Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-25-2014, 06:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post

I've erased everything Nicks did last year from my mind.
not much to have erased.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at what teams have done in free agency, I think there is a chance that both Aaron Donald and Timmy Jernigan slip a bit more than expected.

For starters they are both probably limited to playing 3 tech DT a 4-3 scheme, even then some 4-3's like the bigger guys inside. There are alot of teams running 3-4 or hybrid schemes where the smaller guy inside is not a good fit.

Alot of the likely teams have filled some of their needs in free agency and have higher priority needs at other positions.

The teams who I think are genuinely interested in these two are Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Tennessee, NYG, Dallas, Chicago, Denver, Seattle. I don't see Dallas or Chicago taking either in the first round now they have signed Melton and Ratliff respectively to fill the same kind of role. There are much better options in the top ten, so I could easily see both being available in the back end of round one.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 03-25-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is what I would currently like to see on draft day

12 OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan

43 DE Scott Crichton, Oregon State

74 OL Antonio Richardson, Tennessee

113 LB Jordan Tripp, Montana

152 traded to Cincinnati for TE Jermaine Gresham

174 DT Brett Urban, Virgina

187 WR Jeff Janis, Saginaw Valley State

Lewan plays the swing tackle spot behind Pugh/Beatty or allows Pugh to slide inside to center. Richardson is great value and versatile, he gets groomed as a RG. Both are great value and fit Coughlins style of physical linemen.

Crichton gives us a physical Tuck styke of LDE to work into the rotation

Tripp is an fast athletic LB who can play any of our spots, adding the speed and athleticism we wanted with Schofield.

Urban is a good DT option who can play a similar style of role to Canty

Janis is a talented small school WR with excellent tools.

Jermaine Gresham gives us a solid TE with essentially one year $3.41m prove it deal.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell no to Lewan. I guarantee you he's not even on our board as anything close to a 1st.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we don't take Ebron either.

Don't do it Reese. Don't do it.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ebron just makes too much sense there. If you believe Lewan is off our board, Evans is looking more and more like a top 10 pick, who else is left?

I doubt CB is a choice, DRC for 5 years, Prince still has 2 more years, we're not drafting a CB to be our 5th corner in the 1st round.

I'm actually really hoping all the dropping QB chatter is a smoke screen and 4 go in the top 10. That'll give us more choices.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CB is doubtful at this point. From the sounds of things, the staff believes in DRC a lot and we have Prince, so I don't see us going CB that early in the draft.

Ebron depends on your perception of him. It's apparent the staff is very high. I just disagree with that assessment is all. I'm not a huge Ebron fan.

For our sake, I hope I'm wrong bc it seems very likely he will be the pick.

Unless this is just one huge smokescreen and the Giants are hoping someone moves up ahead of us to take Ebron. Who knows.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No to Ebron! No to Ebron! Evans or Donald or if someone falls like a OL or Watkins.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-28-2014, 08:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are the 11 people that may or could go before us? Without any surprises, what players are likely gone when we are on the clock?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I still think Bridgewater is gone and if he's not these teams are dumb. I think there are only 7 definites gone though.

Bortles
Bridgewater
Manziel
Clowney
Matthews
Robinson
Watkins

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-28-2014, 08:43 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that I think about it I am not sure how many teams take QBs. QBs are hyped by media, but I am not sure they all go. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped like last year.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

QB is going to tricky to predict. It all depends on how many qbs go.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:01 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I am not sold on all these QBs going. I think teams know based on tape what they like but the media, like ESPN and NFL Network people are touting all of them. So reality is getting skewed because that's the talking topic for these networks. I don't think these 4 QBs all go. I'd guess 2 Qbs maybe.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
No to Ebron! No to Ebron! Evans or Donald or if someone falls like a OL or Watkins.

I think Evans could be gone.

Donald, eh, I wouldn't be upset at the pick, but DT bust rate is just so high.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I still think Bridgewater is gone and if he's not these teams are dumb. I think there are only 7 definites gone though.

Bortles
Bridgewater
Manziel
Clowney
Matthews
Robinson
Watkins
It'd be absolutely awesome if a team falls in love with Lewan's athleticism and Matthews falls to us.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:26 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm beginning to feel that Ebron might go before us. Same with Evans. If Watkins fell /drools

We're missing Mack from that list. Who, if he falls, I would be tempted to take.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:26 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I feel the same way with Lewan and Evans. I have a feeling the players we expect to go in certain slots won't go. I don't think the QBs will all go. I think Lions may draft Evans to compliment Megatron.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I am thinking Lewan could be available when we pick. If he is there I think there is a good chance we pick him. Coughlin wants the big physical guys at OT. We want a swing tackle behind these guys and Pugh is a better fit inside imho. I also want to see serious pressure put on Beatty to perform. Beatty's contract has guaranteed salary through 2014, but we do have options after the season if Beatty doesn't return to form.

This draft is really thin with pass rushers and there are three clear top options that should go early. Mack, Barr and Clowney will all go early. Kony Ealy is a wildcard to go early if there is a run on passrushers.

Ebron is the top TE by some margin, I could see quite a few teams going with him before we pick. I also think Watkins and Evans go before we make our selection.

The question will be how many QBs go early. There are at least two.

I think OT will slip a little due to the depth of the Oline class, the fact that most of the top teams are solid at the oline. While they could use a stud OT they may want to go with another position of greater need early and look at OL in the second or third rounds, there is plenty of depth.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I feel the same way with Lewan and Evans. I have a feeling the players we expect to go in certain slots won't go. I don't think the QBs will all go. I think Lions may draft Evans to compliment Megatron.
If the Falcons don't trade up for Clowney, I think Ebron is a strong option for them.

I could easily see him going to Tampa Bay, Detroit or Buffalo.

Don't rule out the Titans as their new offensive coordinator was the Chargers TE coach with Antonio Gates.

And we all know what Norv Turner can do with TEs in his system, so Minnesota has to be a consideration.

Basically quality recieving TEs are a big factor in explosive offenses and this year there is one quality talent.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I hope we don't take Ebron either.

Don't do it Reese. Don't do it.
I agree, I would rather Jace Amaro in the second round
Old 03-28-2014, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

This year is hard to gauge how the top of the draft will go. there are so many ways teams can go, limited options at some positions and plenty of depth at others.

On top of that this off-season is very different for us, there are a ton of ways we can go. The giants tend to evaluate thier needs and prospects a little differently to others as well.

It is really wide option this year.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

deleted...

Last edited by Big_Pete : 03-28-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I am thinking Lewan could be available when we pick. If he is there I think there is a good chance we pick him. Coughlin wants the big physical guys at OT. We want a swing tackle behind these guys and Pugh is a better fit inside imho. I also want to see serious pressure put on Beatty to perform. Beatty's contract has guaranteed salary through 2014, but we do have options after the season if Beatty doesn't return to form.

This draft is really thin with pass rushers and there are three clear top options that should go early. Mack, Barr and Clowney will all go early. Kony Ealy is a wildcard to go early if there is a run on passrushers.

Ebron is the top TE by some margin, I could see quite a few teams going with him before we pick. I also think Watkins and Evans go before we make our selection.

The question will be how many QBs go early. There are at least two.

I think OT will slip a little due to the depth of the Oline class, the fact that most of the top teams are solid at the oline. While they could use a stud OT they may want to go with another position of greater need early and look at OL in the second or third rounds, there is plenty of depth.

You keep forgetting to address Lewan's character. We simply don't invest in bad character in the 1st round under this regime.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-28-2014, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

There are plenty of ways we can go.

If we trade down it would likely be for something similar to Miami for 18 and 50.

18 LB CJ Mosley, Alabama

43 TE Jace Amaro, Texas Tech

50 DT Timmy Jernigan, Florida State

74 RB Jeremy Hill, LSU

113 OT JaWuan James, Tennessee

152 WR Brandon Coleman, Rutgers

174 LB Prince Shembo, Notre Dame

187 TE AC Leonard, Tennessee State

Now that I look at it, I really like this kind of draft

Last edited by Big_Pete : 03-28-2014 at 05:53 PM. Reason: update
Old 03-28-2014, 05:47 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What if we think we have our starting TE on the roster? Donnell or Robinson.

Not saying its actual, and I still do think we draft Ebron, but what if we dont?

1. Anthony Barr OLB/DE UCLA
2. Cyrus Kouandjio OG/T Alabama
3. Donte Montcrief WR Ole Miss
4. Charles Sims RB West Virginia
5. Antoine Exum S Virginia Tech
5. Colt Lyeria TE Oregon
6. typical project QB/OL/ST

I really like the idea of an odd front elephant LB being used in Barr and Damontre Moore. Kouandjio is a reserve regardless so his medical checks are a risk that we can accept with benefits of having a 1st round talent. Montcrief is a beast. Sims and Exum are projections because of their positions/schemes but both physically fit for their positions. Lyeria is troubled but he's eerily similar to Aaron Hernandez as a prospect.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 03-28-2014 at 05:49 PM.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote