Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-27-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Na man, I'm taking the pass rusher over the OT every time. More of an impact. Clowney is a once in a generation pass rusher, you take that over the #1 OT every time.

We're fine at OT anyway, we need interior OL help.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OT means Pugh inside, that's 3/5 ol spots locked up. Let Damontre do his thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand that, but Clowney is Clowney man.

I personally just feel the OT position is overrated. I wouldn't want to take one that high. I think interior OL is underrated and you can find those guys in round 2 and 3.

Clowney also gives us leverage over JPP. You can always let him walk if he's too much money.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have no idea what Moore is. Yes he looked good but that was preseason. You have to take Clowney in that situation.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if Moore and Clowney are both awesome, we're the giants, having three beasts at DE with Eli on the otherside of the ball is how we've won 2 SBs recently. JPP, Clowney and Moore, with Big Hank to help stuff the run and our secondary would be the makings of a defense that can dominate again.

The offense just needs two capable starters on the interior OL, you can find one in FA and one on day two. Beatty-Booty-Mack-Rookie-Pugh and we're golden.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Offensively, I want us to get 3 new interior OLmen in the draft and FA someway.

The draft pick has to be either a 1st or a 2nd, 3rd round at worst. No more mid round guys.

Ideally I want a premier pass rusher (Clowney) with our 1st and then just go heavy on OL the rest of the draft.

We need to be aggressive in FA as well. I want Byrd to shore up the secondary. I want Mack to fill in at Center.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we are in the mix for clowney, I would take him

I am thinking a FA OT, move Pugh inside and draft a stud OG in round 2
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
If we are in the mix for clowney, I would take him

I am thinking a FA OT, move Pugh inside and draft a stud OG in round 2
I prefer to spend money and higher picks on centers and guards than tackles because i think the value's better, especially since we've already spent a 1st day pick on one tackle, and a 2nd day pick and a big contract on our other tackle. But I'll be happy with any quality starter we can get from FA.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I put this in the wrong thread but I don't want Clowney. Can't believe he just took himself out of the game yesterday.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Atta boy Clowney. Keep dropping. Drop all the way to us.

Remember when Robert Quinn did the same thing? Or when when Coples did that?

Clowney will be fine. He's not going to put himself in harms way, it's a business decision. Everyone will forget about it once he's sacking quarterbacks in the NFL.

Did you see our pass rush yesterday? Clowney isn't a luxury, he's a need pick.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need Moore to play more. Tuck wasn't horrendous but meh. JPP could be healing a bit which would be cool. I REALLY like Nix but idk if that's a need. I just got a hardon from Hankins last night
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Na man.

1. He's from Notre Dame. So he's overrated by default.

2. DT bust rates are incredibly high and we can't afford to miss.

3. Always take the edge guy over the interior guy.

4. Clowney is better.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I'm just saying I like him haha. At this point, I'm not sure what our biggest need even is. We need interior ol and d help.

And no surprise that our best players on D yesterday were our young guys. Ugh.
Quote:
Old 10-07-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we can just trade down and get a lot picks. Maybe a bottrom dweller will covet a QB and make a trade for that specific guy. That would be the best option. Stock pile picks and for god sake Ross stay away from project picks.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Depends what compensation we get. Do I want a couple extra 3rd and 4th round picks instead of taking Clowney? Hell no.

I'll take a potential HOF player over a couple of mid round scrubs any day. Ideally I want Clowney. He addresses a major need in a big way, gives us leverage over JPP in contract negotiations, and reestablishes our pass rush that we rely so heavily on.

The other needs can be addressed in FA and the rest of the draft. We don't need a million picks. We just have to hit on the ones we have.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Depends what compensation we get. Do I want a couple extra 3rd and 4th round picks instead of taking Clowney? Hell no.

I'll take a potential HOF player over a couple of mid round scrubs any day. Ideally I want Clowney. He addresses a major need in a big way, gives us leverage over JPP in contract negotiations, and reestablishes our pass rush that we rely so heavily on.

The other needs can be addressed in FA and the rest of the draft. We don't need a million picks. We just have to hit on the ones we have.
No, no, no. I mean big time stuff. Like Redskins giving Rams, or like what we gave for ELi. 1st rounds is the currency I am looking for. I would not answer the phone for anything less than 1s.

As in swap number 1s, 3rd 5, and 1 next year. That sort of stuff. I want to see more of Clowney and is bone spurs in his leg. If that's an issue more of a reason not to want him. A million picks is fine. We have shown with normal quantity we tend to whiff on a lot of them, mainly round 2-5.

JPP is a shell of himself so he pretty much is playing himself out of a mega contract.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Eh, JPP is hurt. I expected this from him. And he really needed training camp to hone in on his technique this year and that didn't happen. It's unfortunate.

But I'm not concerned about JPP. When those legs come back he'll be back. I honestly hope we extend him now for cheap. Get him 2 cents on the dollar while we can.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Eh, JPP is hurt. I expected this from him. And he really needed training camp to hone in on his technique this year and that didn't happen. It's unfortunate.

But I'm not concerned about JPP. When those legs come back he'll be back. I honestly hope we extend him now for cheap. Get him 2 cents on the dollar while we can.
Well still hurts his stock. Couldn't take on double teams. Got hurt, looks fat for some reason, and now P. Dot says JPP is fine physically , but mentally may not be playing fast or 100%.

I don't mind getting him cheap, but I still want a system change. I am wouldn't not change the system because of him. We may not get thst JPP of old back.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Alignment doesn't matter bro. 4-3 vs 3-4 is BS. That's a media driven explanation of defense thats antiquated.

A good coordinator will adjust his gap strategy to make the fronts work.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Alignment doesn't matter bro. 4-3 vs 3-4 is BS. That's a media driven explanation of defense thats antiquated.

A good coordinator will adjust his gap strategy to make the fronts work.
That's true but this forces any 43 coordinator to be aggressive. Spags was aggressive, and guys like Rex Ryan and his brother and Horton are in a 34 setting. Ideally I want a 34 but if we stick to a 43 than be aggressive.

Don't put all your eggs in the font 4 pass rush basket. Supplement your pressure with blitzes that actually get home!! I want a good DC who is aggressive.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

We all want an aggressive guy. Zimmer is on the top of my list of defensive minds available.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

FA:

Sign Jaryius Byrd and Brandon Albert.

Draft:

1. Clowney
2. Best available C or LB
3. Best available C or LB
4-7. BPA

Boom. All of a sudden our team is good again.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean, if Clowney is at our pick. We had BETTER take him. I don't care if he does end up busting. You DO NOT pass on a guy who can be a HOF/once in a decade type pass rusher.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I mean, if Clowney is at our pick. We had BETTER take him. I don't care if he does end up busting. You DO NOT pass on a guy who can be a HOF/once in a decade type pass rusher.
Now tell me you love your iPhone <3
Old 10-07-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

lol bbd, sometimes I do feel like your my long lost brown brother, except I want Mack more than Albert and a DB more than a LB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.