Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-06-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have a feeling Kyle Long sneaks into the 1st round. Or early 2nd. I'd love him but I don't think he'll be there.

Brown is more wishful thinking for me.
I see your point and wouldn't be surprised either

I don't think Brown will be there in the second round, I think he goes anywhere from the mid first to early second. There are just too many teams after quality LBs

I currently have Brown in he mix at 19
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:56 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is the general kind of thing I wouldn't be surprised to see on draft day

19: G Chance Warmack, Alabama

49: LB Manti Teo, Notre Dame

81: CB Logan Ryan, Rutgers

116: S TJ McDonald, USC

152: LB Gerald Hodges, Penn St

187: WR Denard Robinson, Michigan

225: RB Knile Davis, Arkansas

253: OT Reid Fragel, Ohio St

Last edited by Big_Pete : 04-07-2013 at 06:02 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Teo!

I keep forgetting about Hodges. I'm a big Hodges fan and think he's great value in the 3rd.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and i don't think we'd draft 2 LB'ers and not address DL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Connor and Rivers back, we probably don't have enough roster spots for 2 LBs unless we cut either Paysinger or Herzlich. Or both. Which I wouldn't mind btw.

Btw, check out NYGiantCentral's youtube page. He has some great clips on Connor, Ojomo, and Myers.

Ojomo, he was productive but I just don't see it. He has a slow first step, and has trouble shedding blocks. I like Tracy more. I always liked Tracy, I think he has a ton of potential.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I really like Lawrence Okoye as a developmental DE or OT prospect.

He is going to need a lot of development but he has the physical tool and work ethic

http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/04/07/lawr...nes-first-day/
Old 04-07-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
and i don't think we'd draft 2 LB'ers and not address DL
It's going to come down to value.

Reese has already addressed DT.

I can see us going with two LB in the draft.

I think we go with seven on the roster

Sure we have Rivers and Connor but I think there is room for two more.

We do have 5 LBs on the roster, but all five are off contract after the season (though 3 are RFAs).
Old 04-07-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I did the last five round forum mock.

It says Demontre Moore in the first, but I had DJ Fluker sent to the admin and he missed it. I had issues logging in so had to rely on draft boards to the admin.

My strategy was pretty much to sit back and take the highest player available.

So my five rounds for NYG should have ended up like this:

1 RT DJ Fluker, Alabama

2 CB Johnathan Banks, Mississippi St

3 DB Logan Ryan, Rutgers

4 DT Bennie Logan, LSU

5 LB Gerald Hodges, Penn St

Overall pretty happy with that.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 04-07-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No Teo!

I keep forgetting about Hodges. I'm a big Hodges fan and think he's great value in the 3rd.
I am not a Teo fan, but I have a feeling it could happen.

Hodges could well be available in the 4th or 5th. This LB class is deep and talented. Hodges is flying under the radar big time but he can play.
This is the kind of LB pick Jerry Reese likes to make.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I think about it, the more I think they'll end up taking one of the OGs when they fall...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there more I think about the draft, I want Arthur Brown in the 1st. He'd be the stud MIKE for us for the next 10 years
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Arthur Brown is someone I like at 19 as well.

However, while it could happen, I am not sure how likely it is. It all depends on how the draft shakes up, but I could see us going OL in the first.

This draft is deep at LB, so we could target someone like Gerald Hodges in later rounds.

There are so many options that we can go in this year, the draft is wide open. All I can say is expect the unexpected.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't lie. I do not like Brown at 19. If he happens to be the true BPA, okay, but I just don't think he will be.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I won't lie. I do not like Brown at 19. If he happens to be the true BPA, okay, but I just don't think he will be.
The trend of you not liking good things bodes well for Arthur Brown and his career
Quote:
Old 04-08-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The trend of you not liking good things bodes well for Arthur Brown and his career
Haha, you know my feelings on LB's. They're just overrated. Especially one who as of a couple days ago BBD said COULD be at our 2nd round pick. Or at least he listed him as on guy who might be at our pick.

I think Brown will be a really good LB. If he was at our 2nd round pick I would take him in a heartbeat. I just don't like wasting a 1st round pick on a LB. Not when we have so many other defensive needs.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Haha, you know my feelings on LB's. They're just overrated. Especially one who as of a couple days ago BBD said COULD be at our 2nd round pick. Or at least he listed him as on guy who might be at our pick.

I think Brown will be a really good LB. If he was at our 2nd round pick I would take him in a heartbeat. I just don't like wasting a 1st round pick on a LB. Not when we have so many other defensive needs.
I agree with your take on linebackers usually, but maybe it's just I'm getting so sick of mediocrity at it for us. Sick of this musical chairs game with stopgap free agents we play every year. I'd just love for a solid guy to man the middle for us for a decade.

And I know BBD's take on Brown falling, but I HIGHLY doubt it. Highly, highly doubt he'll fall to the 2nd, let alone our pick there
Quote:
Old 04-08-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Brown falling to the 2nd is wishful thinking for me. I thought he'd be there bc I didn't expect him to run that well, and I figure a guy who is a bit undersized with average speed will be a mid 2nd round pick.

But he ran extremely well at his pro day, and now 2nd round looks like it's not realistic unless we move up to get him.

Now do I feel better players will be on the board at 19? Depends on how you value LB I guess. Would I mind if we took him at 19? No. I think he's gonna be a stud, so why would I be upset if we took a stud in the 1st?

I just love him as a player. His value is debatable, but at the end of the day a stud is a stud. You want studs on your team, that's a good thing.

I think the realistic guy on my radar is Xavier Rhodes. Honestly we can go in a million directions and I'll be fine with practically all of them.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I agree with your take on linebackers usually, but maybe it's just I'm getting so sick of mediocrity at it for us. Sick of this musical chairs game with stopgap free agents we play every year. I'd just love for a solid guy to man the middle for us for a decade.

And I know BBD's take on Brown falling, but I HIGHLY doubt it. Highly, highly doubt he'll fall to the 2nd, let alone our pick there
I'm okay with mediocrity at LB. We've won two Super Bowls with bad/below average LBs. The money we have saved on not drafting and overrated position has helped us immensely in other, more important areas.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Here is the general kind of thing I wouldn't be surprised to see on draft day

19: G Chance Warmack, Alabama

49: LB Manti Teo, Notre Dame

81: CB Logan Ryan, Rutgers

116: S TJ McDonald, USC

152: LB Gerald Hodges, Penn St

187: WR Denard Robinson, Michigan

225: RB Knile Davis, Arkansas

253: OT Reid Fragel, Ohio St

Wishful thinking bro. Warmack is going top 10 and Teo will go off the board shortly after we pick 1st round (plus, to play MLB you need to be smart and athletic, and Teo is neither). Logan Ryan is good but is 5'11 and i'm worried he is too small.

First round, i truly think we should trade down and get an extra 3rd round pick or something. Teams behind us all want WRs and we can trade back 5 picks and secure a much needed extra pick. There is no one at 19 that stands out truthfully. If Warmack is there, sure, great- grab him and don't look back. I'm not high on Olgetree, Fluker @ 19 seems like a bad value pick and Desmond Trufant would be the only guy I would consider and I think we can get him even if we trade down.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I'm okay with mediocrity at LB. We've won two Super Bowls with bad/below average LBs. The money we have saved on not drafting and overrated position has helped us immensely in other, more important areas.
Keep being skeptical! Everything you're skeptical about always turns out great. Like the Knicks.

#KnicksIn2013

I'm gonna be wiping my ass on Southbeach with a Knicks towell in the ECF baby!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...wait a minute...is fagenci a heat fan? Worst. Person. Ever.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

He might as well be, being such a negative nancy all the time. He's the Buzz Killington of Knick fans.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Brown falling to the 2nd is wishful thinking for me. I thought he'd be there bc I didn't expect him to run that well, and I figure a guy who is a bit undersized with average speed will be a mid 2nd round pick.

But he ran extremely well at his pro day, and now 2nd round looks like it's not realistic unless we move up to get him.

Now do I feel better players will be on the board at 19? Depends on how you value LB I guess. Would I mind if we took him at 19? No. I think he's gonna be a stud, so why would I be upset if we took a stud in the 1st?

I just love him as a player. His value is debatable, but at the end of the day a stud is a stud. You want studs on your team, that's a good thing.

I think the realistic guy on my radar is Xavier Rhodes. Honestly we can go in a million directions and I'll be fine with practically all of them.
I think we will likely go with Warmack, Cooper or Fluker most likely.
Brown is a stud but is he worth the 19? It would be a big call by Reese in my opinion, but it would be a big call by Reese.

This year is really hard to predict likely trends.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think this is the major point why it is hard to see a first round LB

Mind you prior to last year the same argument could be said of RB
Old 04-08-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arthur Brown is a good prospect and when you re-think the 2013 class it could definitely end up looking like he was worth the 19th pick in retrospect.

But 4-3 teams generally have a hard time taking linebackers in the first round and Reese hasn't invested high picks in LBs in the past.

It's just not a premium position in today's NFL.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote