Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-23-2014, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The RB that I would most like to see as a Giant is Bishop Sankey

I am not sure where his value is (there is going to be a huge shake up in the rankings in general), but I like him as a fit here.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Sure sounds like Snee will take a pay cut and stay.
I think for either Snee or Baas to be back they would need to drop their cap number.

Ronnie Barnes and his team will have a good idea of where both are at. If there were major concerns they couldn't be healthy then they would have been cut. I think there is a decent chance that both with be able to be 100% healthy, it is going to depend on how their rehab goes. They certainly need to be able to participate in the preseason imho.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So many good players in this draft. It's ridiculous. I honestly have no idea who I want at 12. I can name like 10 players who I'm good with. We have so many options.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:04 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

are we though, BBD? Some guys i feel won't be good value. Let's see, there are 11 guys who'll go ahead of us:

1. Bridgewater
2. Robinson
3. Clowney
4. JFF
5. Bortles?
6. Barr
7. Watkins

I think those 7 will definitely be gone. I see Evans sadly being gone as well (I want him though :/) and that makes 8.

Then we've got Mack, who's 9.

From there, it's a toss up. I'm not sure who I'd want there that fits the value. It probably comes down to Lewan (who I've soured on) or Martin (who's value I don't think is good at 12).

I'd want Dennard, but his value doesn't seem to be as high across the board as I have him. There are some DT's, and Mosley, but I don't think their value outweighs the position of need

That then leaves Ebron, who honestly, while I think it's a pretty good TE class in the FA market, I would be okay with.

To be 100% honest, I think I want Evans or Dennard (still) at 12. Evans would be SO SO SO awesome here. I know it's a super deep WR draft and I love the guys we could potentially get in the 2nd, but mannnn Evans is gon' be good and would be perfect for Eli
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:08 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

actually, all the positions are fairly deep that we need. both TE AND WR. We do need interior OL though. Mannnn there are so many guys I want. Love so many of these WR's and TE's. It depends what we do in FA and i guess where we go in the draft. I wish we had more picks :(

Sign and trade Nicks for a 2nd, go go go
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one is giving up a 2nd for Nicks with a top 5 WR contract to boot.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
are we though, BBD? Some guys i feel won't be good value. Let's see, there are 11 guys who'll go ahead of us:

1. Bridgewater
2. Robinson
3. Clowney
4. JFF
5. Bortles?
6. Barr
7. Watkins

I think those 7 will definitely be gone. I see Evans sadly being gone as well (I want him though :/) and that makes 8.

Then we've got Mack, who's 9.

From there, it's a toss up. I'm not sure who I'd want there that fits the value. It probably comes down to Lewan (who I've soured on) or Martin (who's value I don't think is good at 12).

I'd want Dennard, but his value doesn't seem to be as high across the board as I have him. There are some DT's, and Mosley, but I don't think their value outweighs the position of need

That then leaves Ebron, who honestly, while I think it's a pretty good TE class in the FA market, I would be okay with.

To be 100% honest, I think I want Evans or Dennard (still) at 12. Evans would be SO SO SO awesome here. I know it's a super deep WR draft and I love the guys we could potentially get in the 2nd, but mannnn Evans is gon' be good and would be perfect for Eli
In terms of value, yes of course I'd ideally want to move back and collect picks bc like you said, we'd reach for some guys at 12 that I like.

But at the end of the day, I wouldn't lose sleep if we reached for a guy like Martin at 12. He's still a very good player. I still haven't gotten heavy into evaluating players yet, I usually start after the combine but I got my eye on several players right now.

I just think it's gonna be very hard for Reese and co to screw up the 1st round this year. They can go in 7 different directions (literally) with the pick and we'd still get a blue chip player who can start immediately and help us immediately.

I like Evans, but I don't know if I like him at 12. I really like Coleman. Like...I honestly outside of Watkins might want Coleman over any other WR in this draft. I'm surprised you don't feel the same way about him.

I love Evans too, he's probably 3 on my list. But he plays slower than he timed. I need to go back and rewatch him, I never saw him separate as much as you'd want for a guy who's that big and runs a 4.5.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

This WR draft class actually helps our chances of re-signing Nicks to a reasonable contract if that's the direction we want to go in. GMs will hesitate to give Nicks a huge contract when he's been so injury prone and with such a deep pool of draftable WRs available.

And if we do somehow re-sign Nicks, I think you scratch WR off the board until 3rd round at earliest.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We don't want Coleman as unfortunate as that is. He can't catch.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2014, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Chill man! They said the same thing about Mario!

I couldn't catch a pass from Nova either. Someone is gonna steal him! I want him!

<33333

I usually don't pimp Rutgers players like this but I just love Coleman.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

And you never see me pass on a Rutgers player which should tell you all you need to know. It had nothing to do with Nova.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2014, 10:34 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
And you never see me pass on a Rutgers player which should tell you all you need to know. It had nothing to do with Nova.
I disagree to an extent, I think it's something with good coaching he can easily work on and improve. He needs to track the ball better, yes.

And BBD, i wasn't sold on Evans initially but he's only been playing football (or WR, can't remember which) for 3 years!!! Imagine Coughlin working with such raw talent like that?
Quote:
Old 02-24-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

You can't teach catching the ball. I'm sorry but it's something you either can or can't do. He hasn't improved in that aspect at his time at Rutgers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2014, 02:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Trade the farm for Clowney.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been a huge Evans fan for a long time so I would like him, but honestly do we really need a WR considering our needs? Granted, free agency may solve some of them, but as of now I feel we have way more pressing needs. OL, DE, CB, S, and LB all take greater priority in my eyes.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Unfortunately for us, this is a bad year for pass rushers. Same for safeties.

It's a good year for OL, WR, maybe CB, TE, RB, LB to an extent. That's probably what we should target. They're all needs anyway, so might as well knock em out.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I've been a huge Evans fan for a long time so I would like him, but honestly do we really need a WR considering our needs? Granted, free agency may solve some of them, but as of now I feel we have way more pressing needs. OL, DE, CB, S, and LB all take greater priority in my eyes.
I agree with you to be honest, even if Nicks leaves as expected we have a good young group. I think it is more likely that we pick up a free agent like James Jones.

TE is not also a huge priority. Sure we need more production from the position, I don't think we need to look at someone at 12. I think solid options can be found in free agency, or on day 2 of the draft.

I am not sure there is DE or CB value at 12.

I am not sure that safety is such a need either, particularly at 12. I believe it is likely we resign Stevie Brown, so with Rolle, Hill, Brown and Taylor we have a good core of players.

I would really like to see us draft a LB, but there is plenty of depth there this year, I can't see it happening early.

I could see us going with OL, particulaly if Matthews, Lewan or Martin are there.

I can certainly see us trading down, or we could grab another position if someone unexpected is available.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Unfortunately for us, this is a bad year for pass rushers.
I would be ok with Anthony Barr as a 4-3 RDE he has the size and quickness.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:39 AM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Mack gets to 8 or 9 I'd make a move up for him. He'll go down as one of the best players in this draft. Bet that.

Cooks is the 3rd best Wr behind Watkins and Evans.

Ebron will be drafted in the top ten as a TE but will see majority of the time at wr like Graham.

Donald is the best DT in this draft. By far.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:24 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I agree with you to be honest, even if Nicks leaves as expected we have a good young group. I think it is more likely that we pick up a free agent like James Jones.

TE is not also a huge priority. Sure we need more production from the position, I don't think we need to look at someone at 12. I think solid options can be found in free agency, or on day 2 of the draft.

I am not sure there is DE or CB value at 12.

I am not sure that safety is such a need either, particularly at 12. I believe it is likely we resign Stevie Brown, so with Rolle, Hill, Brown and Taylor we have a good core of players.

I would really like to see us draft a LB, but there is plenty of depth there this year, I can't see it happening early.

I could see us going with OL, particulaly if Matthews, Lewan or Martin are there.

I can certainly see us trading down, or we could grab another position if someone unexpected is available.
I disagree on Safety being a need. Brown is still a one-year wonder coming off a significant injury, Rolle is pretty much over the hill now (as much as I love him), Hill cannot be relied on for ANYTHING, and Taylor is unproven.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

How is Rolle pretty much over the hill when he just had one of his best years as a pro?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2014, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Throw Gilbert and Dennard on the list for 12. We're going to get a steal at 12 this year folks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2014, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Dennard and Gilbert are definitely guys I want to go back and watch in more depth. Dennard doesn't track the ball in the air very well, that's really my main concern with him. I need to go back and dig deep with Dennard before I put a final grade on him.

Haven't looked at Gilbert at all yet.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

They seem like two very different CB's also. Dennard is probably the guy the Giants like more.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2014, 11:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

What scares me about Dennard is, I've seen him get beat off the jam a good amount of times. He makes up for it with excellent technique, a lot of grabbing down field, and the lack of competition he faced, but I'm concerned how that's gonna show in the NFL.

He's not quick twitch either. I see the Revis comparisons and I get it, because Dennard has great technique and understands leverage and how to use both sides of his body well and at the right time the way Revis does. But Revis was a much better athlete than Dennard. Revis was quick twitch and had better recovery speed. I have to check arm length too.

I just need to do more hw on Dennard before I make a final opinion of him.