Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-21-2014, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From espn ny

the Giants front office have reportedly met with TE Jace Amaro (texas tech) and T Cyrus Kouandjio (alabama)
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:08 AM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Yankey just seems like a player the giants would target. I don't know **** about the Nevada T and I'm all for Jace. He wasn't asked to be much of an inline blocker but I noticed he does block well in space. He could be the type of big target Eli needs although I still prefer Niklas in the 2nd.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure on Amaro but that is more from a value point of view. I think I would prefer Nikkas in the second.

I totally agree about Yankey.

Bitonio seems like a decent 4th round option.

I wouldn't be surprised if we look at the Tennessee tackles as well.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Giants have reportedly met informally with Colorado WR Paul Richardson.

I don't know much about him to be honest. Ill have to do some digging.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Walterfootball.com has the Giants meeting with

Ka'Deem Carey, RB, Arizona

at the east west shrine game we met with
Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois
Tyler Starr, LB, South Dakota
Old 02-21-2014, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

It seems TE Eric Ebron is definitely on the Giants radar.

From espn

The Giants are so intrigued by Ebron (6-4, 250 pounds) that general manager Jerry Reese and vice president of player evaluation Marc Ross scouted him during the season and filed reports. The team's top two decision makers don't do that unless there's a high degree of interest in a player. Ebron scored high grades and will be a consideration with the 12th pick.

interesting it seems Ebron grew up as a Giants fan with Shockey as his favourite player
Old 02-22-2014, 09:33 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
It seems TE Eric Ebron is definitely on the Giants radar.

From espn

The Giants are so intrigued by Ebron (6-4, 250 pounds) that general manager Jerry Reese and vice president of player evaluation Marc Ross scouted him during the season and filed reports. The team's top two decision makers don't do that unless there's a high degree of interest in a player. Ebron scored high grades and will be a consideration with the 12th pick.

interesting it seems Ebron grew up as a Giants fan with Shockey as his favourite player
This is the guy I want. I am glad both guys personally went down and scouted him. That says a lot rather than having just the regional scout do it.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TE at 12. Yuck yuck yuck. We have so many more glaring holes on this team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:21 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
TE at 12. Yuck yuck yuck. We have so many more glaring holes on this team.
Yeah OL is what I really want, but if that is no dice when we are on the clock, then Ebron is a guy I'd like. CBs would be good as well. Only Wr I like is Watkins but he will be long gone. I don't want Evans.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if one of these OL will be there after this combine so far. Lewan, Robinson, and Matthews.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-22-2014, 01:08 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They might not be. It might be Ebron or a defender with the depth of the OL class
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
They might not be. It might be Ebron or a defender with the depth of the OL class
You figure 3 QB's maybe 4, Clowney, 3 OL are definitely gone. That leaves lots of great players on the board for us. I really don't want TE unless we trade back.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-22-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lewan might be there. I'm not sure if they'd take him with his character issues though...

They probably should just take Zack Martin at 12 and call it a day. Then let the coaches figure out who plays where between him, Pugh, and Beatty. You should have LT, RT, and one guard spot right there. Or two guard spots and one tackle.

Then you just need a center.

But Lewan would be the best pick football-wise. And I think he'll be there.

Assuming the Rams take Robinson at No. 2, if the Falcons OR Bucs pass on the other two LTs, the third should be there at 12. Obviously a lot can change but it looks that way.

Also, I'm not sure if this class is as deep as we want. I think we have 3 STUD LTs which is unusual but after that you have Martin, then a big dropoff. I don't trust Kouandijo. Maybe Moses can play LT I haven't watched him yet.

Last edited by gpngc : 02-22-2014 at 02:02 PM.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think we're going to roll the dice on one of Baas or Snee unfortunately.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-22-2014, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

The giants have reportedly met with WR Mike Evans (texas a&m)

From orr star ledger
Old 02-22-2014, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Here's the updated list of the prospects we know who have met with the Giants so far at this year's NFL Combine:

David Yankey, G, Stanford
Mauling guard who can do it all. Likely first-round pick.

Cyrus Kouandijo, OT, Alabama
Mammoth offensive tackle comes with concerns after failing several physicals, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

Joel Bitonio, OT, Nevada
His Combine bio labels the 6-foot-4, 302-pounder a "nasty finisher."

Jack Mewhort, OT, Ohio State
The 6-foot-6, 309-pound right tackle is likely a mid-to-late rounder.

Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
Top tight end on the board grew up a Giants fan. Will be an early pick.

Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech
Impressive pass-catching tight end who measured in at 6-foot-5, 265 pounds with a 4.74 in the 40. Likely a first or second-round pick.

Marqise Lee, WR, USC
Playmaking receiver who can do a lot of damage after the catch.

Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
Lean vertical threat with big-time speed. Only weighed 175 pounds despite standing at 6-foot-0 tall.

Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M 
Monstrous target who stands at 6-foot-5, 231 pounds. Will be a high draft pick.

Ka'Deem Carey, RB, Arizona
Slashing back who catches the ball well out of the backfield.

Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State
Bruising running back who likes to punish defenders.

De'Anthony Thomas, RB/KR, Oregon
Explosive and versatile player can play running back, wide receiver and return kicks.

From nj.com
Old 02-23-2014, 08:40 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This draft is so deep at OL and WR. We've got some real chances to have a killer draft and fill some holes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:17 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would very much enjoy trading back and picking up a 3rd round pick. Ebron might be a great decision, easy mismatch with almost any defender.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'd just sign Pettigrew and go elsewhere draft wise.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-23-2014, 10:22 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Man the Wrs have been tearing it up. Brandon Coleman at 6'6 240 at 4.50. I think that's unofficial. Mike Evans impressed me too. Good unofficial time as well.

This has to be the best potential draft class since 2004. I want to stay at 12 and pick up a blue chip prospect.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I love Coleman and have been touting him for years but pass unfortunately. He's never got better catching the ball. Him killing the combine is no surprise.

Evans I think I want at 12 right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-23-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Man the Wrs have been tearing it up. Brandon Coleman at 6'6 240 at 4.50. I think that's unofficial. Mike Evans impressed me too. Good unofficial time as well.

This has to be the best potential draft class since 2004. I want to stay at 12 and pick up a blue chip prospect.
Plenty of value at WR this year. Brandin Cooks could be a round 2 possibility with the depth this year.

I like Evans as option
Old 02-23-2014, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think we're going to roll the dice on one of Baas or Snee unfortunately.

Wouldn't surprise me if Baas is back. Snee is a definite cut, wonder if he retires.

I'd still a love a trade back to pick up some extra picks.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post

Wouldn't surprise me if Baas is back. Snee is a definite cut, wonder if he retires.

It is still too early to make any comments on David Baas or Chris Snee for next season. Jerry Reese has come out and said that we are waiting to see how heathy they are. It is very possible they could be in the mix if they can get healthy. particularly if they rework their deals for cap relief.

Quote:
The Giants have heard the latest on Chris Snee, who is building himself up for a return in 2014, but they've also gotten positive news about two other starters who missed significant time in 2013.

On David Baas, who was placed on injured reserve in October following MCL surgery (Old neck issues also flared up):

"I think both of those guys (Baas and Snee) want to play," Reese said. "I've talked to them, I believe they want to play. But they've had significant injuries and right now I think they're on a good track to recovery. We'll see how it goes."

from http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...avid_baas.html
Old 02-23-2014, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post

Sure sounds like Snee will take a pay cut and stay.

sig by BoneKrusher