Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-09-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Performance of the Olympics. People don't realize that he would beat the first 2 legs of any women's 4x4 (sans USA) by himself, consecutively. Rudisha is the man and that race was one of the best I've ever seen, and the tops of these olympic games.

How do you feel about the Men's 5K coming up? I think this suits Rupp more and he could very well pick up the win. Rooting for Cameron Levins though.
Hopefully the D crew can continue their unprecedented success this year. I feel like the kenyans/ ethiopians are do for a rebound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
How about Symmonds and Solomon too? That's an amazing performance by that whole field, but Rudisha is GOAT. Far more impressive than anything we've seen by far.

But on the 5k, I missed the prelims until I caught them on some site today. Rupp and Farah both looked spent but with an additional 72 hours to rest up; I think they'll both be fine.

On Levins, I think he'll be what Rupp was in 2012, in 2016. I read a thing on Flotrack with him about how he triples with 11 in AM, afternoon and evening and that blew my mind. A collegiate somehow managing 130-140mpw?

I will say that the race gets taken out hard to string out Farah and Rupp, you don't want either of those kicks in the race with 300m to go, regardless of how tired they might be. Lagat is fresher but still, 37-years old.
Find it hard for Levins to continue his level of success he saw this year. It would be incredible if he could sustain that level of training over the next 4 years. It is very old school training and refreshing to see.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
And their women ...

You should have stopped at calling the Japanese Japs.

As for the women's Soccer i was proud to see my girl Hope Solo back up the talk and basically keep USA from silver.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill Walton doing the commentary for these USA basketball games would make it perfect.

EDIT: so far, it looks like they came to play, so that's good. Oh and Kevin Love has won me over in these games. Dude is a monster on the boards.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Last edited by Brent : 08-10-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brazil's volleyball team is awesome.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the US showed a lot of class in taking down Argentina in basketball. It would have been easy to just start acting up considering the history recently with those two teams but they did it the right way. A tribute i think to the coaches and veterans like Kobe Bryant.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USA already with more golds than they had in the 2008 Olympics, and they still have Basketball to go. Good to see
Old 08-10-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Hopefully the D crew can continue their unprecedented success this year. I feel like the kenyans/ ethiopians are do for a rebound.

Find it hard for Levins to continue his level of success he saw this year. It would be incredible if he could sustain that level of training over the next 4 years. It is very old school training and refreshing to see.
Alberto's crew has been running awesome this entire year. Their workouts have been crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
How about Symmonds and Solomon too? That's an amazing performance by that whole field, but Rudisha is GOAT. Far more impressive than anything we've seen by far.

But on the 5k, I missed the prelims until I caught them on some site today. Rupp and Farah both looked spent but with an additional 72 hours to rest up; I think they'll both be fine.

On Levins, I think he'll be what Rupp was in 2012, in 2016. I read a thing on Flotrack with him about how he triples with 11 in AM, afternoon and evening and that blew my mind. A collegiate somehow managing 130-140mpw?

I will say that the race gets taken out hard to string out Farah and Rupp, you don't want either of those kicks in the race with 300m to go, regardless of how tired they might be. Lagat is fresher but still, 37-years old.
That 800 was just awesome all around.
The 5k prelims were the least tactical distance race of the games this year. 13:19 is a pretty honest pace, especially in a prelim. Really looking forward to it, but I can see the finals being slow. The Kenyans and Ethiopians are too stubborn to try and take the legs out of Rupp and Farah, and they'll make it more tactical, thinking they can outkick those guys. I don't think anyone outkicks Rupp, who can drop a 600m kick like nobody else in the field. Mo got the 10 and I think Rupp will take the 5.

On Levins, people on my team got to know him very well since we're only 3 hours apart and our head coaches are brothers, and he is absolutely legit. Incredibly humble, and the confidence he gained has come from winning and dropping some insane kicks on guys like Lawi and Chris Derrick.

