Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-02-2014, 08:22 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has to be Ebron. I think Martin goes off the board before 12 anyway.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Martin before 12? So 4 OL before 12? We'd definitely be sitting pretty if that happens.

Ebron is overrated so no.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'd need to see a trade up for Martin to see him in the top 10.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:16 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ebron is rated fine. I hope it's Martin but I wonder if this is all smokescreen.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big no on Ebron. Not even close to being worth the 12th pick, not to mention all his attitude stuff.

That and, Reese does not like TEs in the early rounds. When's the last time he spent a pick on the TE in the second round or higher? Pretty much never, right?
Old 05-02-2014, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we can throw out the Reese likes (insert position here) stuff. We never went RB early but that was thrown out for Wilson.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-02-2014, 09:39 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Things change. Let's see what Ross does. What attitude? That's just nonsense by fans and media to discredit the pick. The guy is a very good player and will be an asset for his team where ever he goes assuming they use him correctly.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:39 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like martin but it's kinda boring.

the 2nd round pick is gonna be god knows what. Could be TE, DL, more OL, WR. that's gonna be exciting
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:46 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think we can throw out the Reese likes (insert position here) stuff. We never went RB early but that was thrown out for Wilson.
Exactly, Ross and Reese will draft whoever, and as if read off a script we will hear that player was highest rated on the board.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:47 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i like martin but it's kinda boring.

the 2nd round pick is gonna be god knows what. Could be TE, DL, more OL, WR. that's gonna be exciting
Boring is fine by me. Usually OL isn't the sexy pick.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah, that's true, but I think that was very out of the norm for him. That was probably the only first round picked I disliked too. RBs are such a waste in the first round.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yup I hated it also.

Boring is fine as long as they turn out fine.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-02-2014, 10:08 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I didn't mind an RB. He is an explosive player with very good potential. The issue I have and I posed this question months back, is if there is a disconnect between the scheme and players we take.

Guys like Beckum. Why take him? Reese said because of 3rd and short when it gets cold. We usually run like fools on 3rd and short or throw a 30 yard pass, lol. Moreover, what about signing Myers a WCO TE? We don't run a WCO offense. Did he not see that would be a failure especially since a TE in our previous system is usually 6'4-6'6 256 lbs?

How about Murphy? Reese said he would take the top off the coverage and called him a "knife". Did we see Murphy do that at all? Granted Eli has no pass protection, but when at times he did, was Murphy used in that role? Was he successful? The fool can't run a 5 yard hitch without hanging Eli out to dry.

Wilson has potential, but wasn't asked to pass block like we ask our Rbs in our system. So why draft him? In a WCO system where he comes out of the backfield I can see him being effective. He was against the Eagles and I wanted to see him out on passing routes.

Clint S. is another pick. He was a hybrid guy, but ideal for for a 34 system. Yet we drafted him in a 43 system. So maybe he was rated highly, but why not analyze if he fits our system first?

Just odd drafting. It's like the left arm doesn't talk to the right arm.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"We're going to try to pick the best players, regardless of who the coordinator is, who the head coach is, who the D coordinator is. Let's try to pick the best players," Reese said.

yea, I think that quote pretty much describes what you just said.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:23 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post

yea, I think that quote pretty much describes what you just said.
I can see what he means but problem with that is then what happens if the best player doesn't fit your system? Then what?

In theory, that player is BPA, yet if he isn't a system fit, now what? Clint S. is one. This is why I don't like those athletic types that are tweeners like a Dion Jordan, Clint S, and now Anthony Barr. Is he a DE or LB? Are we not sure. IF we are not sure then take him off the board. Why? Because we don't have a true position for him. So if he is BPA do we take him? If so, where does he play?
Old 05-02-2014, 10:49 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mean like OL boring MOAR flashy skill players but Martin seems like he's gonna be a solid pro for 8-10 years which rules and we need it and I'd love it, but at pick 12, I kinda want more. Man, a Matthews or Robinson would just be amazing, but I'd still be very happy with Martin
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:55 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

What do you mean by want more? Martin is solid, versatile and probably the cleanest player in the draft. He would be a good pick. Usually people who say they want more sometimes mean want the sexy player. Like a big time WR or Cb, QB, or other position that gets more attention and stat driven.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:27 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

:/

I addressed the "sexy pick thing right there...in my post...
I want a god damn stud. Martin will be solid but I'll be damned if we don't need star power on this team. I'm still praying Matthews or Robinson fall for some reason but I know they won't

I already said I'm fine with Martin and will be happy with the pick
Quote:
Old 05-02-2014, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
:/

I addressed the "sexy pick thing right there...in my post...
I want a god damn stud. Martin will be solid but I'll be damned if we don't need star power on this team. I'm still praying Matthews or Robinson fall for some reason but I know they won't

I already said I'm fine with Martin and will be happy with the pick
The Giants are never a star studded team. Look at our last two Super Bowls. Who were the stars in our first win... Strahan, Umenyiora and Burress, perhaps Chris Snee, (Shockey injured I don't count him) that's about it. Then in the next win? Tuck, Umenyiora, JPP (that season at least)... this time you can count Manning... Cruz and again Snee?

That's just how we are for whatever reason I mean look at the Seahawks... they aren't star studded either... Sherman, Thomas and Lynch would be their "stars" as opposed to the Broncos (Manning, Thomas, Miller, Dumervil, Bailey, DRC, Ryan Clady).

I would like Zach Martin very much, him and Pugh on the left and right could definitely work out for the next 10 years. Ebron scares the **** out of me. I don't need a diva TE. You don't need stars to win a super bowl.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:46 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

**** that. We have what? Cruz and Eli? We need a god damn game changer. I like Martin a lot and pretty much want him to be our pick and give us 3/5 of a solid, good reliable line (yes, like we won Super Bowls with) but damn do I want a game changer somewhere. Some attitude. Something.
Quote:
Old 05-02-2014, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I didn't mind an RB. He is an explosive player with very good potential. The issue I have and I posed this question months back, is if there is a disconnect between the scheme and players we take.

Guys like Beckum. Why take him? Reese said because of 3rd and short when it gets cold. We usually run like fools on 3rd and short or throw a 30 yard pass, lol. Moreover, what about signing Myers a WCO TE? We don't run a WCO offense. Did he not see that would be a failure especially since a TE in our previous system is usually 6'4-6'6 256 lbs?

How about Murphy? Reese said he would take the top off the coverage and called him a "knife". Did we see Murphy do that at all? Granted Eli has no pass protection, but when at times he did, was Murphy used in that role? Was he successful? The fool can't run a 5 yard hitch without hanging Eli out to dry.

Wilson has potential, but wasn't asked to pass block like we ask our Rbs in our system. So why draft him? In a WCO system where he comes out of the backfield I can see him being effective. He was against the Eagles and I wanted to see him out on passing routes.

Clint S. is another pick. He was a hybrid guy, but ideal for for a 34 system. Yet we drafted him in a 43 system. So maybe he was rated highly, but why not analyze if he fits our system first?

Just odd drafting. It's like the left arm doesn't talk to the right arm.
Picks like Sintim and Beckum were two I did not like, I imagne there were plans on how to use them.

I agree and I think we have been doing a better job this year.

Jennings is exactly the type of RB we need, I would not be surprised at all if we drafted one on day 2.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the one guy I really want is S Deone Bucannon, I actually prefer him to Clinton-Dix

Safety is a big need. Even if Hill isn't suspended we have a precarious situation with Rolle, Brown, Hill and Demps all coming off contract after this year.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
**** that. We have what? Cruz and Eli? We need a god damn game changer. I like Martin a lot and pretty much want him to be our pick and give us 3/5 of a solid, good reliable line (yes, like we won Super Bowls with) but damn do I want a game changer somewhere. Some attitude. Something.
You keep saying game changer and the not a skill position. You can't have it both ways. I say just keep improving the team. Don't worry about silly little titles like "game changer." Whatever that even means.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Someone who makes huge impact plays. Doesn't have to be a skill player at all. We had no one to step up and make a big play last year when we needed it and it showed
Quote:
Old 05-02-2014, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

I think David Wilson can be that other play maker on offense. Having Cruz, Wilson, and Ebron that would give us some good playmakers but I rather get Eli a safety blanket. That go to 3rd down guy.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote