Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-25-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wanted Rhodes still not happy about Pugh.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hearing TC, Reese and Ross, makes me want to see the kid. I still not a fan of the pick, but I want to see this play out. I do like his versatility.

In the interview on MSG, he will learn all 5 spots if need be. So from the versatility standpoint, he fits our mold.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I will give JR the benefit of the doubt for sure.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Based on what I heard from all 3 guys, TC, Reese and Ross. I want to see how he does. I think being a leader, capt, clean player, technique player, who is versatile is why we took him. According to Ross, he had a very good combine interview. Very smart player he said.

So.. let's see how this works. He can play all 5 spots, and interviewing him on MSG on the phone he said he play where ever.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't hate it at all...coughlin said on msg that he's ready to start "from day 1 which is rare" and can play any oline position including center. he may have been somewhat of a reach but i trust reese to get the player we need

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

quit hating on Pugh people

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Second round will be interesting. Do we move up for Carradine if he's there?
Old 04-25-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i do think the 49ers traded up in front of us to get reid b.c that's who we wanted...ohm youngmisuk reported earlier today that vaccaro, fluker and reid were on the top of the board

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-25-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
quit hating on Pugh people
I respect your opinion, but I've seen him get destroyed way too many times, and that was just against Rutgers. Against mediocre pass rushers.

He'll be a fine guard, but nothing special. Nothing worth pick 19. 2nd round? Fine. Not at 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I am not sure I think of 2nd round guys.. Maybe a LB? Not sure who else I know or want for that matter.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
athleticism isn't everything. he's just not that good, IMO. He'll be an average/solid guard for us. it's fine, but not at 19. not over tank. not over Rhodes. not over Floyd.
Calm down Scotty, Reese and co certainly know what they are doing.
I wouldn't relegate him to guard just yet. Let's see how he goes on the field, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I was commenting on Pugh's athleticism when you compared him to Diehl (whom we won superbowls with at left tackle).

I completely understand that you aren't keen on the pick, which of course id perfectly fine. But step back from the edge! :)

We can get good DT and CB in later rounds if we want to go that way. A lot can be said for retooling our aging Oline and keeping Eli upright.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 04-25-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I am not sure I think of 2nd round guys.. Maybe a LB? Not sure who else I know or want for that matter.
I am looking in the next couple of rounds at LB, CB, maybe DE, DT, heck I'd be ok with Barrett Jones to groom as Baas's replacement.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

guys there is still SUCH value on the board for us in the 2nd round....ogletree has not been taken, teo (i know we hate him but 2nd rd id absolutely take him), arthur brown, carradine, moore, etc etc

i think we'll wind up with a great draft

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I still want a guard. We have no depth there. We have a collection of Tackles.

Brewer, Puke, Beatty, Mosley, and David D.

David D, Boothe and Snee are the only guards. Our depth is skeptical still for a team with a china doll at center, and Snee coming back from surgery.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I respect your opinion, but I've seen him get destroyed way too many times, and that was just against Rutgers. Against mediocre pass rushers.

He'll be a fine guard, but nothing special. Nothing worth pick 19. 2nd round? Fine. Not at 19
even if he is a guard, i'm ok with that. boothe is on a 1 year deal and snee is up in age, we are gonna need to address that position anyway. beatty and pugh will hopefully anchor this line for the next 6-10

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-25-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

puke's gonna be a guard.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

ogletree just went....unfortunate...i actually thought he'd slip into the 2nd rd. he's talented as sh*t

arthur brown....i'm praying we get him 2nd rd---he's exactly what we wanted in clint sintim

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-25-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

HAHAHA the cowboys picked a center, mayock had rated as a 3rd rd guy....jerry jones is such a arrogant moron...he thinks he knows better than everyone else

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-25-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

ogletree sucks though, so that's ok
Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/vi...5-71b1b700d1ad

jpugh highlights

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-25-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

from giants101.com

Quote:
Meanwhile, head coach Tom Coughlin says Pugh projects to be a right tackle, but can also play center.
Looks like Pugh is viewed as a RT at least initially
Old 04-25-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

here is some info about Justin Pugh

Quote:

3. JUSTIN PUGH, Syracuse (6-4 , 304, 5.15, 1-2)

Three-year starter at LT. "He is short-armed (32), and he does play short-armed," one scout said. "Everybody wants to make him a guard because of that. That's fine. Maybe. I like bigger, thicker guys at guard. I'll make him a center. I was thinking about guys like Max Unger or Trey Teague, somebody that made the tackle-to-center switch. You can get away with shorter arms and less mass at center."

Graduated with a degree in finance in 3 years. "One of the smartest guys I've (scouted) in 12 years," another scout said. "Like a coach on the field." From Holland, Pa. Played in a pro-style offense. "He came into our room at Indy and told us he was a left tackle, which I'm sure his agent told him to say because they make the most money," a third scout said. "He doesn't have the feet to play out on an island. He is ornery. Good technician. He's high intangibles. He bends well enough. He's a second- or third-round guy that will be a solid player for a long time."

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013-nfl-...stant-reaction
and

Quote:
Giants go against type, take OL Pugh - NFC East Blog - ESPN

It's an interesting pick because there are a couple of ways they can go with it. Pugh played tackle in college, but his arms measured short at the combine, so the pre-draft consensus was that he might be better used at guard in the NFL. The Giants have an immediate need at right tackle, and could try Pugh there. And with starters Kevin Boothe and Chris Snee returning at the guard spots, there doesn't seem to be room for him to play guard for them right away.

But these are the Giants, remember, and they don't generally use the draft to fill immediate needs. Their philosophy is that the draft is for finding high-quality players that help them build and maintain a deep roster at all possible positions. So in Pugh, they get a guy who might be able to play some tackle and might be able to play some guard and they bring him into a situation where he doesn't have to contribute right away but has a chance to play himself into a starting role whenever he's ready for it. It's not ridiculous to think he could beat out Boothe with a big camp, and if he doesn't, and they don't like him for right tackle, maybe he hangs around as a versatile reserve until he develops into a starter.

Rapid Reaction: Giants take Justin Pugh - ESPN New York

HOW HE FITS IN: The Giants’ line may be set for this season with exception at right tackle. David Diehl and James Brewer are candidates to start and Pugh might be in the mix as well.

With Diehl and Kevin Booth both on one-year deals, Pugh likely could be a starter on the line next season.

PROJECTED IMPACT: He provides immediate needed depth for the line. The Giants feel he can begin as a tackle but can fill in at any spot on the line. Could push to start at right tackle with a good camp but biggest impact may come in 2014 as a starter.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013-nfl-...tion-by-giants
Old 04-26-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

My top five round 2 guys are

CB Jamar Taylor
LB Arthur Brown
LB Manti Te'o
S Johnathan Cyprien
WR Justin Hunter

My top five round 3 guys are

OL Barrett Jones
LB Khaseem Greene
DE Sam Montgomery
CB Logan Ryan
LB Zavier Gooden
Old 04-26-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outside of Arthur Brown I would take every guy you have listed in the 3rd over the 2nd round guys.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:08 AM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So lets be real, we reached on Pughney.

Pros: Technician, Smart, Versatile

Cons: Weak tit with T-Rex arms (not a good combo)

Syracuse plays in the Big East. Syracuse didn't see the best pass rushers/blitzing defenses. How do we know his arms won't be a problem? He took good angles against pass rushers who will never see the bench on a pro team.

Unless someone gets hurt we drafted a backup for 2013. He's going to be a future left guard or center.

31st ranked Defense and we draft a back up weak tit OL with T-Rex arms. Makes perfect sense.

Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote