Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-09-2014, 12:39 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what it is is that we're turning into the packers east. Quick drops and quick hitters. Cruz, ODB and Randle. No TE to speak of, so it makes sense. We don't need/want emphasis on the OL because of the new offense (although I still want interior OL in round 2, mainly Marcus Martin).

We also supposedly passed on Donald because we trust our secondary and don't feel the pressure up front is as big a need at this point.

I'm okay with this. The guys on espn were surprisingly right, ODB, Donald or Martin all would've been fine picks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

I'm down with ODB, yea you know me.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:09 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this pick a lot, kid actually reminds me of Cruz if I'm being honest. Similar size with amazing leaping ability and great quickness/suddenness to create space despite not having Randy-Moss-speed. If we can bolster the lines tomorrow and snag some DBs I'll be very pleased with this draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:11 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
what it is is that we're turning into the packers east. Quick drops and quick hitters. Cruz, ODB and Randle. No TE to speak of, so it makes sense. We don't need/want emphasis on the OL because of the new offense (although I still want interior OL in round 2, mainly Marcus Martin).

We also supposedly passed on Donald because we trust our secondary and don't feel the pressure up front is as big a need at this point.

I'm okay with this. The guys on espn were surprisingly right, ODB, Donald or Martin all would've been fine picks
I like the pick, but if that's really the reasoning for passing on Donald and not just us talking up the D, I'm kinda pissed as that logic is ********. Our secondary is going to be good, but pressure is still damn important and Donald had some Atkins-y qualities that would've made a really sexy partner for JPP and hopefully Moore on passing downs.

Quote:
Old 05-09-2014, 02:13 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
I'm down with ODB, yea you know me.
Come on son. So many better puns and illusions to play with with ODB the true gangsta of Wu-Tang.

Quote:
Old 05-09-2014, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Come on son. So many better puns and illusions to play with with ODB the true gangsta of Wu-Tang.

Easy homie, First thought was ODB but the OPP line fit better.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:22 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Martin but I think the front office are fairly happy with our oline depth.

I was initially dissapointed with the Beckham pick, but he is a dynamic playmaker with speed and loading up with offensive weapons makes sense.

I am also not sure we go with a day 2 TE
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:28 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is an amusinf thought for fun.

what if we pick RB Jeremy Hill in the second round. Both he and Carlos Hyde fit the profile of the big physical all round RB we like.

then in the third round WR Jarvis Landry could be available, if he is he could easily be BPA
he is a good talent but could drop due to WR depth. He is morr of the physical style of WR thabt can catch in traffic and be a green zone weapon.

Those two picks would give McAdoo plenty of weapons to work with and insurance for Randle, Jernigan and Wilson.

LSU 1, 2, 3 anyone? ;)

Last edited by Big_Pete : 05-09-2014 at 05:31 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:41 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda shocking you guys passed on Martin and Donald. I thought we were losing 1 of them for sure with your pick. Beckham is good, don't get me wrong but just an interesting choice there in a deep receiver class.
I knew barr and Donald would be gone.
I was hoping for pryor or martin to make it to us and we had em both available.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:46 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I think we the general plan is to get offensive weapons for McAdoo

on days 1 and 2 and look at other spots on day 3

this is more due to the positional depth and talent.

I think we are ok with most positions and filled a lot of gaps in free agency
Old 05-09-2014, 06:45 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we draft anything other than OL in round two on offense I will murder a *****. We need defense. Lots of defense. Heck I'll take a LB at this point.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have preferred Donald or Martin as well.

I like Beckham as a player, but I just don't see him ever as a dominant #1 receiver. We also now have 3 smaller type receivers out of our top 4. Now hopefully the staff uses him like Randall Cobb and he makes a huge impact.

2nd group of TE's all still on the board, have to assume they will be in play for the 2nd round pick. I'm with scotty that I want Martin.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking Niklas or Amaro with our 2nd rounder tonight?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I prefer Amaro.

I think today will be a true test in how our team feels about the current OL. There should be OT, OG and C's all worth the pick in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If we pick one, we'll know better how the team feels about the current players.

If we go OL and defense these next two picks, I have to assume we'll be signing Finley once he is cleared.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:57 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm thinking Niklas or Amaro with our 2nd rounder tonight?
Yeah me too. Let's see with OL too.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

My question is, what does Walton have on Reese and TC that we are putting so much trust in a player that hasn't played in 2 years?
Old 05-09-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Walton thing is very interesting.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-09-2014, 10:26 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rich Westburg the Center.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:28 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I prefer Martin, but fine with either. If we come away with OC and te tonight, I'd be ecstatic
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:34 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Su'a-Filo, Ealy, Amaro, Bitonio, Tuitt, Nix, Moses, Kouandijo, Martin, Jackson, or Richburg. I'd be happy with literally any of these guys round 2

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Su'a-Filo, Ealy, Amaro, Bitonio, Tuitt, Nix, Moses, Kouandijo, Martin, Jackson, or Richburg. I'd be happy with literally any of these guys round 2
Xavier S.
Amaro
Bitonio
Moses
Richburg.

I'd take any of these. I'd roll the dice on someone like Lee too. If he drops he provides excellent value.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Good call on the DT's. We can still pretty much go anywhere but right now I prefer OL, DT, and TE.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-09-2014, 10:42 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Hageman is on the board too. More of a Giants DT model. 6'6 310.

Kiwi 6'5, DTs, and then JPP 6'5. Add 6'6 310 and that's a tall DL putting their hands up.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:10 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I can see Hageman being our pick NYG, good call. Thought of him earlier. I'd be okay with it.

In a perfect world, we go:
2) Martin
3) Niklas
4) Reid

at least, that's my opinion haha.

I just don't want a running back today.

Also, our 2nd round track record has been very less than stellar. Hopefully big hank changes that but still
Quote:
Old 05-09-2014, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Who's Martin?

sig by BoneKrusher