Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-20-2012, 05:46 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Denver shootings at The Dark Knight Rises premiere.

I know this has already been talked about in the previous thread, but I thought it needed it's own. This is some pretty heavy material. In case you people don't know:

Quote:
Reports out of Denver tonight say that there was a mass shooting at during the midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises in the suburb of Aurora. The local radio station KOA is reporting that as many as 10 people may be dead with dozens more wounded.

The situation is still ongoing and there are lots of conflicting, and occasionally conflicting reports, as police continue to search for suspects and interview witness. Here is the latest information we have:

Police gave an official statement around 3:30 a.m. local time and describe the incident this way: A round 12:35, shortly after the The Dark Knight Rises began, a lone gunman entered the theater carrying several weapons and set off a canister of some kind of gas, possibly tear gas or a smoke bomb.. The man began opening fire. More than 50 were people hit ten died in the theater, four more died after being transported to local hospitals. Police responded quickly and found the gunman in the parking lot near his car. The suspect (identified as a male in his early twenties) is in custody and there is "no evidence" that there was a second shooter.
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...lorado/54819/#

A video with two witnesses:

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:50 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the **** is wrong with people.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:55 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know. I can't sleep now. My goodness what if that was the theater I was in with my wife and friends. I've heard some more haunting tales from another witness, including one about a little girl with bullet holes in her back.

What is this world coming to...

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:59 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't even know what to say.

Not sleeping either Ness. Just watching news coverage. Wow...
Old 07-20-2012, 06:01 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The worst part is there was probably families with children there.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:11 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, didn't even make the connection until now how close this is to Columbine.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:15 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good list of time lines and stuff on reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comment...rora_massacre/

2nd thread continuing the previous link

live news

http://www.9news.com/video/9newsonline.aspx

**** man a 3 month old got hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 07-20-2012 at 06:56 AM.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:49 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unreal, watching about it now. Hopefully those that are injured make it. Tough to fathom this happening

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:50 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

The number has been changed from 14 deaths down to 12 according to the 9news coverage.

Last edited by TACKLE : 07-20-2012 at 06:54 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:08 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's insane how quick this info spreads on the internet. A ton of misinformation and witness accounts being thrown around right now. **** man i need sleep.

Shooter is apparently James Holmes, born December 13, 1987.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/226286792838623233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 07-20-2012 at 07:12 AM.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@JessicaRedfield "MOVIE DOESN'T START FOR 20 MINUTES!"

Heartbreaking. ****.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:30 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to take away from the serious situation, but i am wondering why there were kids there at a midknight showing. Who the **** would bring their 3 month old to this movie? No way that kid would sleep through what i assume is a loud ass movie. I asked a parent to leave one of the Harry Potter movies because their baby was crying through out most of it.

That aside. This is another tragic story of people losing their minds. Horrible
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Not to take away from the serious situation, but i am wondering why there were kids there at a midknight showing. Who the **** would bring their 3 month old to this movie? No way that kid would sleep through what i assume is a loud ass movie. I asked a parent to leave one of the Harry Potter movies because their baby was crying through out most of it.

That aside. This is another tragic story of people losing their minds. Horrible
Definitely sucks. But you have to imagine there are other families taking their sons/daughters aged 8-12 (in that region) to the showing because they just love Batman.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Good list of time lines and stuff on reddit

2nd thread continuing the previous link

live news

http://www.9news.com/video/9newsonline.aspx

**** man a 3 month old got hit

Some really good stuff on reddit from people there. Somebody posted pics of his gunshot wound and him being at the hospital

Glad they got the guy before he could off himself. Terrifying stuff
Old 07-20-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw it on the news this morning. My thoughts and prayers are for the victims and their families.

Hopefully the injured pull through ok.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

9gag is going to take a ton of heat for this. Apparently he was posting there that he was going to do this and the members there were egging him on saying he wouldn't and giving him tips and stuff.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is why I wish being 'Too stupid to live' was a crime punishable by death. Clearly, anyone who goes to a public theater the night of a huge movie release and shoots at the crowd is too stupid to live.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
9gag is going to take a ton of heat for this. Apparently he was posting there that he was going to do this and the members there were egging him on saying he wouldn't and giving him tips and stuff.
I mean I know it is the internet and all, but giving tips on how to murder people should not be permitted in any medium.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, this is just ******* awful and sad. Ugh.

And 9gag is full of retards so that doesn't surprise me at all.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I mean I know it is the internet and all, but giving tips on how to murder people should not be permitted in any medium.
Yup, totally. People should only be allowed to give tips on how to bake chocolate chip cookies on the internet.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Yup, totally. People should only be allowed to give tips on how to bake chocolate chip cookies on the internet.
Because they are the same thing.

Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not to make light of anything but we make jokes here all the time about killing people.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-20-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Not to make light of anything but we make jokes here all the time about killing people.
If the comments made by those morons at 9gag contributed to the death of even one extra person, it is not ok.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
If the comments made by those morons at 9gag contributed to the death of even one extra person, it is not ok.
I didn't say that it was but let's not kid ourselves that on no other webiste people joke around about stuff like that. Look in every RDT we have and I'm sure there is at least 1 joke about someone is going to get killed this way or another.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-20-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I didn't say that it was but let's not kid ourselves that on no other webiste people joke around about stuff like that. Look in every RDT we have and I'm sure there is at least 1 joke about someone is going to get killed this way or another.
Eh. I haven't seen the thread so take what I say with a grain of salt, but if constructive advice (something you would not find here) was given, it is just different.