The 150 miles thing is legit. He hit that number right before Mt. Sac and he's been putting up quality miles all season. Cedar City is awesome because it is 5,000+ feet and within an hour he can be at Sea Level. He ran great in the 10k and his speed isn't Rupp or Farah level, but he can drop a nasty mile in the middle of this 5k and be fine, which isn't something very many people can do. He also closed the 10k at west regionals a couple years ago at 52 and he won his conference from 800-10,000 indoor and outdoor, so he has speed and he's used to high mileage and work on his legs. I would not be surprised if Salazar picks him up for the Oregon Track Project in a few years to train with Rupp. Darkhorse this year for sure, but in a few years he'll be up at the top of the world rankings in the 5 and 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
USA already with more golds than they had in the 2008 Olympics, and they still have Basketball to go. Good to see
Qualified 1st in the mens 4x1 and women's 4x4 too.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Alberto Salazar talks about closing speed importance in 5/10k's.

http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/248...medium=twitter

This was before the 10k, turns out he was right. You need that in the arsenal to medal.

Quote:

Old 08-11-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Thank god swimming has so many medals! amiright?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Brazil sucks to suck.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Thank god swimming has so many medals! amiright?
Don't be so jealous of our habitable waters, Caddy!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mexico! Mexico! Eat a dick, Brazil.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOOoOOOOOHOOOOO Bronze in the 4x100!

Edit: I guess not....******.

Last edited by RufusMcDaniel : 08-11-2012 at 03:09 PM.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't give a f*** if they won the gold for us. They look so ridiculously stupid in this picture. Especially that giant in front. wtf is she doing?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

I don't give a f*** if they won the gold for us. They look so ridiculously stupid in this picture. Especially that giant in front. wtf is she doing?
Showing off her ridiculously long arm.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow the 4x100 was crazy. Damn if Jamaica had Powell and USA had Walter Dix it would be the most epic race ever that honestly USA could have won. It makes no sense for me though to have Ryan Bailey to be the anchor leg, Gatlin most definitely should have been the anchor leg or at least the lead leg with his great starts. Even Tyson G would have been a better option as the anchor leg. Bailey although a fast SOB who could be a medalist next olympics simply didn't have it to stay with Bolt.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one had it to stay with Bolt. The only shot was to try to build an early lead, and Blake took care of that. No one was touching this relay team.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
No one had it to stay with Bolt. The only shot was to try to build an early lead, and Blake took care of that. No one was touching this relay team.
Jamaica won by .2 seconds, in comparison Trell Kimmons is a guy who rarely rarely ever has run under 10 seconds maybe one or twice, Dix always runs sub 10 second times and before his injury was team USA's top sprinter as he is a great 200 runner as well. Doc Patton would have been a better option over Kimmons if it weren't for him flubbing every single baton pass, the truth is with as close as USA and Jamaica were it can easily come down to hand offs. Just comparing splits on paper it looked like this:

1st leg:
Trell Kimmons: Season Best: 10.02
Michael Fraeter: Season Best: 9.94

2nd leg:
Justin Gatlin: Season Best: 9.79
Nesta Carter: Season Best: 9.95

3rd leg:
Tyson G: Season Best: 9.80
Johan Blake: Season Best: 9.75

4th leg:
Ryan Bailey: Season Best: 9.88
Usian Bolt: Season Best: 9.63

Just adding the splits:
USA: 39.49
Jamaica: 39.27

So just adding the splits it's crazy how accurate the difference was, so like I was saying the baton passes easily could have had US beating Jamaica, Bolt is the GOAT but Bailey is still a sub 10 second runner and if he had any sort of lead on Bolt, he would be hard to catch. They basically got the baton at the same time so it was pretty much over. He knew it as soon as he got it. Honestly it could have made a huge difference just having Gatlin do the start since he's the best starter in the world. That could have made a huge difference, I also would then have Tyson run the achor leg as he has the leg turnover to possibly hold of Usain if given any sort of lead.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Wow the 4x100 was crazy. Damn if Jamaica had Powell and USA had Walter Dix it would be the most epic race ever that honestly USA could have won. It makes no sense for me though to have Ryan Bailey to be the anchor leg, Gatlin most definitely should have been the anchor leg or at least the lead leg with his great starts. Even Tyson G would have been a better option as the anchor leg. Bailey although a fast SOB who could be a medalist next olympics simply didn't have it to stay with Bolt.
Agree with the top part 100%

