Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-02-2014, 06:59 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Picks like Sintim and Beckum were two I did not like, I imagne there were plans on how to use them.

I agree and I think we have been doing a better job this year.

Jennings is exactly the type of RB we need, I would not be surprised at all if we drafted one on day 2.

I am sure we did have a plan for them. I probably can even say every bust player had a plan. The issue is they showed they can't fullfil it. Dave Brown, Ron Dayne, William Joseph, Marvin Austin.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:35 AM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

I'm tired of them trying to make DEs into LBs. I want real LBs. Beason's a start.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
I'm tired of them trying to make DEs into LBs. I want real LBs. Beason's a start.
Totally agree.

I want to see some genuine linebackers drafted, preferably with quality coverage skills, speed and range.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:07 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing that interests me is the interest in O'Brien Schofield which is very out of character to what we have traditionally done.

We don't normally prioritise LBs, yet we chased Schofield hard very early in free agency and signed him to substantial contract (2 years, $8 million) for his position, one day after the start of free agency.

I think we brought in McClain to play a similar kind of role, but he doesn't have the speed or athleticism of Schofield and is a stop gap.

I really think Anthony Barr is very much on the radar to play the same kind of role we planned for Schofield.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:34 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats exactly what I've been thinking for awhile. Although I do also think it won't happen to unfold that we will have the option to take Barr at 12.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Thats exactly what I've been thinking for awhile. Although I do also think it won't happen to unfold that we will have the option to take Barr at 12.
Much will depend on how the draft shakes down.

I think there are 12 non QB prospects that are in the mix to go in the top 12 and we would be happy with any of these.

Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews, Lewan, Martin, Watkins, Evans, Beckham, Barr, Clinton-Dix and Gilbert

I would expect at least two QBs will go in the top 12, leaving three of the guys I mentioned available.

If Barr is available then I do think he is a strong option to draft.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

I could see a guy like Barr but seeing that we added McClain I don't see it as much as a pressing need to address it in the first round. I'm thinking 3rd-5th. A guy like Jackson Jeffcoat fits that type of player.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
I could see a guy like Barr but seeing that we added McClain I don't see it as much as a pressing need to address it in the first round. I'm thinking 3rd-5th. A guy like Jackson Jeffcoat fits that type of player.
possibly, but McClain is only a stop gap and Reese keeps mentioning best player over need.

Reese likes guys with high upside and Barr fits the mould.

I could see Barr competing with McClain at SLB and slotting in at RDE on passing downs.

Paysinger, Williams and Herzlich are off contract after this season and Beason and McClain after 2015.

Reese has mentioned a few times about drafting playmakers and I think Barr is potentially the biggest impact player available.

We all know that Reese loves pass rushers. Look at what we did with Osi and JPP, they sat behind starters their first year.

just a gut feeling I have.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

If we like Zach Martin as a guard, I would rather pick LSU OG Trai Turner in the 3rd round
Old 05-06-2014, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll be picking between Martin and Beckham if we stay at 12.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:07 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You really think receiver is that high for us? Especially one outside of Watkins and Evans. Our least deep positions are OL and Passrusher, thats where we should look first and both are really only decent at the top.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I think we'll be picking between Martin and Beckham if we stay at 12.
Here are the players I think are seriously in the Mix at 12

WR Mike Evans, Odell Beckham
DT Aaron Donald
OL Jake Matthews (if tackles slip), Taylor Lewan, Zack Martin
LB Anthony Barr

There are so many good options, Reese would have to work at it to pick someone I didn't like as an option for us. (Mind you Eric Ebron would possibly do it)
Old 05-07-2014, 10:11 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ebron! Ebron! ebron!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:14 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be stunned if the pick isn't Martin (unless Matthews or maybe Evans/Watkins fall)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:16 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Yeah Martin or Lewan are my 1st choices. If they are not there, I need to see who else is there. I do like Ebron. I am driving the wagon.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:19 AM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Well

I think Dix has to be in the mix too. I also like Buchanon in the second.

So this draft is deep at WR, so if Evans is gone, why not take Lattimer or the kid from Colorado.....Richardson in the second. My mid round dream would be Martavious Bryant. I love Beckem, but I don't think we need to go that route. Look for the Jets to try to jump ahead. Rummor has it they want to jump into the top ten.

Trade down.....and Marquis Lee?

I really do think Martin will be the guy also. Versatility and ability. He has a higher grade than Pugh did, so he could be excellent RT, and has pro bowl potential at G. Although I want Lewan, I don't see us taking him even if he is available.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:23 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Martin will more than likely be the guy. It'll get interesting if Matthews starts to slip, however. Also will be interesting if Martin is gone.

Other than that, I'm expecting Martin and a whole **** show ton of speculation and wild and random fun and guessing for round 2, which could be a whole slew of positions
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:34 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Martin or Lewan for me.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

I'm not getting the Martin love at 12. He'll more than likely play guard here replacing Snee. Do we spend the 12th pick on a guard? Is he the best value on the board at that time? Why not trade back get an additional pick and draft Joel Bitonio to replace Snee..
Old 05-07-2014, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Ebron! Ebron! ebron!
No! You should feel terrible for liking such a terrible player!
Old 05-07-2014, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I wouldn't be surprised if CJ Mosely was a dark horse for us.

He can play any of the LB spots, he has all the tools but he also has the leadership and intangibles that Beason brought in and made such a difference.

Mosely could slide right in at WLB or SLB and is the kind of player that makes the guys around him better.

I think Mosely could have a similar kind of impact to Kuchely.

Don't forget Herzlich, Paysinger and Williams all come of contract after this season.

We did chase O'Brien Schofield very hard in free agency so I think it is on the radar.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what does each of your Top 12 rankings look like?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So what does each of your Top 12 rankings look like?
Overall? or for the Giants?
Old 05-08-2014, 08:30 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Your predictions for the giants, go!

1) Zach Martin
2) Marcus Martin
3) caraun Reid

As much as we want and like tight end, I just don't see it happening early at all
Quote:
Old 05-08-2014, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the OL or Evans if he's there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote