Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-28-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although Horton just nailed the high bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I only just now saw the race. Holy tits has Phelps has lost a lot since Beijing.
He has done everything there is to do in swimming and based off of interviews it seems like he is tired of it and wants to move on. I don't think he started to train until later this year.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
He has done everything there is to do in swimming and based off of interviews it seems like he is tired of it and wants to move on. I don't think he started to train until later this year.
From my perspective, I agree with you.

Phelps just seems burnt out. The fact that he was even remotely competitive for a medal, speaks to his talent. I'm not Phelps fan per se, but I think all the stories we heard about him earlier this year might've been a testament to that.

The Olympics are still a BFD, but to me Phelps just sounds like he wants to scrape a couple medals, maybe one or two last personal bests and get the hell out of the sport. When you've accomplished nearly everything (sans the ultimate medal count, which can be attained easy for Phelps), your last "go-around" kind of loses luster.

Say Phelps never got gold in the 400IM, then you'd see something more spectacular. It has to be impossible when you've won a crapload of GOLD medals, set numerous world records, and also won plenty of national/world championships....how do you motivate yourself?

Now, I am talking out of my ass because I don't know this guy nor will I likely never.

However, endurance sports are different than team sports. You might see some freaks continue to drive themselves to new heights of sheer competitiveness, but you get tired of the same ole, same ole. Hell, I get tired of 10-mile days and I've only ran competitively for eight years now at as almost as low-key and pedestrian of a career as possible. Training by yourself for long stretches of times with such few tournaments/games/races/meets/etc. in-between has to be unbearable.

The girl that lives about five houses down from me won her first heat in the OT for swimming and I talked to her once about it. She says those top guys/gals are just by themselves in the pools for hours at times. Even track people usually have a couple training partners and usually they don't go running in circles unlike swimmers who are always in the pool going back-and-forth.

_____

Sparknotes: I agree.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing can stop Ronny Turiaf.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C'mon Armistead!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch basketball or shut up SP.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-29-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oooo, I didn't even see that was on!

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-29-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is nothing exciting about watching Team USA men's basketball destroy everyone else. This is less exciting than a Portland/Golden State game in December.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
There is nothing exciting about watching Team USA men's basketball destroy everyone else. This is less exciting than a Portland/Golden State game in December.
This hasn't been that much of a blowout you ass clown. And Golden State games are always fun, so shows what you know.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-29-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why watch Olympic basketball when the quality is lower than the basketball we get to watch all year?

Give me some redneck with a fat ass hitting 99 of 100 shots anyday.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Why watch Olympic basketball when the quality is lower than the basketball we get to watch all year?

Give me some redneck with a fat ass hitting 99 of 100 shots anyday.
Because it's not, and the game is completely different? It's pretty much the only interesting sport here.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-29-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Because it's not, and the game is completely different? It's pretty much the most anti-climactic sport here.
Fixed it for you.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Fixed it for you.
Still better than Badminton or volleyball or soccer or archery or equestrian.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-29-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The quality is much lower and we already know who is going to win. Yawn.

I found soccer more entertaining and I hate soccer.

Handball has been my favorite thing so far.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

The archery has been good. The Olympics is all about appreciating different sports!

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-29-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Archery gold medal match was awesome. Went down to the last arrow.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gorgeous free kick by Neymar.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Gorgeous free kick by Neymar.
That's like identical to the Wayne Rooney free kick vs Arsenal last year.

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-29-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The US is going to continue to dominate International Basketball until Canada gets Andrew Wiggins. Then their reign of terror will come to an abrupt halt.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
The US is going to continue to dominate International Basketball until Canada gets Andrew Wiggins. Then their reign of terror will come to an abrupt halt.
Canada has residents that aren't members of the Baines family?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-29-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, is handball over?! It's my last chance to ever make it big in a sport.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Canada has residents that aren't members of the Baines family?

Andrew Wiggins
Tristan Thompson
Myck Kabongo
Kevin Pangos
Brady Heslip
The Shayok brothers
Cory Joseph

Game over America.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post

Andrew Wiggins
Tristan Thompson
Myck Kabongo
Kevin Pangos
Brady Heslip
The Shayok brothers
Cory Joseph

Game over America.

Don't act like you'll even surpass Spain as number 2.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-29-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

#TeamGB

Is Luol Deng even any good?

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-29-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

He's a very solid player.

RIP TheManInBlack