good DT is available at either UT or NT, get him.

LB: Briggs is entering the last year of his cointract and will probably demand an extension this offseason. I'd hold firm on making him play for it. We need lotttttsssss of linebackers to compete for spots on this team. James Anderson needs to get out of town. DJ Williams can come back close to the minimum if he'll take it, preferably at SLB rather than MLB. Bostic and Greene are apparently not ready to start.

CB: Top 4 are free agents, and #6 and 7 are, too. If Bowman and Jennings want to come back on shorter contracts, that's cool. Tillman can retire or come back close to the minimum now. Frey sucked in the slot, giving up a QB rating over 110, but he's literally the last man standing. We need a few new CBs on the roster.

S: Jesus. Replace both with whatever.

The first three picks need to be able to start on defense. Any position is fine. The only acceptable offensive pick early would be if a starting franchise QB has an Aaron-Rodgers-type fall into our laps. The offense is pretty darned ok, other than needing some serious competition for starting OL spots, but those can be had in free agency. The defense was one of the worst in the league, and was historically bad against the run. Woof. If 3-4 pieces are what's available, switch to 3-4. If 4-3 pieces are what's available, stay 4-3. The defense is such a wreck and needs so many new starters, it doesn't matter which way we go...so just whichever proves the most cost-effective in pre-draft free agency.

Last edited by Monomach : 12-29-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:49 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After hearing some reports, I think Cutler will end up staying. Of all of the defensive free agents, I think retaining Wootton is the most important one. I am all for bringing back James Anderson. There are guys they can draft at other positions, as well as some defensive tackles out there for depth. Reports said that last year, the Bears were very close to picking Desmond Trufant, so I would not be surprised if cornerback is our first round pick.

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 01-01-2014 at 12:59 PM.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:54 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We resigned Cutler for 7 mother ******* years.

You're welcome Green Bay.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Signed Slauson and Tim Jennings too. So that's nice.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:41 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have to say I am a bit surprised you guys didn't franchise Cutler.

It'll be interesting how this deal was structured. The Flacco deal had a couple "outs" built into it and I'd think you guys would do the same thing.

Interested to see the money you gave him but with Marshall and Jeffrey, Cutler possess the skill set to utilize these guys all over the field. The stability could be a good thing for you guys as well.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post

I actually just came here to say what a nice resigning that was by Thompson for the Packers.

Seriously though, why in the world did they give him 7 years? Had he proven anything at all yet? Way to reward failure.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:52 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually just came here to say what a nice resigning that was by Thompson for the Packers.

Seriously though, why in the world did they give him 7 years? Had he proven anything at all yet? Way to reward failure.
Well it's only 126mil in total and the same guaranteed money as Rodgers. Cutler has been as successful as Rodgers so obviouslyyyyyyyyyyyyy he deserves it.....

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well, it's the NFL. 7 years isn't 7 years. I hope all the guaranteed money is in the first three so we have options after that.

I wanted to just franchise him, for sure.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:32 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may quit being a Bears fan....I hate Cutler more than any player who has played for the Bears...WHAT HAS HE DONE TO SHOW US HE IS WORTH THE MONEY...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post

Thank you. Appreciate it.
Thank God we didn't have to face Josh McCown again last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I may quit being a Bears fan....I hate Cutler more than any player who has played for the Bears...WHAT HAS HE DONE TO SHOW US HE IS WORTH THE MONEY...
He has a very strong arm.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I guess you've never watched Rashied Davis play. Or Shea McClellin. Or Rex Grossman. Or Cade McNown. Or Chris Williams. I could go on and on. Cutler's easily in the top 20% of Bears players I've seen.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Well, it's the NFL. 7 years isn't 7 years. I hope all the guaranteed money is in the first three so we have options after that.

I wanted to just franchise him, for sure.
Agreed, but it certainly shows they consider him the franchise QB. Even if there is an option for 3 year, a 7 year (reportedly 50+ mil guaranteed) contract shows support and faith.

Then again, he had a career high passer rating of 89 this season!

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Ok, so the real Cutler contract details just leaked.

After the first three years, it is indeed just base salaries for 4 years. He didn't get a signing bonus, so he can be cut in three years with zero cap penalty.

It's really a three year 54 million dollar contract, which is all guaranteed. Not so terrible.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-02-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But the cap charge is going to be spread equally if that's the case, so it's going to take up a large chunk of the cap of for the next three years.

Which is probably fine, considering how far under the cap we are anyway.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:40 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But the cap charge is going to be spread equally if that's the case, so it's going to take up a large chunk of the cap of for the next three years.

Which is probably fine, considering how far under the cap we are anyway.
Here's the most detail I have read: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...on-thereafter/

Quote:
In 2014, Cutler will earn a base salary of $22.5 million. In 2015, the base salary is $15.5 million. In 2016, it increases to $16 million.

After 2016, the deal becomes a year-to-year, no-cap-hit proposition, with salaries of $12.5 million in 2017, $13.5 million in 2018, $17.5 million in 2019, and $19.2 million in 2020. In each of those four seasons, Cutler earns $156,250 for each game he appears on the active roster, for a maximum additional earnings of $2.5 million per year and $10 million over four.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Then this is really a 4 year-57.5 million deal, which is even better.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Then this is really a 4 year-57.5 million deal, which is even better.
It would be 69 mil if he stays for the 4th year. The 4th year is that 12.5 base and then the 2.5 mil in per-game roster bonus.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

In Emery's press conference, he came right out and said that Shea is probably not a 4-3 DE and that Bostic is probably not going to work as a MLB.

I have to admit, I like that he can admit to mistakes quickly like that. I hate that it's the exact same things I said when they were drafted, though. I thought both of those were obvious. Angelo would have blown smoke up our asses and counted on them for another couple of years. +1000 points to Emery.

If we can salvage those two as OLBs, that'd be great, but man...with Hardin added on to those two, that's way too many picks in rounds 1-3 in his first two years not working at the positions they were drafted for.

-5 picks in the first three rounds.
-2 offensive starters. One wasn't really needed because of the FAs available, but still, a starter is a starter, so that's a win. Yay!
-1 defensive player out of the NFL in a single season.
-2 defensive players the GM called failures at the positions he drafted them to.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:39 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

We can agree that the 2012 draft was in need of a mulligan, but who's the defensive player out of the NFL in a single season?
Old 01-03-2014, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
We can agree that the 2012 draft was in need of a mulligan, but who's the defensive player out of the NFL in a single season?
Hardin. Injured all through college, injured all through his cup of coffee in the NFL, lol.

Apparently in practice he sucked at his conversion to safety, anyway. At least that's what Emery said in the presser

Oh, and both Emery/Trestman were asked about Mel Tucker's future. Neither one answered the question. I think they're going to try to get a replacement, but won't fire him until they find one. He was kind of the fallback option this season, anyway. Trestman had a staff built when he was hired...except for a D coordinator, and his first choice turned him down.

I feel a little sorry for Tucker with the injuries, but there were some serios coaching issues on defense, too...leading the league in missed tackles being the most glaring one.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-03-2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:09 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Putting 2 and 2 together, sounds like the Bears are going hybrid D next year.

Bostic not a MLB. Shea not a 4-3 DE. Briggs could be cut to save 5.5 Mil, but Emery mentioned his leadership. I think a true 3-4 would be hard to make happen in 1 offseason as the Bears would need a true NT, a true OLB (2 if you don't want McClellin, Bass or Washington starting), a 5-tech (just 1 if you keep Peppers, but need 2 with 10Mil extra cap to play with if you cut Peppers), and Bostic would have to play ILB....which is close enough to 4-3 MLB at either position that he may not be able to handle it if they don't think he can handle MLB.

With hybrid, guys like Collins and/or Melton, Wootton could be resigned, Paea would fit (unlike in 3-4). Hybrid plays similar 1 and 3 techniques that the Bears have typically played (gap shooting DTs).

I think the question now is who is going to be coaching the change to a hybrid D.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote