Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanna know how he got it reduced to 1? I thought it was 4, no exceptions.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Adderall suspensions have been reduced before. It's almost certainly that.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see Locker named starter there in Tennessee. I wouldn't have put a whole lot of stock in a half of preseason football and i see they didnt either. They need to put it on his shoulders and see what they have there. There was no sense waiting another year and then finding out they had a need at that position.

I have little doubt Locker will be successful. If he isn't you'll hear something along the lines of "now batting for the L.A. Angels right fielder Jake Locker".
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
They usually don't get reduced to a game though. They get wiped out entirely.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's four games for a PED, not substance. And he is a first time offender.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
They haven't said what he tested positive for yet and I'm not sure we'll ever find out.

That said, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here seeing as he has always done things the right way. It's still extremely disappointing though, and now the Falcons game could be without our starting FS and Tamba now. Not good.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We've seen cases where it happens in every way possible from no reductions, to partial reductions, to completely removed.

Unfortunately, because the league's testing policies are completely confidential, we don't get to learn the details unless the player blabs, which few have been doing.

My guess based on what I've read:

Test positive, no prescription - Full 4 games.

Test positive, have a prescription but it hasn't been properly filed with the league - Reduced suspension.

Test positive, have prescription, everything is squared away - Fully reduced.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL, Tyler Sash.

Joe Haden got his suspension reduced to one game as well. Something is up with Sash's story because his adderall suspension does not match up with everyone else's aderall suspensions.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Oh yeah, I guess it is for "Substance" and not PEDs. Whoops. Then it could be anything. Still, the inconsistency in the Adderall suspensions is troubling.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We've seen cases where it happens in every way possible from no reductions, to partial reductions, to completely removed.

Unfortunately, because the league's testing policies are completely confidential, we don't get to learn the details unless the player blabs, which few have been doing.

My guess based on what I've read:

Test positive, no prescription - Full 4 games.

Test positive, have a prescription but it hasn't been properly filed with the league - Reduced suspension.

Test positive, have prescription, everything is squared away - Fully reduced.
Not for Sash.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-20-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, it isn't a PED suspension, it's for substance, so I'm guessing a street level drug.. but still that is surprising. It just isn't like him. Blehhhh.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yep, it isn't a PED suspension, it's for substance, so I'm guessing a street level drug.. but still that is surprising. It just isn't like him. Blehhhh.
He's trying to get his mind off the PSU thing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-20-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
He's trying to get his mind off the PSU thing.
Too soon sir, too soon!

And I am a sad vidae now. :(

edit: from Kent Babb at the KC Star:

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells me that Hali's situation/suspension is unique and isn't defined specifically by the substance policy.

The **** does that mean? If it's that unique why not give him a warning?

Last edited by vidae : 08-20-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know it was possible but it looks like AJ has gotten even faster. The way he accelerated past Asante Samuel the other night was a sight to behold.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
Joe Haden got his suspension reduced to one game as well.
Where did you hear that? Last I had heard he was facing 4 games, but he hadn't even been officially informed of that by the league yet...
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
Where did you hear that? Last I had heard he was facing 4 games, but he hadn't even been officially informed of that by the league yet...
He didn't? Huh. I must of jumped the gun. Could've sworn I read he got his suspension reduced.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
That said, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here seeing as he has always done things the right way. It's still extremely disappointing though, and now the Falcons game could be without our starting FS and Tamba now. Not good.
A fan of a suspended players team giving said player the benefit of the doubt

Colour me shocked.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
A fan of a suspended players team giving said player the benefit of the doubt

Colour me shocked.
No, you're absolutely right here "Ron".. a player who has never been in trouble in his life tests positive for something that the league itself says is a unique situation and not clearly defined under their policy, but I should crucify him for it I guess.

Get real.

No one heard me defend Bowe at all when he tested positive for a diuretic because Bowe can be a dumbass. Tamba is not that guy though.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it's weird there really haven't been updates on Haden; the story broke, then it's been silent with no further details. I thought he was scripted but didn't file it.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody know when we'll hear about Lynch's suspension ?
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hes not being suspended
Old 08-20-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Good to see Locker named starter there in Tennessee. I wouldn't have put a whole lot of stock in a half of preseason football and i see they didnt either. They need to put it on his shoulders and see what they have there. There was no sense waiting another year and then finding out they had a need at that position.

I have little doubt Locker will be successful. If he isn't you'll hear something along the lines of "now batting for the L.A. Angels right fielder Jake Locker".
I'm super excited. Not trying to make excuses, (followed with my excuse) but that one preseason game is really the only bad game Jake has played in the NFL. It is a learning experience and he will have more games like it, but I still think he is going to be a solid QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I'm super excited. Not trying to make excuses, (followed with my excuse) but that one preseason game is really the only bad game Jake has played in the NFL. It is a learning experience and he will have more games like it, but I still think he is going to be a solid QB.
I'm riding the Jake Locker train with you Doughie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I don't believe this is true. We talked about it about a month ago but for a couple years, the Chargers were widely regarded as the most talented team in the league. How many Super Bowls did Rivers lead them to? I'm sure some of it had to do with coaching but switch the two guys and I think San Diego is the team with two Super Bowls and the Giants probably don't have any.
It has to do with defense. Give Rivers a defense that can hold some of the greatest offenses ever in check (07 Pats, 11 Packers, 11 Pats) and then lets have this argument.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im a big fan of jake locker, he was definitely one of the more talked about prospects on the board and ive always been a big fan (wayyyyyyyyyyyy moreso than bradford forever and for always) but i do think he should sit one more year, then i envision him being a beast next season
Old 08-20-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...stephon-heyer/

The Jets cut backup RT Stephon Heyer, leaving Wayne Hunter atop the depth chart.

They have to be hoping and praying some team cuts a mediocre RT during roster trimmings.