Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-22-2014, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Art Stapleton @art_stapleton

With Will Hill uncertainty ... Wash St S Deone Bucannon reportedly had already been booked for pre-draft visit to #NYG this week. #timing
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:54 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we draft a QB this year, the guys I like the most are Aaron Murray (Georgia) and Logan Thomas (Virginia tech). It looks like both could be a day 3 steals.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:00 AM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
If we draft a QB this year, the guys I like the most are Aaron Murray (Georgia) and Logan Thomas (Virginia tech). It looks like both could be a day 3 steals.
With Freeman and Nassib on board I think we're all set.

I do like Murray, however. I also like Savage and Conner Shaw.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:02 AM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Art Stapleton @art_stapleton

With Will Hill uncertainty ... Wash St S Deone Bucannon reportedly had already been booked for pre-draft visit to #NYG this week. #timing
I like Bucannon. Reminds me a lot of Darren Woodson. I think he'd fit nicely in our system.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Giants are hosting Michigan OT Taylor Lewan for a pre-draft visit on Friday, according to draft insider Tony Pauline.
Lewan is still in play.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:20 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really doubt Lewan is there at 12.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I really doubt Lewan is there at 12.
I agree. All 3 tackles could be gone by pick 6.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I think there is a decent chance Lewan is there.

Taylor Lewan and Joel Bitonio are coming in for visits
Old 04-25-2014, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly Raiders are very high on Lewan. Could always be a smokescreen though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Joel Bitonio is a guy I see us taking earlier than expected. Much like how Pugh was graded as a 2nd round last year before the draft.

What's good about Bitonio is that he's worked out at Center and Guard for a few teams as well as Tackle.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donald in the 1st. Shazier in the 2nd. Cum everywhere.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
Joel Bitonio is a guy I see us taking earlier than expected. Much like how Pugh was graded as a 2nd round last year before the draft.

What's good about Bitonio is that he's worked out at Center and Guard for a few teams as well as Tackle.
Are you suggesting Bitonio might be the 12th pick?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha no and no. And I think Shazier will go in the later first. I do like him actually.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Giants want Shazier they'd have to take him at 12. He could even go to the Lions or Bills at 9 or 10.

Hm.

Now that I think about it, you could plug Shazier right in and have a DROY candidate starting.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Are you suggesting Bitonio might be the 12th pick?
If the top 3 go as early as I think, yea.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mcshay has Shazier to the giants in the 2nd. I don't think he last that long but I also don't think Mack goes in the top 5.

They are two of my favorite prospects but LBs seem to always fall a bit.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

If we trade down a little Shazier is an option.

I wouldn't be surprised if CJ Mosley slipped more than expected either
Old 04-25-2014, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I like Zack Martin as an option at 12 if the top three are gone
Old 04-29-2014, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some news from Raanan:

Ebron:

"There is one notable (but intentional) omission -- North Carolina tight end Eric Ebron. The consensus top tight end was left off for a reason. Everything I've heard in recent months and weeks indicates the Giants aren't especially high on him, and that they won't draft him at No. 12. Even though misdirection is common this time of the year, that disqualified him for this list."

Martin:

"Word on the street is that the Giants prefer Martin to Lewan. The Notre Dame product comes with less baggage and, despite common perception, is more physical in the run game."

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2014, 09:07 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you think about it Martin seems like the most logical fit for us. I also warming up to the idea of HA ha clinton dix too.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I like Martin also. His value is pretty much right where we are.

Glad we smartened up on Ebron if this report is accurate.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2014, 10:16 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I like Martin also. His value is pretty much right where we are.

Glad we smartened up on Ebron if this report is accurate.
Or it's a smokescreen, and he is the guy we want. It all depends.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Or it's a smokescreen, and he is the guy we want. It all depends.
Yup of course. We'll finally find out sooner rather than later at this point thankfully.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2014, 10:41 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Yes, I do think it could be accurate, but a side of me thinks, if people are saying that's not the pick, then it could be the opposite where we do like him a lot.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:40 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ebron being left off a list of invitees really doesn't mean much. Eric Reid was never once contacted by the 49ers. Speaking of which, we never had a clue that the Giants were set to take Reid last year. and we can't forget that we are in the midst of smokescreen season.

Do you think Martin matches up better for us because he is more versitile than Lewan? I think its clear that Lewan is the better LT.

For me, its either Lewan or Clinton Dix. I wouldn't be upset with Ebron. One of you talked me out of Donald. I would like a more versitile DT.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote