Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-08-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I've been in the same situation before. The hype is too high to actually deliver. I'm excited about it, but some of the people here are going to be really disappointed.
Oh absolutely anyone who is following the hype without watching the streams is going to be crushed. It's going to be a rough alpha but even then it's still going to be more polished than the mod :)

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I have a feeling that this is going to let a lot of people down. I'm not sayin, just sayin.
You say that as if it should be a surprise. I think everytime he has done a stream, reddit post, tweet, etc he has encouraged people NOT to expect much, and to hold off buying it if they can't deal with it being super buggy/without tons of features.

I fully expect the game to be super buggy, glitchy, and have game breaking bugs. However, I am excited to be a part of the testing process. I've watched this game develop and to see it culminate into an alpha is awesome.

The only people it is going to let down is people who like Trog said, don't watch the stream or listen to what Hall has said, or they are expecting this to be a really clean/finished alpha (which, historically, most alphas are RIDDLED with bugs and lacking features).

I am just hyped for the future. They have amazing plans, and a lot of them are close to implementation. Hunting should be in within the next week or so. Same with planting/crop growing. I mean, just watching that stream made me INCREDIBLY excited.

Could you imagine a group of us taking over the high rises in Cherno? Getting into huge firefights, stealthing our way around the city, etc.

The only way you can be disappointed by Alpha is by not paying attention to what he's said all along. I'm just excited to test the game and report bugs.

Honestly, I think you're selling it short, Vidae. The new engine architecture has completely blown the lid off this game and allowed for the implementation of so many things Arma 2 could never handle. This is not an Arma engine anymore. They can do pretty much whatever they want. The game has a LONG away to go but they've got a very large team pushing out daily/weekly updates. If you aren't into a super buggy alpha without a ton of features, I DEFINITELY would hold off buying it. Wait and see how it plays out. Meanwhile, I'll be playing the **** out of it. Can't wait.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is this going to let people down? The Day Z version that runs in ARMA is buggy as hell and we all loved it!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very true. Vidae is just a bitter little bastard!
Old 12-08-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Very true. Vidae is just a bitter little bastard!
Vidae is a big poopy head. Even if the ALPHA is buggier than the ARMA version which had massive issues, it will be fun because the DC guys run in a group. I hope it comes out soon because otherwise I won't be able to play till I go back to Australia :(

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I'm hoping it does too. Have all winter break to rape it.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Could it be? 100 new DayZ Standalone servers just came online...

Old 12-16-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly it is now up for sale on bistudio's (publisher) website. Reddit EXPLODED but the sites look like it's dead.

Nothing on steam yet but...

Old 12-16-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

REELEEEEEEEEEEEEEASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

Rocket said it takes a little longer to get on Steam previously. Trog we must play this...

And yeah, it was up for sale. I had it in my cart and could have bought it but I didn't have a BIS account and couldn't make it before the site died.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****. Why now? I just bought bought a house this week. Every single cent I have is going to that thing. And ever spare moment will be for prepping to move, renovating and moving. And then the baby comes.

WHY GOD??????

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

**** houses, get Standalone!
Old 12-16-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Price was 29.99 euro. :o Bit more than he mentioned previously but it could have been 59.99 and I'd still buy it now :P

Old 12-16-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Same. I think it was the same price as ARMA III Early Access so that might be a bit of Bohemia influence.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Wonder how long it'll take to hit Steam. I'd rather not buy from their website :P I'm far too lazy.

ROFL the publishing company's website is down. dayzgame is down. Reddit is misfiring on the DayZ page.

I think DayZ is just a little bit popular :P

Last edited by Trogdor : 12-16-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Previously, Hall said it took 10 minutes to put up on Steam. Hopefully it will come up soon.

But in all seriousness, you may want to wait NIP. If you don't have a lot a time it will probably be better to just wait anyway. Gonna be super buggy/limited in scope initially anyway.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

What a great trailer.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What a great trailer.
A+. That was a glorious trailer. The roapmap of the game should make it a TON of fun long-term. Of course this alpha is going to be barebones but they were talking yesterday about getting hunting and foraging in during the alpha.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

For those wondering about specs: Click the Spoiler and the recommended and minimal are in the bottom right :)

Old 12-16-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah, they said quite a bit is close to being implemented. I'm excited for planting/farming. That will be a ton of fun.

DAMN IT GET ON STEAM ALREADY SO I CAN BUY IT!
Old 12-16-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

ON STEAM! Downloading as we speak!
Old 12-16-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Same. My ****** internet :/ I'll get to play in a couple hours. :)

Old 12-16-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha hop on Vent if you want! Bantx and I are gonna play the **** out of this.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I buy this?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Previously, Hall said it took 10 minutes to put up on Steam. Hopefully it will come up soon.

But in all seriousness, you may want to wait NIP. If you don't have a lot a time it will probably be better to just wait anyway. Gonna be super buggy/limited in scope initially anyway.
But I don't WANT to wait! I want it NOW!

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

of course you should

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote