Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...arcus-mcneill/

The Jets have worked out the recently retired Marcus McNeil. Tell us again how Wayne Hunter is your team's starting RT Rex?
Old 08-23-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...arcus-mcneill/

The Jets have worked out the recently retired Marcus McNeil. Tell us again how Wayne Hunter is your team's starting RT Rex?
He's not. Look at the page before this. You better step your game up BB. I guess it's preseason for you also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He's not. Look at the page before this. You better step your game up BB. I guess it's preseason for you also.
Yeah, I saw, it was a joke on my end since the Jets claimed for so long that Hunter was their guy and blah blah blah...

I need to get into my regular season football sarcasm mode. I'll get a few more practice reps in...

Old 08-23-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Oh, and how could I forget,

Old 08-23-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dirk Koetter probably couldn't have been happier to get fired. It's gotta suck that your job is contingent on Blaine Gabbert and Cecil Shorts producing points, then all of a sudden you go to Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony G. You can already see the difference he's making there, but it's hard to get noticed when you don't have any talent on the roster.

And Julio was worth every bit of that trade they spent to move up and grab him, if you want to pin them winning the SB solely on his hands that's fine(although it's more on Matt Ryan and stepping it up in the playoffs) but he's going to blow up this year. If I KNOW that's what I'm getting, I'll pay that price.

I could probably list a handful of teams or more in the 20's of the 2011 draft who would give back their player taken, and give up that exact same trade to have Julio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Allow me to do some Tits horn tooting

2011 draft class-

Jake Locker-Starter
Akeem Ayers- Starter
Jurrell Casey- Starter
Colin McCarthy-Starter
Karl Klug- Our best pass rusher
Tommie Campbell- Starting nickle corner.

That is one sick draft class. Not bad for a rookie coach.
It's a great class in terms of how many starters they got out of it but let's see what level of play they put up. Also i wouldnt give the rookie coach much credit if any for the drafting of these guys. Not sure if that is what you were doing.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive been a Julio fanboy since he was a freshman, i thought it was a great trade.

Falcon got a stud WR and still londed one of the best interior linemen this year, browns didnt get screwed or anything by any means i just think julio jones would have been way more impactful for them than phil taylor and greg little (dont remember the EXACT terms of the trade and what picks were used, just looking at the overall) Imagine Julio and trent on the same pro offense, it could have been magical
Old 08-23-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...us-vetstarter/

Jim Irsay tweeting it up.

Quote:
“talking about giving up high pick for a SERIOUS Vet/Starter,” and that his “check book stands ready!”
Mike Wallace would be the obvious guess. The article mentions MJD too, but there isn't a chance in hell the Jags trade him in the division, if they trade him at all.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wallace, with his connection to Arians, makes a ton of sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im so turned on.

I want a first rounder and jerry hughes, so basically just a first rounder
Old 08-24-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

im liking blackmon so far, even with abysmal QB play he could put up a hell of a rookie year
Old 08-29-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
BreeveErogemn
Rookie

BreeveErogemn hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Ugg Sale Online

bootsforholland com]Ugg Laarzen
BreeveErogemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
BreeveErogemn
Rookie

BreeveErogemn hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Goedkope Ugg Schoenen

bootsforholland com]Ugg Nederland
BreeveErogemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Confuse bot by making making its post more relevant to the Pro Football thread...

Old 08-29-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

During dinner at a pub after work last night, I offended a few people at the table beside ours by telling a Tebow joke: "If Tim Tebow doesn't like abortions, then why does he keep playing quarterback?"

Apparently, there is some hidden message about demonic worship or killing little babies in it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Confuse bot by making making its post more relevant to the Pro Football thread...

The greatest QB of all time wears UGGs :(
Old 08-29-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Skins just signed Jonathan Crompton. Move over RG3!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

The greatest QB of all time wears UGGs :(
Won't lie. Montana looks good in that shot.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Won't lie. Montana looks good in that shot.
I think that is supposed to be Favre in a Levi's ad.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I was following the joke well until Favre. No GOAT candidate is allowed to have the record for career interceptions.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I think Favre could have been worked in after we got through Marino, Manning, Elway, Rogers, RG3 and Luck

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-29-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I think Favre could have been worked in after we got through Marino, Manning, Elway, Rogers, RG3 and Luck
How dare you forget Russell ******* Wilson! He's already a franchise QB and elite stud playmaker sex machine. Saying he's Drew Brees 2.0 is an insult to Russell Wilson. Maybe Drew Brees TIMES 2.0 would be more apt.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I just that thought that went without saying.
He is the Gretzky of QBs.

Its him. Then a discussion for everyone else.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-29-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just that thought that went without saying.
He is the Tebow of QBs.

Its him. Then a discussion for everyone else.
Fixed that for ya

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Fixed that for ya
Come on. Tebow is above a specific position.
He is above the shield. He is bigger than the sport.
It is downright SINFUL you would even suggest Tebow is limited to just being the best QB. He is the bestest human being ever.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-29-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the GOAT QB topic, I think that there's Otto Graham, and then there's a cluster of about a half-dozen guys that nobody will ever agree on.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote