Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-19-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Damn, sorry Pete I keep saying I'm gonna do X, Y, and Z and I keep forgetting. I'll hit the reset button and start putting together some stuff when I can. Realistically I'll pick it up around the Bowl games.
No problem, I completely understand. Im currently looking at the csp and free agency

Im a little surprised st how it's coming along
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is interesting on the draft order, we are currently scheduled to pick at #15.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
It is interesting on the draft order, we are currently scheduled to pick at #15.
15?! Damn we fell. I figured we are still top 10 with a 4-6 record!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL is horrible this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah we're out of the Clowney sweepstakes.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, well I told you that a while ago. Glad you're taking it well, and haven't stomped the yard at all. Who do you have your sights on next as your latest fascination?
Old 11-20-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Yes, well I told you that a while ago. Glad you're taking it well, and haven't stomped the yard at all. Who do you have your sights on next as your latest fascination?
Don't know yet. I usually shy away from the draft until the bowl games. And I don't start forming final opinions on guys until the combine.

This is a good draft for linebackers which makes me happy. We need DB help, LB help, and a pass rusher on defense. OL help on offense. So we'll see.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

One guy I am liking as an option for us is Washington TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins

I think he would be a great fit here
Old 11-20-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Don't know yet. I usually shy away from the draft until the bowl games. And I don't start forming final opinions on guys until the combine.

This is a good draft for linebackers which makes me happy. We need DB help, LB help, and a pass rusher on defense. OL help on offense. So we'll see.
We need WR help IF our X leaves. Do you want RR playing X? If so, then who is Z? JJ? Murphy? We have zero TEs. Not saying draft one, but that position unit is a waste. JPP of TEs is useless thus far. OL is a big time issue.

We need LB, CB, and we can always sign a pass rusher. Eventually our guys have to do something unless we are gutting the DEs. No More Tuck, and Kiwi, and use JPP and Moore, and then draft a bunch. I can live with that.

We have decisions to make at key spots.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
One guy I am liking as an option for us is Washington TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Let's see how this offense goes in the off season. I was eyeing him as well. We need a TE that's for sure. If we want to play more of a dink and dunk, which I've been saying, then I would go with a 2 TE set. See if AR can stay healthy for once and play a rookie. And use Cruz, and RR, as Z and X respectively.

Bring back the 2007ish offense.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

As always much will also depend on free agency. I wouldn't be surprised if we added a couple of oline for example. How does that affect our needs
Old 11-20-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
We need WR help IF our X leaves. Do you want RR playing X? If so, then who is Z? JJ? Murphy? We have zero TEs. Not saying draft one, but that position unit is a waste. JPP of TEs is useless thus far. OL is a big time issue.

We need LB, CB, and we can always sign a pass rusher. Eventually our guys have to do something unless we are gutting the DEs. No More Tuck, and Kiwi, and use JPP and Moore, and then draft a bunch. I can live with that.

I think we have to be patient and see how Randle progresses. The night is still young with him. You see the potential. He's a TD machine. He just has to get more consistent which I think will happen with more reps.

If we lose Nicks, which we probably will, I think you draft a Z. Not a 1st round need, but WR depth in the draft is getting deeper and deeper, I think we can find a guy to play Z in round 3 if necessary. I'd love Coleman in round 2.

TE is a mid round need. Let's face it, we either get another FA or a mid round guy. We need more OL. If we upgrade on offense I think OL is clearly the priority position.

It's just too early to speak of any of it honestly bc we still have FA. For example, OG is a need right now. But if we get one in FA or get an OT and move Pugh to OG then is it still a high priority? We have to let the process play out.

I will say this, I know you hate the guy, but I've seen growth from Cordle with each passing week. I'm not ready to write him off yet. I was one of the few that liked him in the PS.

Quote:

Gun to my head, I think we go after Brandon Pettigrew in the offseason. He has all the qualities we look for at TE and won't cost a lot. He's big, a great blocker, has a long frame, is a redzone threat, and can catch the underneath passes. He's our prototype TE.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
As always much will also depend on free agency. I wouldn't be surprised if we added a couple of oline for example. How does that affect our needs
Depends on the specific position on the OL. But I am not sure how much it changes. We still have the spots listed above we still need to fill. We can draft a LB, and CB. We also have a lot of undrafted FAs which we probably invite to camp.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Two wins out of the Clowney race, two wins out of the division lead...NFL sucks so hard this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching nyg's head explode because of pettigrew's drops would be amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

As much as I talk about Pugh moving inside to OG and taking an OT in FA, according to PFF (Take it for what it's worth), Pugh is having a lights out season at RT.

He's actually playing better than all the OTs taken ahead of him.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Watching nyg's head explode because of pettigrew's drops would be amazing.
Then I'd push the panic button and make sure you are right next to me, so you can see it.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
As much as I talk about Pugh moving inside to OG and taking an OT in FA, according to PFF (Take it for what it's worth), Pugh is having a lights out season at RT.

He's actually playing better than all the OTs taken ahead of him.
I don't pay attention to that site. However, he has been steady for us. I'd like to see him after an off season to get bigger. I think he can get better. I am not thrilled on beatty. I think we have room for a lot of improvement on our OL. Like reese says bring in competition and let them fight it out, especially with our 5 and 7 drop passing system.

We have our balls tight up now. It's 1 step, and 3 step concept stuff. Still we can't run that without someone doing something stupid.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I don't pay attention to that site. However, he has been steady for us. I'd like to see him after an off season to get bigger. I think he can get better. I am not thrilled on beatty. I think we have room for a lot of improvement on our OL. Like reese says bring in competition and let them fight it out, especially with our 5 and 7 drop passing system.

We have our balls tight up now. It's 1 step, and 3 step concept stuff. Still we can't run that without someone doing something stupid.
PFF is a useful tool if understood properly, but shouldn't be taken without context.

Pugh is doing a good job out there. I don't like how guys get in his chest, but somehow he's making it work. He has great feet.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
PFF is a useful tool if understood properly, but shouldn't be taken without context.

Pugh is doing a good job out there. I don't like how guys get in his chest, but somehow he's making it work. He has great feet.
He makes it work because he has very good technique which is what they talked about regarding him in the draft process. He plays with very good leverage, has a good balanced kick step, and is impressive with his technique for a rookie. That's why he makes it work.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I think we have to be patient and see how Randle progresses. The night is still young with him. You see the potential. He's a TD machine. He just has to get more consistent which I think will happen with more reps.

If we lose Nicks, which we probably will, I think you draft a Z. Not a 1st round need, but WR depth in the draft is getting deeper and deeper, I think we can find a guy to play Z in round 3 if necessary. I'd love Coleman in round 2.

TE is a mid round need. Let's face it, we either get another FA or a mid round guy. We need more OL. If we upgrade on offense I think OL is clearly the priority position.

It's just too early to speak of any of it honestly bc we still have FA. For example, OG is a need right now. But if we get one in FA or get an OT and move Pugh to OG then is it still a high priority? We have to let the process play out.

I will say this, I know you hate the guy, but I've seen growth from Cordle with each passing week. I'm not ready to write him off yet. I was one of the few that liked him in the PS.

Gun to my head, I think we go after Brandon Pettigrew in the offseason. He has all the qualities we look for at TE and won't cost a lot. He's big, a great blocker, has a long frame, is a redzone threat, and can catch the underneath passes. He's our prototype TE.

I agree with nearly everything. We have seen Cordle grow. But let's be realistic, we changed our offensive scheme in terms of pass pro too. For example, say you stink at pass blocking, and we change the pass pro to quicker punch to the breast plate rather than kick step back for a 5 or 7 passing concept, would you say you're good now? Not just you, but is everything else good or better?

I don't think so because we tried bigger drops last game and Eli got sacked. I paid attention to that. So we went right back to running it and dink and dunk again. The OL may have marginally gotten better, but a lot of the growth is attributed to the scheme we run now. Quicker passing concepts, screens, curls, hitches, and slants. Use of HB, and FB now is utilized too. So Cordle has gotten better, but he is still not a starter. I would HATE if he come next year he is starting. That's just god awful management of a player if that comes to fruition.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah cordles actually looked pretty good which is really weird
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I am not sure that Nicks is gone. The fact is that we did have offers for Nicks before the trade deadline, but we kept him. That shows me that he does have value for the team and we want to retain him.

Sure he isn't playing well, but I am not convinced that injuries or personal factors are not in play as well.

Nick's value will take a hit, but I could easily see him being resigned for the same kind of deal we gave Cruz.

OL is our biggest issue, but I think we will look at free agency initially to upgrade and then look at draft options to groom for the future.

At TE I think we need one decent talent. We have Robinson, Donnell and probably Pascoe who are solid, but we need that difference maker and potential starter.

Other than that LB and CB seem to be our biggest needs.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I would like to see Snee back if he can get healthy and take a hefty pay cut (similar to Diehl's this year).

He does have experience and veteran leadership, at the very least he would provide veteran depth at multipe positions. He may not be a starter but he deserves a chance to compete.

I actually like the idea of moving Snee inside to centre.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I am not sure that Nicks is gone. The fact is that we did have offers for Nicks before the trade deadline, but we kept him. That shows me that he does have value for the team and we want to retain him.

Sure he isn't playing well, but I am not convinced that injuries or personal factors are not in play as well.

Nick's value will take a hit, but I could easily see him being resigned for the same kind of deal we gave Cruz.

OL is our biggest issue, but I think we will look at free agency initially to upgrade and then look at draft options to groom for the future.

At TE I think we need one decent talent. We have Robinson, Donnell and probably Pascoe who are solid, but we need that difference maker and potential starter.

Other than that LB and CB seem to be our biggest needs.

if so then fine, but I think he will bolt to Carolina and Dave G their GM will make a pitch for him. Panthers have lifted themselves up. So come to the Panthers and be our missing piece. I can see that kind of pitch being made for him.

I don't expect Nicks back. If he does I would be personally surprised. No more groom for the future nonsense! That idiotic way got us here. None of the back ups panned out and the starters we rode way too long and they are broken. Draft them and play them. We actually need to sac up and hit on our OL players. Stop with the project picks. God I can't stand that philosophy.

Our TEs are way short of solid. One guy barely plays, the other doesn't know what out of bounds is, and the other guy is servicable, but hailed for his versatility and work ethic in Bear P. But as a unit our TE corps is pathetic.