Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-24-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Fluker to big for G?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Teo would be fine, at the right point (perhaps #49?). It all comes back to value.

I think Teo is a better fit than guys like Minter.

His 'off field' concerns are nothing major, unlike the legitimate concerns of Aelx Ogeltree.

Having said that, there are some other good LB prospects, my favourite guy is Arthur Brown, who could potentially be in the mix at #19. Other guys I like include Jelani Jenkins, Jamie Collins and Gerald Hodges.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Isn't Fluker to big for G?
Leonard Davis became a probowl LG after moving inside.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Has anyone got any info on Connecticut LB Sio Moore?

From what I heard, he was expected to be undersized at around 230, but he showed up at 6-1, 245 with 29 reps.

He has been productive, in the last 3 seasons he has, 268 tackles, 43 TFL, 16 sacks, 18 PBU and 4 int

He seems like a very interesting guy, can anyone tell me what he plays like on the field?

at this point I am liking Moore as a mid round MLB/SLB option

Last edited by Big_Pete : 02-24-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: added stats
Old 02-25-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Leonard Davis became a probowl LG after moving inside.
I actually thought of Max jean Gilles who I liked as a prospect. However, I think in our scheme a huge guard would work. It may help on goal line and short yardage too. Now stupid toss plays. Just run an ISO or LEAD and have him 1 on 1 .
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i want tank carradine at 19. the end
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I've come to the conclusion we have no chance at getting Ansah. After teams passed up on JPP and Watt and saw how well they turned out, Ansah will go top 10. One GM will fall in love with him and take him top 10 and I don't blame them

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D. Jordan is a guy I am liking. I think he would be a good WILL LB who is big enough to play SAM as well. His skill set could be covering the TE and covering the RB coming out as well. His height is that of a DE, but speed of a LB, so he could be a good blitzer too. So I am taking a liking to him.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i want tank carradine at 19. the end
If we don't get lucky with Ansah, I want Tank. Both are so perfect to replace Tuck opposite JPP.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
D. Jordan is a guy I am liking. I think he would be a good WILL LB who is big enough to play SAM as well. His skill set could be covering the TE and covering the RB coming out as well. His height is that of a DE, but speed of a LB, so he could be a good blitzer too. So I am taking a liking to him.
Jordan is going top 10 also. It's a pipe dream to land him unless we deal up. Most have him pegged at #4 to the Eagles.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think at this point, any DE available at 19 isn't good enough for me to justify the pick. Ansah, Jordan, both gone. I'm not a huge Werner fan. Don't like Montgomery.

So to me, OL seems to be BPA at this point, unless a DT falls. Floyd scares me a little, although I love his measurables. Richardson is the guy I like at DT. I can justify a DB there as well.

But right now I think OL is the way to go at 19.

Tank has too many question marks for me to justify him over OL at 19. In round 2 absolutely. But at 19, I don't like it.

And Arthur Brown's stock will be decided in the next 4.5 seconds. If he doesn't run a blazing 40, he has no chance of being a 1st round pick. He's a 2nd round guy in my eyes that I would love to have.

Oggletree is a guy who is worth a look at 19 to me as well.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dammit man. I really wanted Ansah.

:(

It's like when Luke ran a 4.5 last year, and all my dreams were shattered. Ansah was this year's Luke Keuchly for me.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

My boy Cornelius Washington ran a 4.53. It's not too late to get on the bandwagon fellas.

I'm telling ya, he's gonna be a steal for somebody. I want him on the Giants.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Jordan is going top 10 also. It's a pipe dream to land him unless we deal up. Most have him pegged at #4 to the Eagles.
I know, but he seems like a good prospect. Ah well, I am sticking to my OL pick. Someone should be available either OT or OG. Cooper is a guy I am thinking.

Beatty (if we re-sign him) - Cooper- China Doll- Snee- Brewer

That wouldn't be all bad.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Ok, I don't want to overreact, but I want Cornelius Washington.

He's my guy. This combine performance only confirms what I already thought about him. He's a freak. And he's goooood. Watch him vs Alabama and watch him in the Senior Bowl. This dude is gonna be a beast.

I want Washington.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

4.50 For Washington. He's a freak. With 34" arms he did 36 reps. Incredibly powerful. Great broad and vertical jump. He's a bigger physical freak than Ansah and he's younger.

And when you watch him play, you see the athleticism stand out on tape. I'm telling you guys, go watch the Senior Bowl again. I said it before when i was studying these guys, I could make a strong case that Washington had a better Senior Bowl than Ansah. I saw all the same things I saw with Ansah and this combine is only confirming my beliefs.

And when I saw the Alabama game I saw the same flashes. This guy is a player. I want him on the Giants bad.

Trust me on this. Washington is a guy we want. He passes the eyeball test for me, and the freak test. Now we have to look into his character and why he didn't produce at Georgia, but I think for now he's a 1st round talent to me and a guy I'd select at 19.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I see where you are coming from, but I am very reluctant to get yet another DE and move them to LB, it has had mixed results.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Dion would play RE for us and be Osi Part 2.

The only LE that will be available to us that has a good grade for me is Tank. The rest are REs.

Washington has LE potential after seeing these combine numbers but he's a better RE than LE.

This in my eyes puts more pressure on JPP to learn how to play LE. If he can't, then we gotta investigate Tank and also see if Washington can play LE. I think he can. He has ridiculous power. He just needs to work on some technique.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan's going 2 to the Jags.

Washington will be there round 2.

Tank, without his injury, is an arguable top 10 pick.

Brown won't be there round 2.

Oggletree's just not that good IMO.

Fluker-Washington would be sex.

Tank-Short/Greene/LB/DT/DB/OT would be awesome as well
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Brown is gonna be there in round 2. His hype in this forum is reaching zzz potential, but the truth is he's not a 1st round talent. Hell of a player yes and I think he's going to be a very good addition to any team, but he doesn't have the height/weight/length/speed combo a ILB needs to be a 1st round talent.

And not running at the combine is a flag to me. He better run lights out at his pro day bc if he runs a pedestrian 4.7 at his pro day, that tells me he was afraid to run with the rest of these guys.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Brown is gonna be there in round 2. His hype in this forum is reaching zzz potential, but the truth is he's not a 1st round talent. Hell of a player yes and I think he's going to be a very good addition to any team, but he doesn't have the height/weight/length/speed combo a ILB needs to be a 1st round talent.

And not running at the combine is a flag to me. He better run lights out at his pro day bc if he runs a pedestrian 4.7 at his pro day, that tells me he was afraid to run with the rest of these guys.
oof. BBD, come on man. He's hurt. You're better than that.

He absolutely will not be there at our 2nd rounder there's 0 chance. Hell, i'd be fine with him at 19 if we didn't have such a plethora of DL guys to pick from.

He's a better player than Te'o, who people are having no trouble putting in the first, so I don't really get it
Quote:
Old 02-25-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
oof. BBD, come on man. He's hurt. You're better than that.

He absolutely will not be there at our 2nd rounder there's 0 chance. Hell, i'd be fine with him at 19 if we didn't have such a plethora of DL guys to pick from.

He's a better player than Te'o, who people are having no trouble putting in the first, so I don't really get it
I was unaware of that. I thought he just had a nagging injury or something, not a legitimate one.

And again, I'm not disagreeing with you. He's better than Teo, I like him better than Minter. But when we evaluate ILBs, he's not gonna do anything physically that makes you say he's a 1st/early 2nd round pick. He's a good player but to be that high of a selection as an ILB you need to have physical tools that stand out and he doesnt have that.

That's why Oggletree gets a 1st round grade and he doesn't, despite the strong possibility that Brown could be a better NFL player.

Trust me, he'll be there. If Lavonte David and Bobby Wagner fell last year, this guy will be here this year. There's a lot of good players who will fall this year. This is a great year to have multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks bc of that. It's weak at the top of the draft but there's a ton of equal talent from the 20s all the way to the end of the 2nd round.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

4.71 official for Khas
4.84 official for Beau

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

a little bummed at greene's. not surprised by stevie beau's
Quote:
Old 02-25-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Beau is gonna prove me right dammit. I have high hopes for Beau. He'll never be Ray Lewis but he can have a NFL career in the right situation.