When I saw the order this morning, I knew USA didn't want to put Gatlin with Bolt and they wanted to put Bailey (who is too young to know any better) against Bolt, hopefully with a lead. The 2nd handoff killed USA and Blake closed on the lead that Gatlin had built, meaning there was no way in hell Ryan Bailey was going to run down Usain.

Getting the baton around with 2/3 handoffs being great is a huge accomplishment for USA, but the end result just opened up a whole different discussion. Who is deciding these USA relay legs? The men's relays have both been set up awful. There was no reason to put Angelo Taylor anchor when he had 3 400 hurdles on his legs. Let him get the adrenaline of the start or put him on the 3rd leg, but McQuay was your ace. The guy anchored Florida to a national championship and split something crazy, and he's your #1 400 runner from here out. Taylor - Mance - Nellum - McQuay probably wins that 4x4 though, especially with how the Bahamas built their team.

On the 4x1, why not put Bailey 2nd? Ideally, I would have gone Tyson - Bailey - Spearmon - Gatlin and just hoped that Wallace had a huge chip on his shoulder and something to prove against Blake. You weren't going to win this one without Dix unless everything was perfect, but their chances go up huge with Spearmon on that back curve.

Just my opinion.

Quote:

Old 08-12-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Jamaica won by .2 seconds, in comparison Trell Kimmons is a guy who rarely rarely ever has run under 10 seconds maybe one or twice, Dix always runs sub 10 second times and before his injury was team USA's top sprinter as he is a great 200 runner as well. Doc Patton would have been a better option over Kimmons if it weren't for him flubbing every single baton pass, the truth is with as close as USA and Jamaica were it can easily come down to hand offs. Just comparing splits on paper it looked like this:

1st leg:
Trell Kimmons: Season Best: 10.02
Michael Fraeter: Season Best: 9.94

2nd leg:
Justin Gatlin: Season Best: 9.79
Nesta Carter: Season Best: 9.95

3rd leg:
Tyson G: Season Best: 9.80
Johan Blake: Season Best: 9.75

4th leg:
Ryan Bailey: Season Best: 9.88
Usian Bolt: Season Best: 9.63

Just adding the splits:
USA: 39.49
Jamaica: 39.27

So just adding the splits it's crazy how accurate the difference was, so like I was saying the baton passes easily could have had US beating Jamaica, Bolt is the GOAT but Bailey is still a sub 10 second runner and if he had any sort of lead on Bolt, he would be hard to catch. They basically got the baton at the same time so it was pretty much over. He knew it as soon as he got it. Honestly it could have made a huge difference just having Gatlin do the start since he's the best starter in the world. That could have made a huge difference, I also would then have Tyson run the achor leg as he has the leg turnover to possibly hold of Usain if given any sort of lead.
So this doesn't get buried.

Gatlin running that first leg would have been a good idea as well. Tyson on anchor any year but this one would have been the best, but with how he's ran after that injury, he might have been best suited for second, where there is no pressure and he gets that extra long leg.

Quote:

Old 08-12-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Lost in this all so proud that Tyson finally got an olympic medal, no one works as hard and deserves a medal as him, he's had so many unfortunate injuries, he probably wont make it back to Rio although if he can stay healthy I'd love to see him try at 200 again. BTW along with Dix don't forget Mike Rodgers being out as well Rodgers, is just as fast as Bailey and would have been a great leg.

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 08-12-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only caught the end of that Bronze medal basketball game, but that **** was awesome.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's ready for Spain to upset the US?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote