Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-10-2014, 08:38 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's why I didn't think we'd take Aaron Donald. I don't think we value the DT position. Take this guy. He is a 3T. I doubt he gets a second contract from us. If he is good, he prices himself out of our range. If he is bad, we don't re-sign or exercise the option.

We barely ever re-signed our DTs. This guy is that cog.

I LOVE the Center pick. Great pick to get the best center of the draft.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like a good list Pete.

We valued DT last year when we wanted to stop the run first and foremost.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

We spent a 3rd round pick, 10 spots from being a 2nd, on the DT position. I'd say we value it. I do agree, however, that we'll more than likely not offer this guy a second contract. It seems we barely offer any of our own draft picks 2nd contracts anymore.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:09 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think we feel more that it's easily replaceable with a high-ish picks and they're easy to plug and play. Which means we need them to be high quality talent (hence the early picks) but also means that we need to have a stable core around them.

Also, I don't know how many of you read the transcript of the Rolle interview but he made it sound like there were guys on the team last year who's hearts weren't in it and the guys this year are rarin' to go. I can see those guys being like Nicks and tuck. I'm excited with our picks, all high motor guys and captains. I think we're going for a fresh new look and attitude and i love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tuck who was one of the only defensive players who consistently showed up the 2nd half of the year besides like 3 other guys? Don't think so.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-10-2014, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Mel Pipeher
Rookie

Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.Mel Pipeher could make a wolverine purr.

There's a few players I like still left but I'm hoping for OT Tiny Richardson here.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Solid pick. Good downhill runner, I like it. Another high character guy also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-10-2014, 12:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Royally PISSED that you guys took Dre. AAAARRGGHHH!!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:56 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Solid pick. Good downhill runner, I like it. Another high character guy also.
This is exactly how I feel about it. Gives us some solid depth at RB now too. Hoping for TE, DE, LB or S with our last couple picks

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Only problem is he can't catch for jack so we know he'll never be in a game for that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-10-2014, 01:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tuck who was one of the only defensive players who consistently showed up the 2nd half of the year besides like 3 other guys? Don't think so.
I know you're still on the Tuck train but man that guy was far from the person he was a few years ago. He just didn't have it, physically or mentally.

and yes, he showed up a bit at the end...in a contract year...

I do love the Andre Williams pick.

I want Tiny Richardson or Brandon Coleman or Dakota Dozier or Michael Sam
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Coleman here. Make him the TE for all I care.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-10-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Seriously. His fall is making me so sad :(
Quote:
Old 05-10-2014, 02:58 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like the position, know nothing about the player. Here's a quick scouting report on him:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...rhe?id=2543643

Old 05-10-2014, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Skov or Coleman!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-10-2014, 03:33 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Nat's response to people calling him undersized:

I like this guy already

Old 05-10-2014, 03:54 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
Maybe we're talking about different Alford's.
I'm talking about the one who beasted in the SB and was a big part of our ability to generate pressure up the middle before his knee ended his career. That Jay Alford was awesome and why I so wanted Atkins when he came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

yeah Jay Alford pre-injury ruled.

see: his famous play in the Super Bowl on Brady
Quote:
Old 05-10-2014, 03:59 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
yeah Jay Alford pre-injury ruled.

see: his famous play in the Super Bowl on Brady
Good, for a second there I thought I was losing my mind even worse than usual and was thinking of the wrong guy.

Quote:
Old 05-10-2014, 04:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Nat's response to people calling him undersized:

I like this guy already
Please don't post those dudes' 40 times though...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seems like a good list Pete.

We valued DT last year when we wanted to stop the run first and foremost.

Yes and thus signed them in FA. I am talking about drafting. Hence the I never thought We would draft Aaron Donald.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind most of the picks on day 3

I really like the Andre Williams and Devon Kennard picks and Nat Behre and Bennett Jackson seem solid options.

Williams is exactly kind of physical runner that we need. I am just a little concerned about his receiving skills but he is there as a physical running threat
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:57 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This draft had Coughlin's finger prints all over it.

I think he let Reese pick ODB and then took over.

Joking. I think.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:59 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Yes and thus signed them in FA. I am talking about drafting. Hence the I never thought We would draft Aaron Donald.
I mean, sure we haven't spent a first on the position since William Joseph, but we've spent day two picks on Linval, Big Hank, Alford and I think I'm missing someone since then. We clearly prioritize the position more than we do LB or TE *shrug*

Quote:
Old 05-10-2014, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at the undrafted free agents, these are the guys I like for us

Brandon Coleman WR 6'6" 225 Rutgers

Colt Lyerla TE 6'4" 242 Oregon
Marcel Jensen TE 6'6" 259 Fresno St.
AC Leonard TE 6'2" 252 Tennessee St.
Jake Murphy TE 6'4" 249 Utah
Joe Don Duncan TE 6'3" 268 Dixie St.
Asa Watson TE 6'3" 239 N.C. State

Antonio Richardson OT 6'6" 336 Tennessee
Anthony Steen OG 6'3" 314 Alabama
James Hurst OT 6'5" 296 North Carolina

Anthony Johnson DT 6'2" 308 LSU
James Gayle DE 6'4" 259 Virginia Tech
Jackson Jeffcoat DE 6'3" 247 Texas
Kelcy Quarles DT 6'4" 297 South Carolina

Adrian Hubbard OLB 6'6" 257 Alabama
Christian Jones ILB 6'3" 240 Florida St.
Shayne Skov ILB 6'2" 245 Stanford
Max Bullough ILB 6'3" 249 Michigan St.

Marcus Roberson CB 6'0" 191 Florida
Loucheiz Purifoy CB 5'11" 190 Florida

Dion Bailey SS 6'0" 201 USC
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote