Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-13-2014, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Diehl is a FA. Snee and Baas are obvious cuts. Beatty is a problem. We're not signing Mack.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't feel comfortable going into next season with Beatty penciled in at LT. We just can't do it.

Either salvage him at RT or move him to the bench. Admit you made a mistake with his contract and move on. I rather do that then force him out there just because we gave him money.

I always hated Beatty. Stupid douche. One good year and the douche turns into a marshmallow again.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I do agree but I dout we do that. Reese made it sound like he will definitely be starter next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-13-2014, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I fully expect that. I just hope he's starting at RT instead of LT. I can live with him at RT. But he can't be a LT anymore.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I really don't want to move Pugh around a lot. Once we give him a position in 2014 I want him stick there for the next 10 years if he performs well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-13-2014, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Honestly the only reason why I want to move him out of RT is bc of Beatty. Bc we really are stuck bc of Beatty, Beatty can only play OT, and he clearly can't play LT reliably so I think we're stuck with hoping he pans out at RT. It would be too risky to go into next season with Beatty at LT again.

If it wasn't for that I'd be perfectly fine with Pugh at RT.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well if we feel comfortable with Pugh at RT and build up the rest of the OL, Beatty being our weak point wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I'd rather roll with Beatty at LT another year or two than **** with Pugh's development
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the 2014 East-West Shrine Game practive, the New York Giants formally interviewed South Dakota linebacker Tyler Starr.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
well if we feel comfortable with Pugh at RT and build up the rest of the OL, Beatty being our weak point wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I'd rather roll with Beatty at LT another year or two than **** with Pugh's development
I want to see competition, get the best guy in there to get the job done.

Coughlin's comments about Pugh as an option at LT is interesting.

I also found it interesting about Gilbide's comments about Beatty's toughness.

I like the idea of drafting Greg Robinson. Worse case scenario he can slot in at LG or RT while he adjusts to the NFL. He is going to be the stud OT we haven't had in years, but he is young.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
At the 2014 East-West Shrine Game practive, the New York Giants formally interviewed South Dakota linebacker Tyler Starr.
The Giants have also interviewed Eastern Illinois quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

One TE that I want to see some more info about is Troy Niklas, Notre Dame
(6-6. 270, 4.76)

He is reportedly a shade below Amaro, Ebron and Seferian-Jenkins but is in the same conversation.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
One TE that I want to see some more info about is Troy Niklas, Notre Dame
(6-6. 270, 4.76)

He is reportedly a shade below Amaro, Ebron and Seferian-Jenkins but is in the same conversation.
Hercules. My favorite TE in the draft.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

The Huddlereport updated their value board

I just looked at the rankings to give an idea of the players available at give an idea of the depth of this draft

here is the quick mock:

12 - CB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan St

43 - OT Antonio Richardson, Tennessee

74 - LB Christian Jones, Florida St

109 - TE Troy Niklas, Notre Dame

140 - OC Bryan Stork, Florida St

171 - DB Marqueston Huff, Wyoming

Last edited by Big_Pete : 01-20-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no way Niklas falls that far. I doubt Jones is there either
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed. Niklas is 2nd round talent.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I just went of their value board.

I guess the point I am making is that the value is going to be there later than what is expected.

there are 102 underclassmen this year and it is going to really impact the talent. Also WR, OL, TE, RB, LB and CB have plenty of depth.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Scott has Christan Jones ranked at 87, THR has him ranked at 89
Old 01-22-2014, 10:31 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drafted Players
Supplemental Picks Below Glossary SHARE Embed CSV PRE LINK ?
Passing Rushing Receiving
Year Rnd Pick Pos To AP1 PB St CarAV G Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD Int Sk College/Univ
2013 1 19 Justin Pugh T 2013 0 0 1 16 Syracuse
2013 2 49 Johnathan Hankins DT 2013 0 0 0 11 Ohio St.
2013 3 81 Damontre Moore DE 2013 0 0 0 15 Texas A&M
2013 4 110 Ryan Nassib QB 2013 0 0 0 0 Syracuse
2013 5 152 Cooper Taylor S 2013 0 0 0 10 Richmond
2013 7 225 Eric Herman G 2013 0 0 0 0 Ohio
2013 7 253 Michael Cox RB 2013 0 0 0 14 22 43 0 3 12 0 Massachusetts
Year Rnd Pick Pos To AP1 PB St CarAV G Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD Int Sk College/Univ
2012 1 32 David Wilson RB 2013 0 0 1 4 21 115 504 5 6 42 1 Virginia Tech
2012 2 63 Rueben Randle WR 2013 0 0 0 3 32 60 909 9 LSU
2012 3 94 Jayron Hosley CB 2013 0 0 0 3 23 1 Virginia Tech
2012 4 127 Adrien Robinson TE 2013 0 0 0 0 3 Cincinnati
2012 4 131 Brandon Mosley T 2013 0 0 0 0 13 Auburn
2012 6 201 Matt McCants T 2013 0 0 0 0 13
2012 7 239 Markus Kuhn DT 2013 0 0 0 1 15 North Carolina St.
2011 1 19 Prince Amukamara CB 2013 0 0 2 5 36 3 Nebraska
2011 2 52 Marvin Austin DL 2013 0 0 0 1 11 North Carolina
2011 3 83 Jerrel Jernigan WR 2013 0 0 0 0 32 3 63 1 32 351 2 Troy
2011 4 117 James Brewer OL 2013 0 0 1 1 24 Indiana
2011 6 185 Greg Jones LB 2012 0 0 0 3 22 Michigan St.
2011 6 198 Tyler Sash SS 2012 0 0 0 1 23 Iowa
2011 6 202 Jacquian Williams LB 2013 0 0 1 5 42 2.0 South Florida
2011 7 221 Da'Rel Scott RB 2013 0 0 0 0 20 31 98 0 13 115 1 Maryland
2010 1 15 Jason Pierre-Paul DE 2013 1 2 3 24 59 2 29.5 South Florida
2010 2 46 Linval Joseph DT 2013 0 0 3 13 53 9.0 East Carolina
2010 3 76 Chad Jones DB 0 0 0 LSU
2010 4 115 Phillip Dillard LB 2012 0 0 0 0 7 Nebraska
2010 5 147 Mitch Petrus G 2012 0 0 0 3 27 Arkansas
2010 6 184 Adrian Tracy DE 2012 0 0 0 1 16 1.0 William & Mary
2010 7 221 Matt Dodge P 2010 0 0 1 2 16 1 0 0 East Carolina
2009 1 29 Hakeem Nicks WR 2013 0 0 4 32 70 2 8 0 311 4622 27 North Carolina
2009 2 45 Clint Sintim LB 2011 0 0 0 2 24 1.0 Virginia
2009 2 60 William Beatty T 2013 0 0 3 20 66 Connecticut
2009 3 85 Ramses Barden WR 2013 0 0 0 4 29 29 394 0 Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo
2009 3 100 Travis Beckum TE 2012 0 0 0 2 48 26 264 3 Wisconsin
2009 4 129 Andre Brown RB 2013 0 0 0 4 22 214 876 11 32 189 0 North Carolina St.
2009 5 151 Rhett Bomar QB 0 0 0 Sam Houston St.
2009 6 200 DeAndre Wright DB 0 0 0 New Mexico
2009 7 238 Stoney Woodson DB 0 0 0 South Carolina
2008 1 31 Kenny Phillips DB 2012 0 0 2 17 56 8 Miami (FL)
2008 2 63 Terrell Thomas DB 2013 0 0 3 16 60 12 3.0 USC
2008 3 95 Mario Manningham WR 2013 0 0 4 23 68 5 54 0 211 2849 19 Michigan
2008 4 123 Bryan Kehl LB 2013 0 0 0 9 72 1 1.0 BYU
2008 5 165 Jonathan Goff LB 2011 0 0 1 9 37 1 2.0 Vanderbilt
2008 6 198 Andre Woodson QB 0 0 0 Kentucky
2008 6 199 Robert Henderson DE 0 0 0
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:45 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Huddlereport updated their value board

I just looked at the rankings to give an idea of the players available at give an idea of the depth of this draft

here is the quick mock:

12 - CB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan St

43 - OT Antonio Richardson, Tennessee

74 - LB Christian Jones, Florida St

109 - TE Troy Niklas, Notre Dame

140 - OC Bryan Stork, Florida St

171 - DB Marqueston Huff, Wyoming
this is not a bad mock draft by any stretch. it addresses all the key positions we need. Would Richardson be our starting LT? Would we keep Pugh at RT or move him to LT? i'm a little hestitant on moving Pugh around, as one one you guys noted above. Our oline situation is such a mess.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
this is not a bad mock draft by any stretch. it addresses all the key positions we need. Would Richardson be our starting LT? Would we keep Pugh at RT or move him to LT? i'm a little hestitant on moving Pugh around, as one one you guys noted above. Our oline situation is such a mess.
I just did this as an excercise on depth in the draft.

I think we could use Pugh in a lot of ways, he is very versatile. The coaching staff have already said they think he can play any of the positions.

I am not sure how the final draft rankings will shake out.

I currently like the idea of trading down to around 18-20 in the first round and pick Zack Martin. I actually think he is a more polished version of Pugh.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Drafted Players
Supplemental Picks Below Glossary SHARE Embed CSV PRE LINK ?
2013 1 19 Justin Pugh T 2013 0 0 1 16 Syracuse
2013 2 49 Johnathan Hankins DT 2013 0 0 0 11 Ohio St.
2013 3 81 Damontre Moore DE 2013 0 0 0 15 Texas A&M
2013 4 110 Ryan Nassib QB 2013 0 0 0 0 Syracuse
2013 5 152 Cooper Taylor S 2013 0 0 0 10 Richmond
2013 7 225 Eric Herman G 2013 0 0 0 0 Ohio
2013 7 253 Michael Cox RB 2013 0 0 0 14 22 43 0 3 12 0 Massachusetts
2012 1 32 David Wilson RB 2013 0 0 1 4 21 115 504 5 6 42 1 Virginia Tech
2012 2 63 Rueben Randle WR 2013 0 0 0 3 32 60 909 9 LSU
2012 3 94 Jayron Hosley CB 2013 0 0 0 3 23 1 Virginia Tech
2012 4 127 Adrien Robinson TE 2013 0 0 0 0 3 Cincinnati
2012 4 131 Brandon Mosley T 2013 0 0 0 0 13 Auburn
2012 6 201 Matt McCants T 2013 0 0 0 0 13
2012 7 239 Markus Kuhn DT 2013 0 0 0 1 15 North Carolina St.
2011 1 19 Prince Amukamara CB 2013 0 0 2 5 36 3 Nebraska
2011 2 52 Marvin Austin DL 2013 0 0 0 1 11 North Carolina
2011 3 83 Jerrel Jernigan WR 2013 0 0 0 0 32 3 63 1 32 351 2 Troy
2011 4 117 James Brewer OL 2013 0 0 1 1 24 Indiana
2011 6 185 Greg Jones LB 2012 0 0 0 3 22 Michigan St.
2011 6 198 Tyler Sash SS 2012 0 0 0 1 23 Iowa
2011 6 202 Jacquian Williams LB 2013 0 0 1 5 42 2.0 South Florida
2011 7 221 Da'Rel Scott RB 2013 0 0 0 0 20 31 98 0 13 115 1 Maryland
2010 1 15 Jason Pierre-Paul DE 2013 1 2 3 24 59 2 29.5 South Florida
2010 2 46 Linval Joseph DT 2013 0 0 3 13 53 9.0 East Carolina
2010 3 76 Chad Jones DB 0 0 0 LSU
2010 4 115 Phillip Dillard LB 2012 0 0 0 0 7 Nebraska
2010 5 147 Mitch Petrus G 2012 0 0 0 3 27 Arkansas
2010 6 184 Adrian Tracy DE 2012 0 0 0 1 16 1.0 William & Mary
2010 7 221 Matt Dodge P 2010 0 0 1 2 16 1 0 0 East Carolina
2009 1 29 Hakeem Nicks WR 2013 0 0 4 32 70 2 8 0 311 4622 27 North Carolina
2009 2 45 Clint Sintim LB 2011 0 0 0 2 24 1.0 Virginia
2009 2 60 William Beatty T 2013 0 0 3 20 66 Connecticut
2009 3 85 Ramses Barden WR 2013 0 0 0 4 29 29 394 0 Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo
2009 3 100 Travis Beckum TE 2012 0 0 0 2 48 26 264 3 Wisconsin
2009 4 129 Andre Brown RB 2013 0 0 0 4 22 214 876 11 32 189 0 North Carolina St.
2009 5 151 Rhett Bomar QB 0 0 0 Sam Houston St.
2009 6 200 DeAndre Wright DB 0 0 0 New Mexico
2009 7 238 Stoney Woodson DB 0 0 0 South Carolina
2008 1 31 Kenny Phillips DB 2012 0 0 2 17 56 8 Miami (FL)
2008 2 63 Terrell Thomas DB 2013 0 0 3 16 60 12 3.0 USC
2008 3 95 Mario Manningham WR 2013 0 0 4 23 68 5 54 0 211 2849 19 Michigan
2008 4 123 Bryan Kehl LB 2013 0 0 0 9 72 1 1.0 BYU
2008 5 165 Jonathan Goff LB 2011 0 0 1 9 37 1 2.0 Vanderbilt
2008 6 198 Andre Woodson QB 0 0 0 Kentucky
2008 6 199 Robert Henderson DE 0 0 0
If you are looking at Reese's tenure you should include 2007.

I have thought a few times about going over my notes and seeing who I would have picked over this time.

Some of the picks would have been the same, some would have been very different.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:14 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I just don't feel comfortable going into next season with Beatty penciled in at LT. We just can't do it.

Either salvage him at RT or move him to the bench. Admit you made a mistake with his contract and move on. I rather do that then force him out there just because we gave him money.

I always hated Beatty. Stupid douche. One good year and the douche turns into a marshmallow again.
You nailed it. Beatty played half way decent for one year of his career, received the contract and just fell flat on his face this year. he was a turnstile. I think Reese and the brain trust is far too smart to let this guy linger around. What are the thoughts on Kouandjio or Lewan? Even though LT is the biggest concern, those guys seem like reaches at 12.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:29 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

1) Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
2) Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State
3) Weston Richburg, OC, Colorado State
4) Caraun Reid, DT, Princeton
5) Trai Turner, OG, LSU
6) Jacob Pederson, TE, Wisconsin
7) Roosevelt Nix, LB, Kent State

this was my draft in the forum mock, thoughts?
Quote:
Old 01-30-2014, 08:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm glad you're as high on Dennard as I am. When I see long arms and the ability to jam at the LOS like he does, I get a tickle in the pickle.

I was a big Jimmy Smith fan in the draft (liked him more than Prince) and I love Dennard too.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:34 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm glad you're as high on Dennard as I am. When I see long arms and the ability to jam at the LOS like he does, I get a tickle in the pickle.

I was a big Jimmy Smith fan in the draft (liked him more than Prince) and I love Dennard too.
He honestly be my favorite player in the draft
Quote: